No matter what we do and how good our intentions are, there are many times that we can't win.

You hold the door for a lady, you are taking away her independence

You don't hold the door, you are a cad.

You say "good morning" to a lady as you pass her, you are coming on to her.

You say nothing, you have no manners.

Your SO has a heated argument on the phone with her mother, slams the phone down and begins to complain about her to you --

You say something benign like "You know how she is" and you are attacking her mother.

You try and take the safe way out and say nothing, you aren't listening.

Can you think of any more

• Like 1

Guest B**na***oy

You give your seat to a pregnant woman on the bus and feel good about yourself. Only to realize that she's not pregnant and you get off the bus in total embarrassment.

Sadly, this is a true story so now I carry a pregnancy kit with me and if a woman wants my seat, she needs to pee on the stick. ;-). (That part is not true, just my wild imagination.) ;-)

Guest *l**e

"pee on the stick"...hilarious...

"Welcome to Golden Shower Bus Lines"!! lmao

No win situations? Sounds like my love life over the past 10 years.

10 -10 10 ..I have 10 from HJack

15 -15 -15..

15 years from 6dave9... thank-you

20 -20 -20...

do I have 20.. anyone?

;-)

You give your seat to a pregnant woman on the bus and feel good about yourself. Only to realize that she's not pregnant and you get off the bus in total embarrassment.

Sadly, this is a true story so now I carry a pregnancy kit with me and if a woman wants my seat, she needs to pee on the stick. ;-). (That part is not true, just my wild imagination.) ;-)

As long as you dont mention anything about pregnancy when you give up your seat you should be ok lol.

I was on a crowded bus one time, standing in front of the young, healthy types in the front seats reserved for those who can't stand etc, holding on with my one good arm, because the other was in a cast. They got the evil eye, for sure. But they did not get up to offer their seat.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

A few years back when I first started dating my ex I opened the car door for her and then closed it after she got in. Her response was I can open my own damn door! Damned if I do and damned if I don't! Now I don't open the door anymore and I sometimes get a dirty look from other ladies if I don't open the door anymore.

A few years back when I first started dating my ex I opened the car door for her and then closed it after she got in. Her response was I can open my own damn door! Damned if I do and damned if I don't! Now I don't open the door anymore and I sometimes get a dirty look from other ladies if I don't open the door anymore.

Not all men are gentlemen, and not all women are ladies. I don't think such response to your chivalry would come from a lady's mouth.

I think you always win at being a gentleman, and it's their own lost if they don't appreciate perfect manners.

• Like 3

I hold doors all the time for ladies. I've never once been chastized for it. Having said that, i also have no objections when they hold the door for me.

Porthos

• Like 4

Guest N***he**Ont**y
Not all men are gentlemen, and not all women are ladies. I don't think such response to your chivalry would come from a lady's mouth.

I think you always win at being a gentleman, and it's their own lost if they don't appreciate perfect manners.

She was very opinionated on this topic as she saw herself as being a progressive.

I had a history professor in university who was a die hard feminist. One day after class had to go with her back to her office, can't remember why, likely going over outline for a paper. Anyhow walking to her office, she was carrying a bunch of books, a briefcase and her purse. I offered to help carry something for her but she declined. Then we came to a door and she rushed ahead just so I couldn't hold it for her. Second door and any doors from then on I rushed ahead just so I could hold it.

Even when we got to her office, she wouldn't hand the books and briefcase to me while fumbling for her keys to unlock the door

She just was adamant that women are equal to men and didn't need their help. Me, I saw someone with their hands full and offered to help

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

I was being interviewed for a job by two women and a man. While sitting in the board room with the male interviewer, waiting for the ladies to arrive, he mentioned to me that they were both expecting.

Looking for any advantage, I planned out my thank you to ensure I congratulated them both. They arrive and, well, they both looked ready to give birth any day.

Interview went fantastic, it was obvious I impressed all three. I shake all of their hands, thank them for taking the time out of their day to speak with me and give a heartfelt congratulations to both ladies on their pregnancies.

I found out 3 days later that only 1 was pregnant...I didn't get the job.

Guest B**na***oy

Interview went fantastic, it was obvious I impressed all three. I shake all of their hands, thank them for taking the time out of their day to speak with me and give a heartfelt congratulations to both ladies on their pregnancies.

I found out 3 days later that only 1 was pregnant...I didn't get the job.

LOL, I'm telling you, carry your pregnancy test with you all the time, in the bus, at the office, you never know when you're going to need it. ;-)

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

There's no answer to that one. Not giving an answer is just as bad.

I think the government should do something constructive for a change and make this question illegal :)

I think the government should do something constructive for a change and make this question illegal :)

I remember talking about this and you are totally correct , there is no good answer. Except of course the truth. ....

We must all look within ourselves. :biggrin:

Guest P*rry

My SO made shrimp cakes the other night. Of course she had to ask if I liked them. I didn't. I decided to hedge my bets by saying that I prefer her crab cakes. The temperature in the room plummeted with the icy glare she gave me.

RG

• Like 1

I'm an equal opportunity door-opener. I couldn't care less if it's a guy or a girl. That door will stay open until you pass it.

But I'm always first in an elevator if I'm with a girl. As a kid, I was taught that the gentlemanly thing to do is get in, keep the door open for her. Upon reaching the desired floor, let her leave first while keeping it open.

On the elevator front, I just do it for the ladies.