'Even a perv has only so much patience'...wtf lol... Why even put this in the article.

Might have to make a stop this weekend.

Going to try to get in this weekend (tomorrow or Sat.) or sometime next week. Hope others will try to drop by as well - I was a bit shocked to see the comment that business was down 50% at 340. Figured the construction would have an impact but didn't think it would be that harsh.

Guess I'll have to try to muster all my perverted patience.

• Like 3

Pretty sure Barb's is closing as soon as lrt opens too. Which is sad. I live at one end of the lrt and it would be so convenient

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Probably time to stop by, hoping for a Jenny sighting.

She's been in this week.

I dropped by last night for a quiet ale - turned out to be an expensive one. Wall to wall lovelies, and not as quiet it's been often recently. Hung out with Maggie and Valerie. Maria was looking splendid as always. Veteran Jasmine dropped by to say hello. Brie is a newcomer, and Cassidy back after being away a few years. Stacey, Nicole, Chantal, Via, Candy, Katrina, Cissy and at least one or two more.

• Like 6

Pretty sure Barb's is closing as soon as lrt opens too. Which is sad. I live at one end of the lrt and it would be so convenient

We've had a fair amount of discussion about this possibilty a couple of times in the past in this thread (lastly from about p. 186 post #1855 to p. 190 post #1891) and, at this stage, I really don't know where things stand.

As has been posted many times, there seems to be a good deal of evidence that a prominent local developer (Claridge) has acquired ownership of at least part of the site, so I guess it comes down to whether or not that interest includes the existing building and if there is any heritage designation that would preclude demolition of the structure. Of course the length of the lease held by Barb's owner is also an important factor.

It seems that the initial phase of LRT is scheduled to open sometime in '18, so are we looking at another 18 or so months? Maybe 2 years at the outside?

Would be interesting to know if the lease is up at the end of 2017 (or sooner).

Yes, it is sad to contemplate.

It will be very sad to see Barb's close as it was the first club that I worked at.

Let's say "it would be", since we should use the subjunctive rather than indicative, for something which may happen in the future (or may not). Let's hope not.

:-)

• Like 1

Yes, I would miss Barb's as well. Don't get there as often these days but I'll probably pop in some time during Bluesfest.

I was in the area so I stopped in last Tuesday night (31 May) Barbs was not packed by a long shot. However, I was surprised to see that the CR had about 10 seats taken when I ventured back with Stacy (and before that Heavenly). The barkeep did confirm that business was down about 50%.

• Like 1

And in Barbarellas favour, drinks aren't ridiculously expensive, it's wheelchair accessible and the staff are all pretty nice

• Like 2

Dropped by this afternoon to support Barbs, one, and two, reconnect with Jenny. I was able to catch her dance routine and then captivated her attention for the next hour or so. It was also good to see a couple of admirers waiting in the wings to grab Jenny after I returned bar-side. She still has her fan club after all these years a testament to her personality and beauty. Only about a dozen patrons were in the house when I left around 5:30 pm.

Met slim and athletic dark haired Maria who was quite pleasant and exuded a lot of energy when she took to the dance floor. Also recognized Leah and Talia! First time I saw a petite blonde with tattoos, ear gages and a few ������ piercings. She was interestingly dressed in a white sports bra including white knee high stockings with built in knee pads. She showed off her athletic ability and well formed abs during her routine on stage. I did not catch her name nor did I get to talk with her. She has bright eyes and seems to be very attentive. I have to admit she tweaked my curiosity:)

• Like 5

Dropped by this afternoon to support Barbs, one, and two, reconnect with Jenny. I was able to catch her dance routine and then captivated her attention for the next hour or so. It was also good to see a couple of admirers waiting in the wings to grab Jenny after I returned bar-side. She still has her fan club after all these years a testament to her personality and beauty.

Thanks for the update Reddog01!

Great to know that Jenny has been in the club - I'm hoping to drop by soon (maybe tomorow) as it's been way too long and I definitely need to "reconnect".

It's always so nice to see Jenny onstage prior to a CR sojurn.

No doubt she still has a "fan club" and I'm a long term member of it.

Her "personality and beauty" are both almost matchless. Seeing her at Barb's always seems like such a lucky event, even after many encounters.

P. S. :

Managed to drop in to 340 very, very briefly on Saturday afternoon (6/11) and found the club to be really quiet, even for this typically fairly subdued time. It was great to see Jenny take her turns on stage. She was followed by pretty, blonde and busty Juicy. Departed about 2:45 after speaking with Jenny about her upcoming schedule - she'll probably be in every day next week, with the usual exception of Tuesday, for all you Jenny fans out there.

Things were so quiet in the club that I really felt bad about not being able to stay and have some 'Jenny time'. Hope that the regulars will try to find the time to drop in and support our friends at Barb's. According to Reddog01's post above, at least J. was doing ok on Friday afternoon, but reports about things being slow as a result of the situation on Queen St. seemed to be confirmed. Hope to follow Reddog01's example soon.

At the risk of seeming like a broken record, I have to say Jenny's staggering onstage presence never ceases to astound, delight, and amaze. Truly a one-of-a-kind beauty.

• Like 4

First time I saw a petite blonde with tattoos, ear gages and a few ������ piercings. She was interestingly dressed in a white sports bra including white knee high stockings with built in knee pads. She showed off her athletic ability and well formed abs during her routine on stage. I did not catch her name nor did I get to talk with her. She has bright eyes and seems to be very attentive. I have to admit she tweaked my curiosity:)

Sounds like Harley to me. Very pleasant company, and has some interesting travel stories to tell.

• Like 2

Sounds like Harley to me.

Sounds exactly like Harley. She was dancing in that sports bra (and little else) about half an hour ago.

Lots of lovelies at Barb's this afternoon, and they'll be keen for your attention (not so many punters). Jenny, Maria, Sammi, Siya, Harley, Havana, Jade, Serena, and maybe a few more.

• Like 5

Anyone know why Barbs was closed this afternoon? (Monday june 20th) I wanted a quick beer today but found a locked door.

Really wondering what this is about as well. Any staff/insiders or anyone with knowledge about this?

There was a power outage in the area today which may have caused some businesses to temporarily close.

Thanks for the intel, tpl.

Does Melanie still work at Barb's? Fairly tall, francophone, medium-length hair, large breasts?

Probably would have been 2012-ish when I frequently semi-regularly.

Checked out Rib-fest yesterday on the Sparks St Mall followed by a Barb's visit at about 5:30 PM.

It was really quiet, no more than five or six patrons in the place. No Jenny, however I did see Stacy (she was in early). Still extremely quiet when I left at around 8:30.

• Like 2

Stopped in yesterday with a couple of friends, late afternnon. Quiet is the word. Jenny was there but no one else I knew.

• Like 1

I was there mid-afternoon yesterday - eerily quiet. Jenny was there and one other lady, but that's it. How much longer can this go on?

• Like 1

I was there mid-afternoon yesterday - eerily quiet. Jenny was there and one other lady, but that's it. How much longer can this go on?

It seems the situation is only getting worse. I would assume the owners are just running out the clock on when they have to close.

The last few times I've been there, there were more dancers than patrons. It seems like the norm now.