Have you watched any good movies lately?

We're The Millers.

It's a funny movie, and Jennifer Aniston what a body :shehot:.

Kick Ass 2.

If you haven't seen the first one, don't worry you didn't miss much, if you don't see this one, you won't miss much either.

I saw Joss Whedon's Much Ado about Nothing a few weeks ago at the Mayfair theatre.

Really, really fun. Loved watching his simple, home-grown production, with lots of talented actors plainly just enjoying themselves for a few days among friends. And Nathan Fillion stole every scene he was in (no surprise there).

Plus, it really was straight-up a well done, low-key version of the play. Nicely shot, well acted. Probably the best part of the whole spell was that, being familiar with a lot of these actors from Whedon's other work, I kind of felt like I was among friends the whole time. (Plus, I actually was among friends the whole time so, you know, that kind of helped.)

Still, Amy Acker is the latest to solidly capture my heart. Now THAT's someone to spend your life with. (Dreamy sighs.)

movies-much-ado-about-nothing-amy-acker_1.jpg

• Like 3

I recently re-watched Hot Fuzz and it's still one of my favorite movies of all time. It simultaneously spoofs the action movies I grew up loving while also having fun action scenes of its own and an unparalleled wit. It's on Netflix too so you have no excuse if you haven't seen it yet!

• Like 2

Saw R.I.P.D yesterday.

It didn't get great reviews.

However I enjoyed, it was funny and action packed.

Not a serious movie, but something that is just fun to watch.

Guest ChantalSummers

Not really but I have had the pleasure of making a couple lately ;)... Lets juat say the theme can be related to one of my albums on here mmmm yummm...

Recently watched the Antics Roadshow (documentary)....hilarious and thought provoking. If you enjoyed the Yes Men, you will dig this....

• Like 1

Watched Skyfall recently, as well as the documentary about the Bond movies, Everything or Nothing 007

All of the Bonds except Connery took part in the film, fwiw. Even George Lazenby who no one remembers lol

• Like 1

I just saw a documentary called "One Life" narrated by Daniel Craig.

It has amazing filming of all sort of animals in the world and their strange abilities to survive. I was totally fascinated by this film. To know that animals are actually smarter and can use tools and work as teams to survive.

I just saw a foreign film called "The GrandMaster". It had subtitles.

I thought it was very good. It's a love story with martial arts in it.

It's a docu-drama about the life of IP Man, the master of Wing Chung Kung fu,

the teacher of Bruce Lee. It was beautiful filmed and had great action scenes.

It has good reviews. But you need to enjoy martial to enjoy this movie.

• Like 1

Argo. I was way too young when this was actually happening but as far as historical accounts (OMG can't believe that "historical" can be something in my lifetime lol) it was very interesting and has sent me on a google frenzy!

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. I'll never be able to see Ving Rhames the same way again lol

• Like 1

Just came back from the move "Prision". It is a very long movie, but suspenseful.

Lot of twist and turns. A lot of violence. It's a movie about how far a man will go to save his kid. It's unpredictable.

I really enjoyed it.

The Hobbit

I don't remember hearing it was a 3 part movie. How does a single book get turned into a 3 part movie, while a 3 part book also gets turned into a 3 part movie makes sense lol.

I like the LOR movies, because they are well played, great scenary, and characters etc, but I don't like prequels because we always know how the story ends. Still fun.

Also fun to see a few familiar actors as dwarves. Fili is on a NZ series called Almight Johnsons that I've been watching into the end of the 3rd season, and Kili is from the better version of Being Human (the UK one, not the Canadian one), which was great.

Knowing AJ is filmed in NZ and so is the Hobbit, i was specifically looking for Hobbits that also were in the NZ show, but so far only found the one :)

Just watched Wreck It Ralph. It's so good! Gamers will love it and even if you're not, the story is really cute.

Just saw the movie Parker, an action movie with Jason Stratum.

It was pretty good. Lot's of action and plot twists.

Just saw the movie Parental Guidance with Billy Crystal and Bette Midler, with some friends. about Grand parents looking after their grandchildren after not having seeing them for a long time in the modern world. It was extremely funny :)

I love comedies!

"We're the Millers" is hilarious

Link: http://www.movie4k.to/We-re-The-Millers-watch-movie-3903973.html

"This is the End" is so funny with all my favorite comedy actors.

Link: http://www.movie4k.to/This-Is-the-End-watch-movie-4049881.html

I saw Pacific Rim in IMAX 3D. Well worth it for the effects and one of the best movies I've seen, really enjoyed the story line as well.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a link to share.

• Like 2

More of a mini-series than a movie but just got through watching "Jekyll" for the umpteenth time. Sort of a modern day sequel to the original classic story.

Brilliant writing and so much wonderfully dry British humor. And the acting is just freaking awe inspiring! The lead actor, James Nesbitt, somehow manages to make Jekyll and Hyde virtually indistinguishable from one another with the use of virtually no special make-up effects. You can't go wrong with this mini-series. It's just a shame more people don't know about it. I'm still hoping in vain for a sequel. Here's a taste. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gzsCEQYHAIA

jekyll_bbc_dvd.jpg

• Like 1