Does your pet drive you nuts?

My orange tabby just knows how to piss me off. He is one persistent bugger when he wants something. And his meow will make anyone want to start drinking...and he is always guarding the bedroom door when I'm in it. And he bites me all the time! Ankles and knees are his fav.

The Buddarator is at it again. This time, I decided to make angel food cupcakes to eat with whipped cream and all the lovely berries we got at Cannemore this year. This was a hard decision for me because I seem to have some mental issue with recipes that call for separating and only using part of an egg. But my husband assured me that if I freeze the yolks, he will find a use for them.

So I separated six eggs yesterday and put the whites aside on the counter to come to room temperature. I had them in a bowl, way back on the counter on top of the toaster oven, covered with a plate. I turned my back for two seconds, and I heard the clang of the plate hitting the floor, and the sounds of Buddy vacuuming up my egg whites. Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

I've never met a dog that's so crazy about food. And the farts this results in!

My orange tabby brought back a rabbit in his mouth this morning...except he was still alive! This is the second time he's done this... I yelled at him to drop it and the rabbit hopped away. My cat has an interesting personality to say the least.

My orange tabby brought back a rabbit in his mouth this morning...except he was still alive! This is the second time he's done this... I yelled at him to drop it and the rabbit hopped away. My cat has an interesting personality to say the least.

Well maybe your cat was confused, he probably heard you having so much fun with your rabbit vibrator that he though he would give you a live one!

Additional Comments:

The other day I was expecting company when I notice my dog had something in his mouth. Well thank god I saw it before the company, the shit had my prostate massager in his mouth walking around like he found a bone.

• Like 1

I'm currently using a friend's place in the west end and they have a siamese cat there and he is kind of weird. I always shut the bedroom door when a client is there and he doesn't bother me but he has this thing about sitting on my things and then swatting me. When I try to pet him, he always pulls out his paw.

Last week after a client left, I had set my cell phone and cash down on a bench. He sat on both things and when I went to move them away, he swatted me and then violently hissed at me. I was like wtf? However, he is declawed but he just freaked on me. Yesterday he bit me. lol.

Not a fan of siamese cats. I once went out with a guy who had one and trying to sleep at his place was a God damn nightmare. The cat would go to sleep on both of our pillows and having sex was always interrupted because she would be meowing at the door. There seemed to be a competition going on for his affection and she did not like how I kind of moved in on her turf. You couldn't pet her without her freaking out which is like the cat at my incall.

So, I have a kitten, she is a year old now. Very long haired and extra toes. Quite a beautiful cat, but still learning the ropes of this heat wave we are having.

The other cats all sleep during the hot days, and are active at night when it cools down. Not this one - she is crazy for going out and exploring. She finally caught her first bird, and was really happy about that, so she is always on the hunt for more.

So, she finally learned to jump in the big window like one of the other cats does, but she comes in at a crazy angle and scares the shit out of me when she does this, because she doesn't actually land on the window ledge, she lands on the couch. She flings herself at least 8 feet to jump in from the deck.

Panting, and obviously overheated, she won't drink. I bring her to the water bowl, and she walks away. I feel like putting her in the sink with cold water to cool her down. Can't do that to her though.

It should be interesting when winter comes though, cause she never went out last winter, so doesn't even know what snow is. We shall see which she hates worse - heat or cold.

My baby boy beagle is getting older and he occasionally has bad days with arthritis. He's a retired hunting beagle and is a bit of a legend around these parts. Everybody says that, in his day, he could run like the wind. But the years of limited exercise all year round, followed by a few days a year of balls out running, coupled with sleeping in the kennels year round, when it was hot, wet or -30, have left him with some problems. This week, he's having a bad week. And I'm having to carry him up and down the stairs to go outside.

So last night, I'm here on my own, with him, the two labs and the ugly pugly, and he's got to go out. We have our family room and bedroom combined into one on the second floor. I grab him up, and he's pretty tender, so I'm trying to be careful. I get to the top of the stairs and tell the other dogs to go down. Nope. They're not going down until they see me start to go down. Then it's like The Three Stooges, with everyone trying to go at once. I nearly got knocked off my feet. I had to let go of the dog in my arms with one hand to grab the railing, which meant I had to squeeze him tighter with the other, which set him screaming. I wrenched my back in the process. I get him downstairs and put him out, my back killing me. He runs right out to the bottom of the yard and loses himself amongst the tomato containers, where we play hide and seek for ten minutes, treating the mosquitoes to a feast. And then I have to carry him back up.

Still, he's got me worried. Usually he has a bad day or two and snaps out of it. He's been having problems since Tuesday, though. All you can do is love them while you can!

• Like 3

My baby boy beagle is getting older and he occasionally has bad days with arthritis...

Still, he's got me worried. Usually he has a bad day or two and snaps out of it. He's been having problems since Tuesday, though. All you can do is love them while you can!

There is a special heaven reserved for those who care for elderly pets.

To quote Will Rogers "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went".

• Like 2

My little guy has learned the art of foreplay. Its so funny, my male dog will go to my other 2 females and start licking their ears and then he starts sucking on them and he will do this for a good 10-15 minutes. Then he get all excited and tries to mount them lol!

So today after work I was tired and lying on the couch trying to take a nap, when of course my little guy stick his noise in my face and start licking where he ends up licking my ear and then he started sucking on it. Well that's it I'm stopping him right there.

• Like 2

YES!! Ever since her surgery and recovery, which I feel she completed late November-early December, my little min pin has been a pain. The love of my life but she has become the biggest sook, and even more woosy like than she was before. Yes she went through a lot, herniated disc surgery in her neck. She had one disc removed and two fenerated, but I did too. Mommy needs a break! It becomes overwhelming when your dog has to be constantly with you, on, or near you. Lol, sadly I know I helped create this as I hate to leave her alone and never will, especially when I travel. Those little doggy eyes certainly can be controlling.

Full bowl of water-check

Little bowl full of milk-check

Clean toilet to drink from-check

But nope-he only drinks water via the bath tap-at a very precise flow.

Luckily he is super cute and always has a wet nose! xoxoxo

• Like 1

My cat gets on the kitchen table when he wants to go out and is very persistent. And he knows I can't stand it when he does it. Below is one of the times he wanted out. He's my gorgeous little man. :)

cat111111111.jpg

My cat gets on the kitchen table when he wants to go out and is very persistent. And he knows I can't stand it when he does it. Below is one of the times he wanted out. He's my gorgeous little man. :)

cat111111111.jpg

Animals, especially our pets, are very wise, perceptive, intuitive and creative. They know which of our buttons to press and press them to get what they want when they want it, lol. He is very handsome btw:)

• Like 1

My deaf cat is always clingy to me, but I love him to death.

He is such a sweet and extremely affectionate pet to me.

He is actually sleeping on my laps while I am typing here. I hope he will not give my legs sleep. LOL :)

• Like 2

Guest P*rry

I feel blessed to have my 10 year old dog.

Each morning I hear the clack clack of her nails hitting the floor as she moves towards my bed to wake me at 6:30 on the nose. I love the sound. Sometimes I pretend to be sleeping just to get her to nudge me gently on the neck to get up. Once I move her tail starts to wag. Wakening up like this is such a wonderful way to start the day.

Edited by P*rry

Animals, especially our pets, are very wise, perceptive, intuitive and creative. They know which of our buttons to press and press them to get what they want when they want it, lol. He is very handsome btw:)

Initially, he stands on his back legs if I'm sitting at the table and he taps me on my arm or back with his paw. If i don't respond, onto the table he goes! lol.

He's been a shit disturber since day one..he drove my older cat who passed on a few years ago absolutely nuts! The word "indifferent" would describe these two when it came to how they felt about one another! lol. As soon as he died, big orange took over as the alpha male sidestepping my other 17 year old cat who is too weak to fight for dominance esp when he bites him for no reason.

cats_03.jpg?noCache=1389220208

• Like 1

One of the twins has developed anal issues. I've had his anal glands drained twice in two weeks and he's had a shot of steroids to help with the itching. Every time the poor little bugger goes out he has to scoot around on the carpet as soon as he gets back inside.

Normally, I'd sympathize, but now he's corkscrewing his A-hole on any surface he can, including my pillow this morning! :icon_rolleyes: Not my pillow!! I suspect he likes the feeling because when he's done he springs up and races around in a tight circle, grinning and wagging his stump of a tail.

My pet isn't quite sure now if the place where her food has always been, in the dish it has always been in, is a safe place for her to go and eat it. She'll skirt around it, look at it all the while checking out her surroundings, and from time to time take off like someone bit her, (nothing is there).

So now I pick up her dish and put it on the chair beside me, or up on a small table i have, and voila, she swoops all over it, like, hey, i didn't know you had food here for me!!

The other thing she sometimes is swoop around the balcony door like she really wants to go out (yes it is cold to open that up), and then when the door is open, she's no where to be found.

It is actually hard to train a pigeon :)

• Like 2

One of the twins has developed anal issues. I've had his anal glands drained twice in two weeks and he's had a shot of steroids to help with the itching. Every time the poor little bugger goes out he has to scoot around on the carpet as soon as he gets back inside.

Normally, I'd sympathize, but now he's corkscrewing his A-hole on any surface he can, including my pillow this morning! :icon_rolleyes: Not my pillow!! I suspect he likes the feeling because when he's done he springs up and races around in a tight circle, grinning and wagging his stump of a tail.

I've had 3 dogs, all small breeds and the smaller breeds tend to have anal gland issues. This should be taken seriously , in some cases, especially with those with glands that have to be drained often, these glands may need surgery. When they become full they become very uncomfortable for the animal and can cause it to be very difficult to have bowel movements and if not properly cared for can burst, causing even more serious problems. Chances are if your pets have filled up this quickly and he is still scooting or rubbing his anus he's trying to empty them. Animals will ,scoot, rub, lick, continuously until they are emptied. Please have this looked at as steroids are never the best option and with continued use can lead to other problems. Sometimes for a couple of days after being emptied the glands can be itchy for them, but longer than that they've probably filled again. Some feel different foods can help, or even be the cause, but that's controversial. I am just offering this advise from my own experiences with this problem, your vets advise is always the best, good luck. I hate to think of any animal suffering any discomfort.

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

Can't say he drives me nuts but my dog, a shepherd/husky mix lays at the front door and stays there until I return. When I get home he sprints back and forth from kitchen to front door until my shoes and coat are put away and then he is glued to my hip for 10-15 minutes.

His bed is beside mine and, at night, when I lay in bed, he puts his chin on my stomach as if to say good night. He only lays to sleep after I have massaged his shoulders and behind his ears.

He loves his old man.

Guest P*rry

... to add to Christycurves comments, another issue is the dog's discomfort with a full anal gland may make your dog nervous to be around other dogs. That may make the other dogs aggressive towards your pet.

cat111111111.jpg

He is gorgeous! And he knows it.

Mine like to get on the table while I'm trying to eat. Difference between a dog and a cat: A dog owns anything that falls on the floor, but you can eventually teach him not to steal off your plate. Apparently you cannot train a cat to not dive bomb your plate while you're eating, but if something falls on the floor, they'll walk a wide berth around it.

I'm sitting here with a goose egg on my cheek. While trying to give all the dogs a lick of a juicy plate earlier, my 16-month-old boxador whacked me in the face with his head. It hurts but hasn't gone technicolour yet. It will tomorrow probably, but only if I have an appointment.

• Like 1

Scooter Update

Never fear, my wee pup already has his third vet appointment in three weeks booked. We examined him tonight and his glands have begun to swell so its back to the vet for us.

As an aside, I appreciate the advice. The story was meant as a humorous anecdote and not as an attempt to trivialize an animal's discomfort. I've had this rare breed of dog for thirty years. We cherish these companions and will do everything we can for their health and comfort.

• Like 1

Can't say he drives me nuts but my dog, a shepherd/husky mix lays at the front door and stays there until I return. When I get home he sprints back and forth from kitchen to front door until my shoes and coat are put away and then he is glued to my hip for 10-15 minutes.

His bed is beside mine and, at night, when I lay in bed, he puts his chin on my stomach as if to say good night. He only lays to sleep after I have massaged his shoulders and behind his ears.

He loves his old man.

Oooh jeez, you are absolutely right - he loves his ol' man!!

You are so fortunate to have such a loyal companion. What a wonderful experience.

Update on my doggy:

He is now using diapers. He feels more secure around the house. Without diaper, if he had an accident, he used to feel really bad. Now, he can comfortably do his thing & I can feel good about the carpets. We can enjoy each others company again.

He still likes to occupy the sofa.

He still likes to growl when you lift him up

...but he does it with a smile.

Give it up for Wesley!!

He's my guy!

• Like 1