Ott. Sept. Social !! Mark your calendar!

Have you guys ever considered holding the Ottawa Social in Kingston? Ya know, mix it up a little? Just a thought........no need to reject it right away.

No we have not considered it because this is the first time we are organising the social. Their didn't seem to be anything rolling about the next one so we decided we would organize it. We are doing this on a volunteer and free basis. None of us will be taking money from the door fee to pay for our time and gas to get this on the go. As simple as it may seems, it still involve finding and checking out the venue. Checking on the food and so on. Something that requires going to the location.

However there is no ownership on organizing a social. The East Coast will be having their second one soon and did not require our assistance to organize it.

Therefore if you feel a social should be held in Kingston, feel free to get the ball rolling. We will gladly share lessons learned with you in order to help. Good place to start, if you want Ottawa people to participate, is do a survey to see how many want to drive all the way to Kingston for an "OT social".

If the date works I would be interested in attending.

Gents, its official! If you wish to secure your spot for the social, you can now do so, either in person (more often than not i'm in or around downtown) or by e-mail money transfer. Please send me a PM to get the ball rolling. First come forst served!!!

As we are starting this early, and as mentioned previously for discretion purposes, the location will be sent within the week before the social.

Ladies, thank you to those who responded publicly or privately that they would attend! There are, of course, spots still available.

As always, if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact myself, loneskater or spud271.

Cheers!!'

Just a reminder to all, make sure to get in touch with Loneskater, Mistert or myself so you can secure your spot for the fall social. We have gotten an excellent response thus far and are looking forward to hearing from more of you.

Again, more details will follow for those who have confirmed and have paid. Discretion is a must to protect both the ladies and gentlemen attending. So once you know the location we ask that you do not reveal it to anyone else.

We look forward to talking to everyone over the next few weeks, September 19th will be here sooner than we think!!! :D

• Like 2

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I would welcome the opportunity to attend. Please count me in. Thanks!

Edited by Ot**w***og****n

count me in as well. these events are always a great chance to meet some of the fine ladies (and gents), and have a few drinks along with it!!!

misterT... I will be getting in contact with you soon to reserve my spot!!

cant wait

• Like 3

As we will be getting closer to the Social, your organizing committee will be getting some door prizes, as . As we typically have some specifically for the gents, we want to make sure that we have some as well for the ladies (we are aiming for an equal amount of prizes for both the gents and ladies).

This event is, after all, organized BY and FOR the membership.

As such, ladies, we are seeking your input on what would make appropriate door prizes. We have, or course, some ideas, and i have received some ideas on the topic, but the more input we have the better.

We are keeping in mind that discretion is always essential especially during those events, and we want to make sure that the ladies' door prizes are something that would be appropriate and useful for you.

Feel free to PM me directly on the topic, as your ideas are welcomed !!!

Guest Ot**w***og****n

Please delete me from the list as it looks like I will not be in town during much of mid-September. Best that the spot go to someone else. My apologies. Thanks.

I would welcome the opportunity to attend. Please count me in. Thanks!

I'll be there for sure!! :D

as far as door prizes for the ladies..

these have been some nice ones in the past:

gift cards for la Senza lingerie, LCBO etc...

i also think that even something as simple as a gift card for Shoppers drugmart...you can buy ANYTHING there and they have a great fragrance and cosmetics section. :)

• Like 5

Two days ago I decided I would be too freakin busy to go......yesterday I was well maybe I should go anyways cause I will need a stress relief getaway by then....today it was fuck this shit ! I am going to Otown baby !!!

Flights and hotel just booked and would like to attend if you still got room.

I promise I will ..........behave ;)

• Like 3

Two days ago I decided I would be too freakin busy to go......yesterday I was well maybe I should go anyways cause I will need a stress relief getaway by then....today it was fuck this shit ! I am going to Otown baby !!!

Awww I wish I could even consider going :( darn school!

Ps. I totally just read your entire post in the voice of Austin Powers ;) "Oh behave!"

• Like 4

Oh, we still have room, you are more than welcomed to attend!!

Shagadelic, baby!

• Like 1

Thanks for making the huge effort to make out this way for the social Lee!!! Going to be great to have you there sir!!!

• Like 1

Guest *l**e

I would like to attend as well. Let me know when/how to pay!!

thanks

Thanks to everyone that responded so far! Its great to have such amazing responses (and input of course) this early before the social !!!

We still have spots available for both ladies and gents, but don't wait!! For those who still want to provide ideas for the social, do not hesitate to do so.

And, of course, the Ottawa social wont be a social without a little bit of baking :-D, even if Lee revealed my baking secret :icon_razz: !

• Like 1

There are still spots available for the September 19th Social.

If you haven't reserved your spot already, please do so by August 30th. Remember, its on a first come, first served basis, so don't wait too long!! Payment can be made in person or by e-mail money transfer.

You can contact me, loneskater or spud271 to make arrangements.

Cant wait to meet old friends, and to make new acquaintances!!

Cheers!