Do you find yourself humming away to your favorite tv/movie theme song, one of my favorites was always the theme to Mash until last year I always thought it always to be just an instrumental piece. After hearing the lyrics it became one of my all time favorites melodies. I know the topic is dark.

What are some of your favorite theme songs?

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRni5_8Y3-A&NR=1

The scene from the original movie MASH.

It always the first theme song that comes to mind.

Additional Comments:

The other theme song that I love to sing to myself, even had it as a ring tone for a while.

Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show.

Always brings a smile to my face.

Wow. That song brings me back. That had to be one of my favorite shows of all time. So funny, yet so thought provoking and meaningful. Such powerful statements on the futility and uselessness of war, yet with such intense humor that you actually hurt your sides laughing. I didn't actually see the movie until later, but I grew up with the show. The song does bring out a lot of emotion for me, even today. Thanks for that.

I loved this song and if often stuck in my head. I was a big fan of the show too. And in fact made a stop in the original Bull & Finch pub in Boston that the show is based on and had a few pints.

Jame Bond Live and Let Die theme

Additional Comments:

Mission imposible theme

the limp bizkit version is the one I like called "TAKE A LOOK AROUND"

Here are the two most famous theme songs in the UK...both of which every single person in Britain knows off by heart!!!

Dr Who

...and of course Coronation Street

There are lots of theme songs from many contexts but the very first that came to mind for me is the theme from Rocky, Gonna Fly Now.

• Like 1

How about this one?

I used to love this show as a kid. Cheesy as hell but the theme song would stick in your head for days.

I love the theme/intro song to The Sopranoes

Also some of James Bond, Die Another Day and Tomorrow Never Dies

Anything John Williams has come up with is gold to me (Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc). But in particular his Superman theme is probably my all time favorite movie theme.

In my opinion it's the best and most recognizable character theme ever conceived. I'm super bummed that the new movie, Man Of Steel, will not feature this music.

And on a similar note Danny Elfman's '89 Batman theme would have to come in a close second http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38lWxFNzCas