Wake up call

Guest c**io**m7

Wow, it's amazing how fast shit happens. The doctor just left the room following the lengthy lecture on lifestyle changes...how I should quit smoking, eat healthier etc...etc...

Had a little pain earlier today that became gradually worse, next thing I know, I got tubes and shit and am being told I had a mild heart attack...time to rest a bit I think, maybe give up the butts once and for all and be a little healthier. On the bright side, it looks like I do get to take some time off over Christmas after all!!

Stay healthy my friends!!

Guest c**io**m7
Wow! Glad you got help before it became really serious. Take care of yourself and follow the doc's orders.

Thanks Woody! Now, if only I can get the nurses to stop telling me I am not supposed to have my phone on...lol

Fuck! I need something to kill the boredom.

Good that you went and had things checked out.....some stubbornly don't and the consequences can be dire. Follow the good Dr.'s advice and all will be good. Hopefully you get phone access soon....need to be able to access CERB for a welcome distraction! All the best.

• Like 1

Yeah, strangely enough I had two colleagues die of heart attacks this year alone -- one while away on a business trip, and one while getting ready to come into work in the morning for a meeting.

Both times, in addition to being sad 'n stuff, I thought: wow, their jobs had 'em right to their very last minute. Saddest thing ever. I promised myself I wouldn't go the same way.

I'm glad your body gave you a stern warning instead of a final verdict, Curious! Here's to a better 2014 and beyond, and getting the most out of a long life ahead of you.

• Like 1

glad to hear you are ok. Take care of yourself. Hope you are out of hospital soon.

Porthos

It's great to have an opportunity to redo and re assess . A few small life style changes can and will add up to big health paybacks .

There are lots of people around both friends and qualified professionals to assist and get you going .

Here is to the healthiest year of your life !!

• Like 1

The good news? It looks like you got your wake up call. The bad news? Quitting the butts is tough to do. The great news? Once you quit you can fill the void with CERB ladies and before you know it, you'll have the endurance of a teenager again.

Glad to hear you're getting help and rest. Take the time to get better.

Glad to hear you're OK.

Whenever you're tempted to light up a cigarette, just aks yourself is there is anything more fun out there you could possibly be saving that money towards. Not all butts are bad for your health! ;)

• Like 2

Guest c**io**m7

Just got told I might be discharged tonight...it's up to the doc who comes at 4. Worst case I go home tomorrow. Woohoo!!

Guest c**io**m7

Thanks everyone for well wishes...a special thank you to Midnite for keeping me sane...you are a miracle worker.

My fave SP got me two books that you should read, NOW: "Wheat Belly" and "Younger Next Year".

Good luck in your recovery. I had a big scare too and turned over a new leaf. Consider your wake up call a GOOD thing.

Just got told I might be discharged tonight...it's up to the doc who comes at 4. Worst case I go home tomorrow. Woohoo!!

Happy to hear you'll be going home and ready to take on 2014 and many more through different eyes.

Big Hugs,

Lexy