Telephone number 999 999 9999

Guest S*rca****sid

It's not always a spoofed called. Sometimes your provider does not have the capabilities to know who is calling. For your caller ID to work, your carrier has to know what number is calling you for the system to show on your phone.

If it is an oversees number (i.e. from a country that doesn't have the same infrastructure), or from an online service similar to Skype.

I have heard that some telemarketers use this to hide their number. It would be pointless to contact your carrier because they won't know who called, for reasons I mentioned above.

I've seen 000-123-4567 before. Calling from Skype or via the computer.

760-708-8888 I think is using Google Voice. Same thing.

Basically same as calling from a blocked #, trying to hide their ID, up to no good, imo.

Thank you. I know when someone uses a calling card, it shows up as 011 xxx xxxx. Thats for a call. Just wierd that a text would show up this way.

Thanks for the input.

Trying to figunre out how someone can send a text from a telephone number 999 999 9999. The number is not real. Hopefully someone can enlighten me. Thanks!

If you send an email to [email protected] (where the 10 digit cell phone number is a Telus customer) the contents of the email are sent as a text message from 999 999 9999 :)

• Like 2

If you send an email to [email protected] (where the 10 digit cell phone number is a Telus customer) the contents of the email are sent as a text message from 999 999 9999 :)

Thanks - because I got another text the other day from the same number, however it was from Telus about my account. That makes sense.

Trying to figunre out how someone can send a text from a telephone number 999 999 9999. The number is not real. Hopefully someone can enlighten me. Thanks!

That's just a text message sent from the web. For example, Telus lets you send a text message to any Telus customer from this web page:

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/NS/send_message/

When I text myself from this page it comes form 999-999-9999. Other carriers have similar features.

• Like 2