IE giving a member a odd error message? Anyone else having this issue?

I have a report that one of our members gets this error since the server went down last week (on a regular basis) using internet explorer.

The error message is...

"Not Implemented

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because a header value in the request does not match certain configuration settings on the Web server."

anyone else getting this same error? I am asking as I am trying to pin point the error (If it is just on the one members computer or is it some problem on the site that I can not reproduce)?

If your using IE and having no problems could you let us know that as well?

Not getting this error, this is on the client side. clearing their cache might solve the problem.

It may, they say it is happening less so it could very well be a cache issue if they tried to access cerb the other day when the server was having issues.... and as time goes on IE clears the cache (about 2-4 days I think - I am not a IE user)

Firefox, chome, etc... are all superior IMHO to IE and far less issues with Firefox. I love the firefox browser (no issues with it on MAC or PC) but don't use it on Android devices (it has a lot of bugs still).

Guest jrose

Same error on IE when hitting the logo to return to the home page. Ditto leaving the window open and the Shout Box reload

I use Firefox, but was out of town and using a computer that uses IE

Only thing I noticed, sometimes I would hit the refresh icon and it would take me right out of the board itself and back to the main log in page

and I sometimes had to re-log in, sometimes my username/password still there, just click the log in icon.

Don't know if it means anything

RG

I have encountered this message a couple of times, I think at the shout box page. Sign-on. Just reloaded no problem. Using IE.

Think that was a couple of days ago.

I use Firefox, but was out of town and using a computer that uses IE

Only thing I noticed, sometimes I would hit the refresh icon and it would take me right out of the board itself and back to the main log in page

and I sometimes had to re-log in (log-in screens blank), sometimes my username/password still there, just click the log in icon.

Don't know if it means anything

RG

Somehow I double posted. My bad

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Wow... Ie sucks eh! Lol... If anyone has any ideas to address this let me know. I cant find a solution for this one. Maybe my fellow techie geeks here have a suggestion other then tell everyone to switch to firefox.

For the last few days, everything was fine while using IE but I've been coming across the same problems again...

This happened while I was looking at one of the pictures in one of my albums and clicked on "next picture".

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Client sent malformed Host header

Web Server at cerb.ca

--------------------------------------------------------------

This was from last night while browsing the general section in IE:

"Not Implemented

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because a header value in the request does not match certain configuration settings on the Web server."

That may be a MOD_SECURITY issue with the server, the website software and your browser not getting along. I will check the logs for this and see if I can find anything. If it happens again PM me the EXACT time it happened (EST) - Makes it easier to find the error in the server logs for that particular instance.

• Like 1

No logged errors with mod_security... so that is not the problem. If EVERYONE using IE having this issue? It could be malware/spyware/trojan/worm/bug/etc... in the browser... or just cause IE has these silly unexplained issues at times.

Again... switch to firefox (I gave up on IE years ago... hell I gave up on PC's years ago and now use a MAC)

Again... switch to firefox (I gave up on IE years ago... hell I gave up on PC's years ago and now use a MAC)

Is there a way for me to sync the IE and Firefox browsers so I can finally get rid of IE all together?

Thanks!

Is there a way for me to sync the IE and Firefox browsers so I can finally get rid of IE all together?

I think (from memory) that when you install FF it gives you an option to import bookmarks, etc from IE. It probably won't be able to get passwords, though, so you'd have to type them all in again the first time you visit each site you use so that FF can remember them.