I love to see re-runs of Kids in the Hall and Four on the Floor: The Frantics. Fun tv. Also Due South was amazing!!!

Four on the Floor - Mr. Canoehead ...classic stuff lol

• Like 2

I don't watch a lot of TV but have fond memories of The Littlest Hobo and The Forest Rangers.

J/K

Actually Republic of Doyle as mentioned is good but haven't watched all of them.

I find the CDN Pickers awful because of those 2 guys. Something about them I don't like but I do like the American version. Go figure.

SCTV was a classic and watch it when I see that it's on.

Yay!, someone else remembers the Forest Rangers. I've been trying to remember the name of that show.lol

I grew up across the lake from Kingston and watched a lot of CKWS when I was little. My other faves were FRIENDLY GIANT with Rusty in the book bag, and of course Hockey Night.lol

• Like 1

'Hatching, Matching & Dispatching' ala CBC vis-a-vie Mary Walsh

http://vimeo.com/61540441 (preview)

THE funniest thing ever I've seen on CBC b'y!

[100 yr old Mom dies with son at the funeral home...]

"I can't believe she's gone."

"Yup. Must of been a terrible shock to ya Frank?"

"T'was, t'was. Granted, she was 100. Still, never seen it coming."

"Good long life, though."

"Well, long anyway. She had a hard ol'go at it, our Mudder. She had the mumps all the way through the 1930's. Nobody knew b'y. Raised 14 youngsters all by herself, cause Daddy didn't feel like it."

"Oh, God love her b'y."

"Never once complained, even though she could of. She built dat house we lived in ya'know? Took her 9 years. We didn't even have a hammer for the 1st three years - banged-in da wooden pegs in with a rock."

"Yup, she was handy."

"Never let on to anyone she had de arthritis in both hands. Club foot. One leg longer than d'other. Migraines that would go on for months at a time. Spasms."

"Still, good long life."

"Hard ol'go for Mudder b'ys, hard ol'go."

[Funeral Directors musing...]

"They're after taken the 'fun' right out of funeral."

"Yes, and squeezing the last bit of 'good' out of Good bye."

[Lonely Wife reflecting...]

"I'm not afraid of death, really. I'm not looking forward to it or anything, but, I figure death is a lot like having sex - just lie there, completely still. Your brain is shut-off. Nothing new ever happens to you. Nothing is really expected of you. Just lie there, get rotted."

LMAO!

• Like 1

My favourite Canadian show of recent vintage had to be Being Erica. OK, it was a chick show but Erin Karpluk surely stirred my drink. In some alternate reality I'm positive we are passionate lovers. Oh, plus the writing was excellent and it was Canadian/Toronto-centric.

beingerica-cbc.jpg

• Like 2

Being from NL I would have to say Republic of Doyle, This Hour has 22 minutes and Rick Mercer.

If there us anything better than a Rick Mercer Rant on TV I have not seen it.

• Like 2

I used to watch:

• The Littlest Hobo
  • The Beachcombers
  • the Forest Rangers
  • Adderly
  • Neon Rider
  • Night Heat
  • Forever Night

• Like 2

Guest S*rca****sid

No one's mentioned Degrassi Junior High or Degrassi High yet. I used to watch the original series back in the day. I liked watching Kenny vs. Spenny.

The only modern Canadian show I watch is Dragon's Den.

Someone mentioned Durham County, but it was a mini series, so the whole thing wrapped up (bad guy found) in that 2 seasons. It was a good premise..

I really like the series that wrap up. I thought Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was doing that, but it has come back, so nope. :)

Continuum is back for season 3 this week, and Once Upon a Time (the original) as well. Trying to connect my mother to OUT since the Wicked Witch of OZ is on this season and Wizard of Oz is a big favourite of hers.

• Like 1

The Canadian shows I miss the most: (Computer & technology shows)

• Bits and Bytes (1983-1984)
  • Call for Help (1998-2007)
  • The Lab with Leo Laporte (2007-2008 )

• Like 1

Nice to see this thread pop up again. A few years ago, apart from perhaps one TV show, I thought anything Canadian produced was...lacking.

But I've started to see a lot of ambition and talent stay here instead of move south.

One show that I haven't started, but has received rave reviews is Orphan Black. It's in the scifi genre.

Another one that I really like is Continuum. Like OB, it's scifi. It's a little weak starting off, but it gets better as you go along. It's a really interesting twist on the whole good vs. evil story. I love what they've done, and I'm actually happy to be a fan of a Canadian show!

• Like 1