I must I used to just pass over any Canadian tv shows. Being stuck at home the past couple of weeks has given me a lot of tv time. Some of the shows I've enjoyed a lot and think are well done are The republic of Doyle and reruns of Corner Gas. Are there any Canadian tv shows you'd recommend:)

My favorite is Canadian Pickers.

Not only am I a big fan of antiques but the personalities of Scott and Sheldon (the pickers) is fit for TV.

Somehow, I don't see myself doing TV... I don't feel charismatic in front of a camera.

• Like 3

There was a great crime drama a few years ago called Intelligene. It had a very intricate plot and involve a Vancouver drug famiy, CSIS, and the FBI, It was a shame to see it cancelled after two seasons.

• Like 1

There is a really good Network Show called Rookie Blue. Not too sure if any of the cast is canadian but the show is shot in Toronto and currently in its 4th season.

• Like 2

There used to be this travel show that was produced in Canada. I would watch it years before I immigrated here. That and Due South.

A lot of the programs on Discovery are Canadian produced. And from my understanding, same with a lot of the shows on HG TV.

But even though it's not TV, there are some absolutely amazing radio shows. Under the Influence, Vinyl Cafe, and the Debaters. Some of the finest examples of quality entertainment. And it's completely Canadian!

• Like 2

Liquidators - OLN Network. Show is based in Vancouver BC

I've been there many times as well. Sad to see Janet quit while on one of the episodes. Those tall statues were awesome, if you remember seeing the cowboy, Bruce Lee, etc.

I recommend Arctic Air, great views of the north (Yellowknife I think it is), awesome insight into that community and the northern way of life as well.

Rookie Blue and The Listener are based in Toronto, not Toronto pretending to be a US city.

Motive and Continuum make Vancouver a major part of their shows.

And of course, Real Housewives of Vancouver. :)

There are a lot of excellent Canadian based TV shows, I think.

• Like 1

I don't watch a lot of TV but have fond memories of The Littlest Hobo and The Forest Rangers.

J/K

Actually Republic of Doyle as mentioned is good but haven't watched all of them.

I find the CDN Pickers awful because of those 2 guys. Something about them I don't like but I do like the American version. Go figure.

SCTV was a classic and watch it when I see that it's on.

• Like 3

I don't watch a lot of TV but have fond memories of The Littlest Hobo and The Forest Rangers.

J/K

Actually Republic of Doyle as mentioned is good but haven't watched all of them.

I find the CDN Pickers awful because of those 2 guys. Something about them I don't like but I do like the American version. Go figure.

SCTV was a classic and watch it when I see that it's on.

The Forest Rangers, damn.. forgot all about them, and all the sterotypes were pretty funny.

But I can top that one, "Hawkeye, first of the long rifles, and his blood Brother Chingachook, the Last of the Mohicans" All filmed in Pickering Ontario.

J/K

No need to add the just kidding, The Littlest Hobo is awesome -- Lassie has nothing on that doggie! :) I've got the theme song stuck in my head just remembering!

...maybe tomorrow, I'll wanna settle down...

• Like 3

The Forest Rangers.

Forest Rangers! Hahaha! I remember that from after-school reruns.

I'm a fan of Murdoch Mysteries, which is cute for being a period piece but also isn't afraid to have fun with its own premise.

The Mayday air crash documentaries are really interesting, and made right here in Canada. The Nature of Things is still cool when I stumble across it.

I'll still watch reruns of DaVinci's Inquest whenever I find them. I was sad to see TVO's "Saturday Night at the Movies" end this year, though I understand why.

I have a completely unfair and irrational hatred of "Hard Rock Medical", purely because it was so pervasively hyped (as much as TVO can hype anything), so I've refused to watch a single episode... sort of the same thing that made me swear not to watch "Low Winter Sun" which was so desperate to win the Breaking Bad audience. :/

• Like 1

I don't watch tv anymore. But as a kid, my sisters and I really dug this show called 'Catwalk' about a C&C Music Factory type dance group trying to make it big in Toronto. It was totally awesome cheese.

• Like 1

I forgot one, I used to watch a few years back. Street Legal. Show about lawyers in a small law firm in Toronto. The one character, a Crown Attorney was sleazier than the criminals he prosecuted

RG

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

What? Canadian TV talk and no one brings up the Beachcombers?

As far as current shows I haven't had a TV connection in a few years but I used to love the cheesiness of Mantracker. The premise is great, two men on horseback have to find two fugitives on foot in the wilderness before they get to the final checkpoint. It's like finding a needle in a haystack...well, a needle with a camera crew in a haystack.

I don't watch a lot of tv, but I like the re-runs of corner gas, & I always watch hockey night in Canada once the hockey season starts, unless I am other wise occupied. ;)

P.S. I was beachcomber addict way back then. I had way more hair too! ;)

• Like 1

Guest h****sho***9

The listener would have to be #1 for me right now. It just finished its 3rd a season and I haven't missed an episode yet. Also the liquidator is quite entertaining as well. For sci fi continuum would be the show to watch. So it is possible that we can make some good shows after all.

I used to watch tv until I started hacking satellite tv and then the fun and forums beat out tv every time. However.....they've been mentioned, but bear repeating......Kids in the Hall and Corner Gas. I love dry and offbeat humor.

Kids in the Hall..holy fuck, I used to howl. Remember "I'm pinching your head" and the "sucking nipples" skits? Absolute classics.

Corner Gas.....omfg....... tv without laugh tracks is the best. Love this dry comedy!

• Like 1