Game of Thrones

Love the books and the show, but this "honest trailer" had me laughing out loud:

I have not yet had the pleasure of reading the books, but seeing as how I'm really digging the whole HBO version, I'm hoping to indulge in the books very soon.

I have not yet had the pleasure of reading the books, but seeing as how I'm really digging the whole HBO version, I'm hoping to indulge in the books very soon.

You will definitely enjoy them. I did so much I'm re-reading them and I rarely read a book twice. Can't wait for the next one to be completed. Also read the three short stories of Dunk and Egg which take place about 100 years or so before the Game of Thrones series.

While you are waiting for season 5 or book 6... a bit of interwebs humour for you.....

Honest Trailers - Game of Thrones (SPOILER ALERT!!!! Do not watch until you have watched season three completely!!!)

Bad Lip Reading - Game of Thrones

Bonus Bad Lip Reading - Game of Thrones extras

Gay of Thrones - A weekly recap by your fave hairdresser

This is not the first one... but it's a good one....

Just finished watching season 4, and started season 5. Loving it!

So having not read the books (I KNOW) and hearing all sorts of uproar over Sansa's storyline, how did it play out in the books since the show is taking a 90 degree turn?

So having not read the books (I KNOW) and hearing all sorts of uproar over Sansa's storyline, how did it play out in the books since the show is taking a 90 degree turn?

Spoilers for the books follow:

As I recall in the novels the last we heard of Sansa and Petyr is they are still holed up in the Eerie (the lords of the Vale are pretty much rebelling). The character who Ramsey is marring is someone that he and Roose Bolton *think* is Arya Stark, but is in fact one of Sansa's handmaids (a character not in the show at all).

Personally, I don't mind changes being made from the books. I understand that each medium is going to tell it's own story and can enjoy it for what each one offers. In fact, I find the show often does a better job of keeping up a good pace and making good use of the characters.

I think rape scenes *can* be gratuitous, but I thought they filmed that one well (with sensitivity if that makes sense) and it was in line with the context of the story. The review of the episode I quite liked is Alyssa Rosenberg's, which explains everything well in context to the novels can be found here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2015/05/17/game-of-thrones-season-5-episode-6-review-unbowed-unbent-unbroken/

Cheers.

• Like 2