fave O-town restaurants?

I agree with Dumpy's choice of Coconut Lagoon. Excellent food. Another place I like is more like a hole in the wall but the food is tasty and the owner very friendly and accomodating. It's called Shaan Curry house and is on Merivale Road in the strip mall opposite CJOH TV station.

Cool, thanks. When it comes to women, you gotta love those female orientals.

Plus, though I'm down in that area a lot, wasn't aware of the donair place. Always love good donair, so Romeo's is high on my "food to do" list now.

:cool:

Cool, thanks. When it comes to women, you gotta love those female orientals.

:cool:

nothing like eating lentils off female orientals!

;)

Well In my WPT poker Tour freeroll event . I found a great pub called Greenfields Pub.

They serve the best zuccini sticks that I have evr had and a great fully loaded garlic bread. Next time I'll try the wings.:D:cool::o

Well In my WPT poker Tour freeroll event . I found a great pub called Greenfields Pub.

They serve the best zuccini sticks that I have evr had and a great fully loaded garlic bread. Next time I'll try the wings.:D:cool::o

I've been to this place, it's just off Greenbank, right? forget what i had but remember it being very good ... was there for a lunch one day .... should go back.

Editted to let folks know it's kind of behind the UPS store off Greenbank. If you don't know where it is it can be a lil tough to spot.

I've been to this place, it's just off Greenbank, right? forget what i had but remember it being very good ... was there for a lunch one day .... should go back.

Yes It is on Greenbank just past fallowfield.

They also have a very sexy hot blond waitress in stephannie on tuesdays.

Beef Burger: The Works (Aussie Burger (w/ egg and beet) w/ sweet potato fries; now that Lick's is closed)

Pizza: Georgie's Pizza on Carling (Georgie's Special w/ Italian Sausage instead of Onion; even better re-heated in the oven)

Steak: Prime 360 (...because I had a memorable night there (only me and my date in the whole restaurant) and drank some really nice scotch)

Chinese Food: Rubys Inn at Bank and Walkley (for order-out)

Chinese Food: 'Something' Dragon Restaurant on Somerset (for authentic dining)

Asian Food: Mandarin @ Olgilvie (for authentic dining)

Vietnamese: Vietnamese Kitchen on Bank (before it closed when Tommy & Lefevre burnt down, I love their Deep Fried Pineapple)

Mongolian: Mongolian Hot Pot @ Billings Bridge (fun yummy, dining experience)

Wine & Cheese: Vineyards in the Market (largest wine selection around and nice International Cheese Platter)

Unique Dining: Aboriginal Sweetgrass Bistro (great fusion with Bison Burgers, Grilled Buffalo, Wild Boar Baby Back Ribs (which are to die for))

Fish & Chips: The Newfoundland Pub (Well, who else would make it better :P )

Chicken Burger: Mary Brown's in Kingston (Big Mary & Taters - Ya Heard Me! (It's worth the drive))

Pub Food: Royal Oak (any of them) & Arrow and Loon in the Glebe (because the A&L delivers :D )

Bacon Mac & Cheese: Hard Rock Cafe in the Market (but they won't deliver :P )

Those are my recommendations above for yummy eats in Ottawa, but wanted to know if anyone could recommend:

Where is the best 'Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Coconut Vegetable Soup'?

Wow, impressive list! Thanks for the tip about the Sweet Grass, particularly. And after more than 20 years, glad to hear the Vineyards basement is still serving that same cheese platter. (Lol.) Must be one of the longest-running Market successes. Most move on and morph in the Market after a few years.

Hey Melaine,

You're square. Lol. But I agree. I do love those ribs at Montanas. Good point. From two squares. Lol.

Guest O***wa**W
call me square but I still like the chain restaurants. I still think Montanas is the best.

I love thier sweet potato fries. I always ask for extra of the garlic ancho dip it comes with, and put it on my burgers. So good!

I just had amazing ribs at the Royal Oak in Orleans. They just fell right off the bone.

Unfortunately there Rib Fest ends this coming Monday. waa waa:pimp:

I second that squareness comment, but admit to it too- great coleslaw and the wings are great too! I have a friend who has a tough time with spiciness so I ordered them once with their apple butter bbq sauce...Wow, a definite must try, that is the only way I get them now!

I second that squareness comment, but admit to it too- great coleslaw and the wings are great too! I have a friend who has a tough time with spiciness so I ordered them once with their apple butter bbq sauce...Wow, a definite must try, that is the only way I get them now!

First, I'm loving the new avatar!

Second, apple butter bbq sauce? Sign me up!

The Royal Oak on Bank St. near south of Somerset. I had the best steak in a long time.

To bad our hot little Minx Sara is going back home to New Zealand, for good.

My favorite restaurants:

Wasabi Japanese & Sushi bar on Clarence

Foundation on York ( I love the Ahi Tuna Spinach salad)

Trattoria Caffe Italia on Preston

Luxe Bistro

The Keg

Whatever happened to Outback Steakhouse? I loved that place!

Guest O***wa**W

I just got a nice fancy cocktail dress and need to go out somewhere nice to wear it. Any suggestions?

I just got a nice fancy cocktail dress and need to go out somewhere nice to wear it. Any suggestions?

The revolving restaurant on top of the Marriot at Queen and Kent

Mama Theressa's for Italian Oconnor and Laurier I believe

the restaurant in the Chateau Laurier

There is now an excellent Turkish restaurant now on Preston about 1/2 block north of Carling. It is in an old house and called the Effes Restaurant.

Excellent choice with good service and authentic Turkish food.

I was always a fan of KS Pizza on Bank at Albion. They've now moved to a new fancy restaurant in the South Keys plaza. Has anyone been there? What are they offering? Is their pizza still the same or different now?