It's been said before but I'm saying it again!

When you visit my profile page I revisit yours, if you allow me. When I do I like to leave a note, a think you and you never know it may be the start of something;) However since I don't tour, yet anyways. I never know if it's a possibility as I DON"T know where you are from. WHY:( can't more of you gentlemen place your province at least on your page? I understand discretion but just a province isn't going to give anyone away, surely! Thank you:)

• Like 9

"It's been said before but I'm saying it again!"

Now, you have to remember cristycurves, we're man!! ;) (Just kidding)

I have to agree that only having your province should not affect in anyway your identity!

• Like 1

I'm in complete agreement with you on this one Cristy. Either they are too lazy to put info into their profiles or overly paranoid that they can't be honest about their general location.

I've noticed in the Chat room people don't bother with their location either.

• Like 1

When you visit my profile page I revisit yours, if you allow me. When I do I like to leave a note, a think you and you never know it may be the start of something;) However since I don't tour, yet anyways. I never know if it's a possibility as I DON"T know where you are from. WHY:( can't more of you gentlemen place your province at least on your page? I understand discretion but just a province isn't going to give anyone away, surely! Thank you:)

I agree, Cristy. What also bothers me is that some can and will read your profile page and yet they do not allow others to see theirs. :(

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I am quite open in regards to my location in North Eastern Ontario . I live in the Nickel Capital!

Edited by N***he**Ont**y

Here is something that happened recently... A gentleman sent a PM requesting information... the problem herr is that he has his profile set as PRIVATE.. not only we were not able to see any information about him.. BUT WE WERE NOT ABLE TO REPLY TO HIS REQUEST... why even bother sending a request for information when you don't allow people to contact you either...

• Like 7

Perhaps this thread will prompt some into including their location on their profile now and also cause some to realize if you are going to visit profiles allow those you visit the same courtesy:)

• Like 2

Guest S*rca****sid

I find it surprising that some providers don't show their location. I understand there are some that travel quite a lot, but I'm referring to those that don't. I think someone could make an argument about why members leave out the other information on their profiles.

Here is something that happened recently... A gentleman sent a PM requesting information... the problem herr is that he has his profile set as PRIVATE.. not only we were not able to see any information about him.. BUT WE WERE NOT ABLE TO REPLY TO HIS REQUEST... why even bother sending a request for information when you don't allow people to contact you either...

I might just be an optimist, but I think it's important to keep in mind that many people may not know the workings of things. I mean, you can set your Facebook profile to private but it doesn't prevent replies. I imagine the unlucky fellow is making the same assumption here.

I also suspect in many cases what seems obvious to some of us just simply doesn't occur to others, especially new folk or those that don't spend a lot of time interacting on the board. How many people do you suppose when they were newly signing up figured "oh private profile, yeah that seems fine" and then never gave it a second thought. Or they come just to casually look around and it simply never occurs to them that they may be causing difficulties or missing out by not providing basic information for those visiting them.

I've benefited so much from my time on Cerb that I have a much better idea of what the ladies find useful to know, and hope I've gained a better sense of how you run your profession. I think this has helped me tweak my profile and made be more comfortable sharing some information. But I think it's easy to forget how paranoid and unsure most of us were starting out.

Patience is probably always going to be needed, but threads like these can be a good thing because they educate people on the benefits (and etiquette) of being at least somewhat open.

• Like 2

Don't mean to hijack thread but more and more I have a problem with private profiles... with the amount of choice you have in regards to what you show on your profile I don't see why private profiles exist.... if they continue to exist members should have the ability to not allow access to their profile to private members.

As for Province.... should not be a problem for anyone... but sometimes us guys are too busy looking at the amazing ladies profiles that we often don't think about ours till weeks/Months/Years later

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

^^ I agree re: private profiles. I am of the opinion that client members do not need private profiles, for example, and there is no point in any sp on a free ads site to have one, if she is posting ads and here for biz. So as a feature being used it seems shady lol.

I'm on another site with a main forum that covers the US and Canada, with mostly US members. The main forum gets everyone from everywhere posting, but i once pointed out, why don't the sps have their location right in their signature? Many post for marketing reasons, makes sense that they make it easy for the clients, who are also from all over the US, would know if that sp is an option for them ever, without going out of the forum to check a profile that is.

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The rules are different I think because the law officials would use their on line postings against them to build a legal case.

I understand discretion but just a province isn't going to give anyone away, surely! Thank you:)

Thanks for the tip Cristy! I do have Alberta as my location right now, but I will change it to 'a province' right away, just for you!

:P

• Like 1

As for Province.... should not be a problem for anyone... but sometimes us guys are too busy looking at the amazing ladies profiles that we often don't think about ours till weeks/Months/Years later

Just my Opinion

I think this about right, guys probably just want to get on the site and just add the required info and then go from there. Maybe they plan to change it but just end up forgetting about it an such. I'm sure some guys travel around and maybe prefer not to indicate there home location.

I'm sure the MOD could make it a required field to fill if it was a big problem.

As for private profiles, SP and Guys have them, i don't really have a problem with them and i think should be at least an option for everyone...maybe they don't want to get a bunch of messages from providers, it is in a way sort of advertising....i don't have an issue with the providers doing it, maybe i'll take them up! :)

cheers.

Edited by conquistador
  • Like 1

I think this about right, guys probably just want to get on the site and just add the required info and then go from there. Maybe they plan to change it but just end up forgetting about it an such. I'm sure some guys travel around and maybe prefer not to indicate there home location.

I'm sure the MOD could make it a required field to fill if it was a big problem.

As for private profiles, SP and Guys have them, i don't really have a problem with them and i think should be at least an option for everyone...maybe they don't want to get a bunch of messages from providers, it is in away sort of advertising....i don't have an issue with the providers doing it, maybe i'll take them up! :)

cheers.

Just to clarify my comments regarding Private Profiles.... i am absolutely fine with allowing members to choose to have a private profile for whatever their reason might be... that said I think it would also be appropriate to allow other members with open profiles to restrict access to only those who also share their details. Under this arrangement everyone's interests are respected.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

Just to clarify my comments regarding Private Profiles.... i am absolutely fine with allowing members to choose to have a private profile for whatever their reason might be... that said I think it would also be appropriate to allow other members with open profiles to restrict access to only those who also share their details. Under this arrangement everyone's interests are respected.

Just my opinion.

That seems fair to me.

But i was only commenting on what i quoted in blue and not to what you thought about on private profiles...just to clarify.

• Like 1

Guest P*rry

Whew! I checked my profile and my location, Ottawa, is there. It's always good to review/update one's profile. Thank you for the reminder.

The rules are different I think because the law officials would use their on line postings against them to build a legal case.

What is then more bizarre is that most sps have face pics in the US, while it is unusual here. It seems illogical. :)

• Like 2

Having a gentleman's location (province at least) would be a plus.

It is difficult to openly communicate also with those that have their profiles set to private, as we can't possibly answer back to inquiries.

I've noticed that the providers in this site have a lot of information in their profiles, but the gentlemen have (on a lot of them) just the fact they are male and a hobbyist.

I have been asked repeatedly for pictures, my age, what I provide, how much, and ALL of that is listed on my website, and some of it on my profile. Especially when I get long distance phone calls at 4am when I have to get up for work at 6am, and my availability may say 12 midnight.

I have tried to limit my profile to just pertinent information, and having the bulk of it on my website, but I am finding that some do not want to take the time to look at the site.

I've had one particular person contact me repeatedly asking for hours that are clearly not available, and for services that I clearly state I do not provide. it does get frustrating a little repeatedly giving the exact same information over text or phone that is on my profile/website.

Take it up a notch guys, let us know a little about you at least, that way if we are not in your locale, then it saves a lot of disappointment, on both sides :)

• Like 4

Having a gentleman's location (province at least) would be a plus.

It is difficult to openly communicate also with those that have their profiles set to private, as we can't possibly answer back to inquiries.

I've noticed that the providers in this site have a lot of information in their profiles, but the gentlemen have (on a lot of them) just the fact they are male and a hobbyist.

I have been asked repeatedly for pictures, my age, what I provide, how much, and ALL of that is listed on my website, and some of it on my profile. Especially when I get long distance phone calls at 4am when I have to get up for work at 6am, and my availability may say 12 midnight.

I have tried to limit my profile to just pertinent information, and having the bulk of it on my website, but I am finding that some do not want to take the time to look at the site.

I've had one particular person contact me repeatedly asking for hours that are clearly not available, and for services that I clearly state I do not provide. it does get frustrating a little repeatedly giving the exact same information over text or phone that is on my profile/website.

Take it up a notch guys, let us know a little about you at least, that way if we are not in your locale, then it saves a lot of disappointment, on both sides :)

In 100% agreement. As far as private profiles I still think it's rude to visit someone's page and then not allow them to visit yours. This happens to often for me:( and even after sending a pm to the "private" I get no reply. This leads me to believe that there is more to their visit than just a visit, or why else wouldn't they want me to know anything about them? Common courtesy goes along way and so does discretion but if you don't want me to know you that's fine but then you shouldn't have any reason to want to know anything about me.

As far as men not looking at sites, it happens a lot, and I can't explain why. It is frustrating at times because even when I clearly print in an ad FIRST please read through my site before calling I'll get lots of guys calling and none have read my site, lol, laugh, what else can you do?

• Like 3