Impulsists and hobbyists

I noticed browsing the web the term impulsist the other day and wondered why its not used more. Hobbyist is always used but on that site they noted a difference between the two. The hobbyist was described as the gentleman who like to pre-plan his rendezvous, the impulsist was the type of gentleman who contacts a provider spur of the moment, when the mood hits. I liked the difference and just wondered why more don't use both terms. Both types are appreciated, needed, knowing the difference might be beneficial for some?:)

• Like 3

Interesting word (and slightly hard to say when a bit drunk)!

I exclusively plan my encounters but that is a necessity due to my circumstances. I think that occasionally I would like to be an implus . . .an impulsey . . . an impulsit . . . I would like to have an encounter on the spur of the moment.

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

I too like to be an impulsist but that only works to a certain degree with MP/SPs. I read all the details in the profile (website if applicable) and if it works, great, if not, no hard feelings. Enjoy your day everyone.

Well I learned something new today! I can say I'm both, I like to plan a rendezvous but sometimes I may have a bad day and just need a cheering up! Not to mention when I plan ahead I make sure to make it especially after building up so much anticipation.

• Like 1

Yeah I guess I can be classified under the impulsist. I rarely plan out a rendezvous with someone, I call and if you not available, no worries, better luck next time. My work/life doesn't really allow me to planout to far in advance for anything really

Nice word find, I like it

• Like 1

I'm definitely more of a planner.

I enjoy having a few days of rising anticipation. It's nearly impossible to have a bad day or get stressed out by work if all you have to do is think ahead to an expected encounter. The daydreaming is half the fun! Well no...not half...maybe a tenth...well, a percent anyway...okay, the point is it is also fun!

The other thing though is that I like to have at least a day to snag a haircut and shave, attend to any necessary manscaping, make sure I haven't forgotten laundry day and so on.

• Like 2

Impossible for me to be an impulsists, since I live in small town Ontario and the ladies are in bigger cities. I just can't spur of the moment pick up and take a two and half to four hour drive to have an encounter

But I like planning an encounter. Contacting the lady, finding a date that works for both of us, reserving a hotel, setting up all the arrangements, all the things that are part of looking forward to seeing a lady. And the conclusion of all this advanced planning and waiting, an a escape with a lady. An escape which helps brighten my life

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

I think there's a lot of overlap, and people can be both types at different times.

I know I've done both -- arranged some visits weeks in advance (when I'm travelling or the SP is touring) and run up to impulsively schedule others within a couple of hours.

The only reliable difference is that the well-in-advance appointments are always longer and lingering, with lots of chatting and savouring the time together. The shorter-term appointments have chatting and fun too, but tend to be shorter and more about tending to a particular desire that's struck me.

• Like 1

I noticed browsing the web the term impulsist the other day and wondered why its not used more. Hobbyist is always used but on that site they noted a difference between the two. The hobbyist was described as the gentleman who like to pre-plan his rendezvous, the impulsist was the type of gentleman who contacts a provider spur of the moment, when the mood hits. I liked the difference and just wondered why more don't use both terms. Both types are appreciated, needed, knowing the difference might be beneficial for some?:)

I think hobbyist is a general term appropiate for this industry or hobby. An Impulsist ( a new term to me) will be the opposite of a Planner. I am more of the latter, ie., I like to plan ahead for the date and time of the encounter, since I prefer to take the time to do all the preparatory work such as having my hair cut, nails clipped, filed and smoothed out, shaved and manscaped leaving no nook or cranny unturned. :icon_wink:

That being said, I had had two occasions in which I could be called an impulsist; that was when the ladies had to cancel at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances and I had to scramble to find a replacement.

• Like 1

It can be hard to tell the difference, though.

I generally plan things ahead, but quite often that planning is something like, "OK, I'll take off from work and see X for an hour if I can." Under those circumstances, I'll never book in advance (because the risk of cancellation is too high to justify messing anyone else around), and I accept that when I call and ask, "Is X available in half an hour's time?", I may well not get the answer I'm looking for.

If I'm going to see someone in the evening or during the weekend, I'll generally plan in advance, because it's easier when work is less likely to get in the way (or can more legitimately be told to take a back seat for a bit).

• Like 2

I usually plan ahead when going out of town, but can be quite impulsive when someone new travels thru town and their ad or look catches my eye !

• Like 1

I am more of a hobbyist. When a particular lady catches my eye I'll read her profile and webpage to learn more before contacting her with a list of potential dates and times inquiring about her availability. I like to plan a date and time that I am able to see a lady or two for an encounter as I sometimes don't know my work schedule. Sometimes its a week or a month in advance. This way if I have an encounter booked I can say to my employer that I am not available to work. Also when the encounter is booked in advance there is the rising anticipation leading up to the rendezvous.

I used to be an impulsist and found that the encounters I had were not as enjoyable for me. I found I didn't have enough time to connect with the lady. I've been an impulsist a few times since but that has been due to rescheduling or when I notice a lady I've seen before will be back in town.

Happy Hobbying

• Like 1

I guess you could say that I am both. I think the impulsive side helps keep spontaneity alive, but I'm also a big fan of preplanning which is awesome because of the anticipation that is building up.

• Like 1