images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6DM7aTC2IayFFOE2RMmlP9FGmTVshk3mezxMrXNloqoFmGfBCiw

For some reason I'm going through a bread phase. I can't get enough, love it. My favorite is a brioche. Some call this a sweet bread, some a pastry, some a bread. it's great with a cup of tea. Then there is a crusty baguette dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, this right now might be comparable to an orgasm;) Or hot fresh brown bread laden with butter. Yum. Any other bread lovers out there:)

• Like 1

I am with you on this Cristy... I mean who does not like a Warm Roll in bed or out of bed I am game.

All kidding aside I also love fresh baked bread...and I certainly have the waist measurement to prove it.

• Like 1

You are killing me, my weakness... Okay, just one of my weaknesses, but warm bread and butter, love it. But not my waist line.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

pic564STI.jpg

Traditional Finnish Coffee Bread called Poula. Served @ breakfast or coffee time which is a part of Finnish culture.

Guest c**io**m7

Bread is certainly one of my weaknesses. A favorite meal is a selection of cheeses, meats, pates, smoked salmon, red wine and...of course...fresh baked baguette or parisen.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

You cant go wrong with hot baked bread ,some cheese and your favorite beer.

I'm a big fan of fresh baked bread. Picked up a French loaf from the grocery store one day that was still warm. pretty awesome.

I got a bread machine for Xmas, awesome.

• Like 1

Christy, if you haven't already tried the sourdough from the Italian Market on Young Street, I would highly recommend! They have some of the best bread in the city!

• Like 1

Christy, if you haven't already tried the sourdough from the Italian Market on Young Street, I would highly recommend! They have some of the best bread in the city!

Thank you! I've never gone, always wondered about that place:) good to know:)

Does sweet bread count? Because I am not really a big fan of the other kinds but sweet bread is yummy, like this ...

banana-bread-oh-1732689-x.jpg

Oh my yes!! I love banana bread, want to see a loaf disappear? Put it in front of me:) Forgot about that one, thanks Isabella, now I want some!

Bread is one of my big weakness. I love all types of bread except egg bread - I just can't get past the sickly yellow look.

My big love is Irish Soda bread. Harvest Loaf bakery on Wellington made it around St. Patrick's Day but unfortunately they have closed. If anyone else knows another bakery that makes soda bread I would really appreciate it - a nice slice with butter goes so well with my Irish Stew.

Bread is one of my big weakness. I love all types of bread except egg bread - I just can't get past the sickly yellow look.

My big love is Irish Soda bread. Harvest Loaf bakery on Wellington made it around St. Patrick's Day but unfortunately they have closed. If anyone else knows another bakery that makes soda bread I would really appreciate it - a nice slice with butter goes so well with my Irish Stew.

Here's two easy recipes you can make at home:

Irish Soda Bread

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon vinagar (or replace milk and vinegar with Buttermilk)

2 cup flour

half teaspoon salt

half teaspoon baking soda

-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a cup or small bowl, stir together the milk and vinegar. Let stand 10 minutes, or until curdled.

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking soda.

-Stir in the curdled milk mixture until smooth. Scrape the dough out of the bowl onto a floured surface, and shape into a disc. Place the disc into a cast iron skillet.

-Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust feels firm to the touch.

OR

Irish Brown Bread

Ingredients1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour

1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour

1/2 cup (125 mL) rolled oats, (not instant)

1/4 cup (60 mL) wheat germ

1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking soda

1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) caraway seeds

1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt

1/2 cup (125 mL) cold butter, cubed

1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk

2 tbsp (30 mL) cooking or fancy molasses

Grease 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan; set aside.

In large bowl, whisk together all-purpose and whole wheat flours, oats, wheat germ, baking soda, caraway seeds and salt. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until in fine crumbs. In separate bowl, whisk buttermilk with molasses; stir into flour mixture to make soft dough.

Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead lightly about 10 times. Shape into 8-inch (20 cm) long oval; dust top with flour. With serrated knife, cut shallow slash lengthwise down centre; transfer to prepared pan.

Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven until loaf sounds hollow when tapped on bottom, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely before slicing. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I have a Black and Decker bread maker and love making corn bread with it

Here is a receipe for Finnish Pulla Bread

Finnish Pulla Bread Recipe

Original recipe makes 3 loaves Servings

2 cups milk

1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast

1 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cardamom

4 eggs, beaten

9 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons white sugar

Directions

Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Let cool until lukewarm.

Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Stir in the lukewarm milk, sugar, salt, cardamom, 4 eggs, and enough flour to make a batter (approximately 2 cups). Beat until the dough is smooth and elastic. Add about 3 cups of the flour and beat well; the dough should be smooth and glossy in appearance. Add the melted butter or margarine, and stir well. Beat again until the dough looks glossy. Stir in the remaining flour until the dough is stiff.

Turn out of bowl onto a floured surface, cover with an inverted mixing bowl, and let rest for 15 minutes. Knead the dough until smooth and satiny. Place in a lightly greased mixing bowl, and turn the dough to grease the top. Cover with a clean dishtowel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Punch down, and let rise again until almost doubled.

Turn out again on to a floured surface, and divide into 3 parts. Divide each third into 3 again. Roll each piece into a 12 to 16 inch strip. Braid 3 strips into a loaf. You should get 3 large braided loaves. Lift the braids onto greased baking sheets. Let rise for 20 minutes.

Brush each loaf with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Check occasionally because the bottom burns easily.

Guest tr**el*****n

I'm a huge bread lover....my favorite is fresh pan rolls. Can't go wrong with fresh pan rolls.

Mmmmmm...must pick up some tomorrow