fave O-town restaurants?

I'm obsessed with Shanghai...their coconut curry vegetables are to die for.

New Mee Fung--excellent Vietnamese and possibly the best strawberry shake I have ever graced my tastebuds with.

The Elgin St Diner for late night hangover breakfasts!

Dirienzo's for the Diavolo sandwich--proscuitto, hot calabrese, soppressata, pickled eggplant, dijon mustard and cheese (but I can't remember which kind).

Pasticceria Gelateria for the cannoli!

Also, if anyone knows where I can get decent pistachio baklava please PM me!

Guest i***k***

I second Dirienzo's!

Also Vittoria Trattoria, Prime 360, Absinthe Cafe, Keg Manor, Friday's

oh oh! and Colonnade Pizza

Pasticceria Gelateria for the cannoli!

And the 20+ kinds of gelati!

Juniper in Westboro, The Courtyard in the Market.

Or, for less money and more ordinary cuisine, but just as much fun: Village Cafe and The Newport - also in Westboro.

And the 20+ kinds of gelati!

Juniper in Westboro, The Courtyard in the Market.

Or, for less money and more ordinary cuisine, but just as much fun: Village Cafe and The Newport - also in Westboro.

Pure Gelato is really good for gelato as well. Man I love that stuff. Pistachio is my favourite.

MMMM. Pistachio!!! I agree. Yum-yum. Food cum!

Oh most definitely. I love food so much! I just hate cooking it myself.

Fratelli -Westboro, maccheroni & cheese or linguine di mare

Biagios- Stuffed shells!

Nokam Tai -Westboro great soups, and awesome green curry

Siam Bistro- Hintonburg

I third Derienzo's on Beech try the #3 or #5, (the original) not the one in Parkwood Hills

Donna's Express best roasted chicken soup ever

Napoli's stitsville- excellent staff nice environment terrific food and menu!

Iniluki, I agree with you on a few but...

Keg manor is nice, but way over priced, staff is snooty maybe they don't like my horse tied up to the hitchin post.

Prime 360 if only the food tasted as good as it smelled, I'm often in that shopping concourse or en route to the Minto suites and tempted by the smells but when ever I find myself dining I'm disapointed, what do you suggest from their menu.

And Colonade hands down the best pie in town, although I do have one close friend who will argue with me on that one, having had a rare and isolated need to dash to ladies room on one occasion :) LMAO, she knows who she is!

That is the best Pizza ever but only from that kitchen, the other Colonades in Kanata and Ottawa west just aren't the same.

Fratelli -Westboro, maccheroni & cheese or linguine di mare

Biagios- Stuffed shells!

Nokam Tai -Westboro great soups, and awesome green curry

Siam Bistro- Hintonburg

Derienzo's on Beech try the #3 or #5, (the original) not the one in Parkwood Hills

Donna's Express best roasted chicken soup ever

Napoli's stitsville- excellent staff nice environment terrific food and menu!

Yes, the original Dirienzo's off Preston is the best one!

I like the baklava at Brioche on Bank street in the Glebe (west side across from the Glebe Meat market). Their strawberry white forest cakes are amazing too and any time I grab one for a party or whatever, everyone loves it.

For pizza, well I like Colonnade but the best is K&S up on Bank street at Albion. Ma and Pa place, 1960's decor..hole in the wall but good pizza!

• Like 1

Dudes. Pizza Shark. It looks like a hole, the website makes me laugh hysterically (think Jaws music playing while someone rings a doorbell and you hear a woman's voice, just a second! and when she opens the door, the guy goes, PIZZA SHARK! and then you enter the site), but the pizza is delish!

Try hot peppers, tomatoes and feta on thick crust. Trust me.

For two years running Dirienzo was place of choice, once a week we did a mass order of over 15+ sandwiches for the office lunch.

Pure Gelato is amazing! I didn't know about that place until recently when I got a special someone some to share. We both loved it!

Second capitalman's baklava from Brioche.

Singapore Restaurant, best chicken satay and beancurd+sprouts in O-town.

Nando's for their hot chicken liver.

Edited by etasman2000
sentence fragment

For two years running Dirienzo was place of choice, once a week we did a mass order of over 15+ sandwiches for the office lunch.

Pure Gelato is amazing! I didn't know about that place until recently when I got a special someone some to share. We both loved it!

Second capitalman's baklava from Brioche.

Singapore Restaurant, best chicken satay and beancurd+sprouts in O-town.

Nando's for their hot chicken liver.

MMMM chicken satay. *drools* I'm going to have to try that place!

Dudes. Pizza Shark. It looks like a hole, the website makes me laugh hysterically (think Jaws music playing while someone rings a doorbell and you hear a woman's voice, just a second! and when she opens the door, the guy goes, PIZZA SHARK! and then you enter the site), but the pizza is delish!

Try hot peppers, tomatoes and feta on thick crust. Trust me.

I've had Pizza Shark and it's not bad, the wings not so much but not bad.

Erin the commercial you here on the website is inspired by a classic snl sketch from the 70's that you're probably to young to remember, Pizza Shark meet the land shark....

http://www.spike.com/video/land-shark/2802070

I ate at so many wonderful restaurants while in Ottawa.

The pub on the corner of Eglin and Sparks has a great beet salad.

The 360 bistro at the Minto was very good. Cowboy I had the fillet both times I was there along with a salad.

The Marriott?s lounge. Great duck confit something appetizer, don?t know the spelling or name of it

The delta fine dinning was the absolute best, not to be confused with their lounge.

A lounge on sparks can?t think of the name but it has 2 big salt water fish tanks and if you are walking towards Elgin it is on the right hand side.

The Lux patio was nice on a hot day down at the market.

And of course the coffee - 2nd cup but it was closing out of business and star bucks.

Oh and I did eat at barbs strip club and it was the most disgusting food ever.

• Like 1

Eighteen - Market (their lobster new style bisque and black cod is my fave)

Oz Kafe- Elgin (edemame aps and rotating small-plate specials and martinis...oh my!)

Wasabi- Market (good sushi for your buck considering its ottawa)

Elgin street diner- elgin- has THE BEST late night poutine..I get the one with bacon and caramelized onions on it! *tummy grumbles*

Social- Market (good for creative aps and drinks)

• Like 1

I'd have to say Beckta on Nepean between Kent and Bank is the best restaurant in Ottawa. Menu changes month to month. Small and intimate, but very upscale. Will impress any SP on a dinner date.

Depend on the company your with but what about the pizza at the Prescott or the wings at Local Heros

Prescott is alot of peoples favorite just look on Fridays get there by 9am if you want good seat

My all time fav is either location of AL's Steak house Elgin or Bells Corners todie for Garlic dressing

Oh and I did eat at barbs strip club and it was the most disgusting food ever.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. I don't think people are coming (haha) for the food!

I've had Pizza Shark and it's not bad, the wings not so much but not bad.

Erin the commercial you here on the website is inspired by a classic snl sketch from the 70's that you're probably to young to remember, Pizza Shark meet the land shark....

http://www.spike.com/video/land-shark/2802070

Ha, not only was it before my time, but I have never been into SNL much, even now.

Question please ... is there any good asian within 3-4 blocks of the Delta (Queen St. and Bay)?

Question please ... is there any good asian within 3-4 blocks of the Delta (Queen St. and Bay)?

there are some cute asian girls on Somerset just up Bronson...

oh wait you mean FOOD! (yes har har...someone HAD to ;-) )

I'm actually a really big fan of Shanghai restaurant on Somerset near Bronson...its very cute small and very NOT hole in the wall-ish. they have rotating art on the wall and friendly family service...fun nights after 9pm hosted by family members (one who is a drag queen and does a hillarious Karaoke night on saturdays!...definitely dinner and a show!) also very reasonably priced

I have been avoiding this thread because I am such a food snob!

Cowboy gotta agree with you about Prime 360 place is pitiful compared to the real steak houses of NYC (they still have the sea green decor from when the place was Noah's in the 80's!!!)

18 in the market can be good but it is hit and miss.

Empire grill is a classic Ottawa spot again probably over priced for what you get but it has history.

Al's on Elgin has History!!

The owners Daughter at the New May Fung or whatever Erin said is outstanding!! I think the food is good but I get so easily distracted.

Gastro Pub on Wellington has some very good eats

The Wine Bar in the market home of the $12 fries is always a great place for a date and not very expensive (you get a steak as a side with the fries)

I find the beer and decor at Pub Italia is intoxicating the food sucks

I do like the deep fried pickels at the Heart and Crown also on Preston Street

It does not get much more honest than the Prescott! (mmmm Meat Balls!)

And is it just me or are the sandwiches at Direnzios starting to slide?

Oh and I have 2 insider tips of the week

1) Coconut Lagoon on St. Laurent looks like a dive however the Cheff owner is a highly awarded international cheff from India with awards and ackolads from all over the world check out the $10 lunch bufffet!!!

2) Peter the little Italina guy that owns Bonkers on Wellington is a decorated Italian cheff who put Giovanis on the Map in the 80's and 90's go in and see him for his daily specail ususally aroun $6 it is as good or better than anything you will get on Preston st.!

I alos realy like dropping into Fetuccini's on Elgin for the Pasta of the day it is all made fresh on site and it is very good.

Swiss Pasteris on Richmond rd. has a deli counter and it is fantastic, of course the local made desserts are not shabby either and try the presure brewed coffee.

I should stop now or I will ruin my book sales!! Ottawa's Restaurant and food guide :D (just kidding about the book I know some of you beleive every word I say)

• Like 1

I have been avoiding this thread because I am such a food snob!

Cowboy gotta agree with you about Prime 360 place is pitiful compared to the real steak houses of NYC (they still have the sea green decor from when the place was Noah's in the 80's!!!)

18 in the market can be good but it is hit and miss.

Empire grill is a classic Ottawa spot again probably over priced for what you get but it has history.

Al's on Elgin has History!!

The owners Daughter at the New May Fung or whatever Erin said is outstanding!! I think the food is good but I get so easily distracted.

Gastro Pub on Wellington has some very good eats

The Wine Bar in the market home of the $12 fries is always a great place for a date and not very expensive (you get a steak as a side with the fries)

I find the beer and decor at Pub Italia is intoxicating the food sucks

I do like the deep fried pickels at the Heart and Crown also on Preston Street

It does not get much more honest than the Prescott! (mmmm Meat Balls!)

And is it just me or are the sandwiches at Direnzios starting to slide?

Oh and I have 2 insider tips of the week

1) Coconut Lagoon on St. Laurent looks like a dive however the Cheff owner is a highly awarded international cheff from India with awards and ackolads from all over the world check out the $10 lunch bufffet!!!

2) Peter the little Italina guy that owns Bonkers on Wellington is a decorated Italian cheff who put Giovanis on the Map in the 80's and 90's go in and see him for his daily specail ususally aroun $6 it is as good or better than anything you will get on Preston st.!

I alos realy like dropping into Fetuccini's on Elgin for the Pasta of the day it is all made fresh on site and it is very good.

Swiss Pasteris on Richmond rd. has a deli counter and it is fantastic, of course the local made desserts are not shabby either and try the presure brewed coffee.

I should stop now or I will ruin my book sales!! Ottawa's Restaurant and food guide :D (just kidding about the book I know some of you beleive every word I say)

Dummpy, don't ya know we all hang on your every word?? It's like gospel! Hahahaha.