Undercutting Local Prices

Ug, these threads make me very uncomfortable, especially the way they tend to evolve.

It seems like most of the time everyone agrees that each lady should get to run her business the way they see fit. But it seems like invariably these sort of conversations turn into judgements on others (even if simply by implication) and hurt feelings.

Better not to make assumptions, especially in this industry, and especially about people. Do what works for you and what makes you feel good.

• Like 6

Guest P**aq

This Thread has been heated with opinion, but has been such a very interesting read because of all the points of views, SP's, MA's, and hobbiest alike!

I wont offer any opinion on this topic as I am neither an SP or MA, but I will say that, as a hobbiest, the last thing I look at when I read the web site of an SP or MA is her price. I am more interested in the sections of her web site "about me" or "services offered/not offered" "suggested gifts" etc. The last thing I read after going over her web site is price. If I want to see someone, I want to see her (yes I admit largely for looks), but also for suitable personality/fit, as well as services provided. If I like what I read, only then do I look at the donation page...so that I have the correct amount in the unsealed white envelope.

I have just come to realize that my touring rates are lower than most providers similar to me.

Its not something I ever consciously noticed until I was reference checking for my current tour and noticed than some of the ladies I was contacting have rates substantially higher than mine.

I had a gent book a four hour date and when he provided his reference and I checked her site I noticed that she's getting the same donation for 3 hours as I'm getting for four. So I started checking others and I'm substantially below the other touring ladies rates.

NOT INTENTIONAL!!

I might increase my rates next tour to keep me more in line with others so I'm not undercutting and offending or annoying anyone.

• Like 3

I'm not sure why some determined the op was speaking about migrant workers or making judgements, she was just stating the obvious. Some that charge less do, do so to try and take clients, some do it out of necessity, some do it because they know no better and some do it for many other reasons and to those they are entitled. Pricing is personal but, it also can be a tactic.The reasons why some charge more are also many and varied. But, I'm not sure why some of the gents feel they shouldn't have an opinion to offer or why they feel they shouldn't speak on the subject, after all it really is the gents that determine our prices. Yes we set them, for whatever our reasons and choices, but without the gents paying them where would we be? So whether we chose to set them high or low or in between if there are no clients then what difference does it make what we charge. Invariably, what anyone of us does can set a standard if not, then where did all the acronyms( gfe, pse, etc) and what's involved in them come from and start? Some one or a few decided that a girl friend experience involved bbbj, kissing, passion, a non committal date, it caught on and the rest followed and set their pricing based on that type of intimacy. Someone set a standard. Changes start with one and sometimes take time but when enough start then the rest have no choice but to follow. That's business and although many have said companionship is invaluable we all still put a price on it and pay for it. So again, I feel the op had a valid point and shouldn't be criticized for bringing it up or questioning why some are doing it( undercutting).

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 6

People keep mentioning $100/hr but where are these ads? I look at BP all the time and have never seen more than 1 ad for less than $100 per HALF hr.

Also the Asian agencies (presumably where the immigrants may be working?) charge the same as local ones ($200/hr.).

• Like 1

Within reason, what we are selling is clicking and connection. It is next to impossible to put a dollar value on those two things.

FunValerie hit the nail on the head here with this quote.

We are selling exactly that. A gentleman will look for who he is attracted to, chemistry clicks, services he wants, and makes his decision from there. those that 'undercut`tend to do it for quantity rather than quality sometimes, which is a shame.

Albeit, there are circumstances that we don`t know about in why some do this.

I have advertised `special rate`for a certain day, and had someone contact me three weeks later asking for the service for THAT particular rate, just because someone else is offering it. I may have placed 5 or 6 ads since that particular rate, and the gentleman has said, `well then, let me know when your going to offer it again at that price`.

First of all, its not up to me to let you know when I am offering special rates, its up to you to look for what you are seeking.

Hence the reason for advertising.

It`s potential clients like this that make the undercut girls have a lot of business sometimes. Those gentleman are only looking at getting their rocks off at the lowest price.

Not someone that I want to see.

I would rather have a gentleman that wants to see me for me, and the services that I offer.

A few have stated the same thing here in this thread, that rates are not a local thing, it is up to the particular SP what he or she is going to rate specific services at, and why. Base your rates on your services, how you feel you present yourself and if you have something that you offer that no one else does, or few do offer.

Services are going to be different all over the place, so are rates, gentlemen are looking for what is attractive to them, so I wouldn`t worry about the 'ùndercutters`, when someone says to me, `'oh, so and so does this for $xx', I just tell that person to go to them then, as I am not reducing my rate just because someone else does.

Most of us have non-negotiable rates, so why bother even asking for a reduction, I consider it rude for anyone to ask for a reduced rate.

Have your rates as to what you feel your services and you are worth.

• Like 6

Guest S****r
People keep mentioning $100/hr but where are these ads? I look at BP all the time and have never seen more than 1 ad for less than $100 per HALF hr.

Also the Asian agencies (presumably where the immigrants may be working?) charge the same as local ones ($200/hr.).

I suspect no one is answering this because no one wants to give those girls the publicity. But they are there. I checked this morning and saw one right away. And she posts all the time. I am sure she is very busy.

As was said, clients chose a provider on what they are seeking. Looks, rates, connection, services etc. THIS is the bottom line. Every provider should do what they feel comfortable with and what works for them.

I think what gets me the most are all the assumptions/judgements flying around. Lower price means undercutting which means a thought out decision to hurt someone elses business or gain more. Sometimes a lower price is just that, a lower price. There should be no assigning of guilt to it. Yes, there are ruthless people in this and every industry who make conscious decisions to screw other people but if we went through life thinking that of everyone, what a sorry state of affairs that would be.

Lower rate does not mean lower quality, lack of companionship or giving. Rate does not determine the chemistry you can have with someone.

Lower rate does NOT mean busier just as higher rate does not mean slower.

Another assumption not mentioned here but I have thought about. Being an SP doesn't automatically mean you're rolling in money either. That you have a huge extensive wardrobe, tonnes of toys, a hotel room on call or a hundred other things. Everyone's situation is different and until you walk a mile in someone elses shoes, you cannot understand their situation.

In response to those who say lady x is charging this so why don't you. This comment says more about you as a potential client than the lady charging the lower rate. To the providers that get upset at the lady charging the rate, why? It's the guy showing disrespect not the lady trying to make a living.

Honestly, a lot of this doesn't matter because people are going to keep on doing what they're going to do, think what they want to think. I'm just a voice giving another perspective. Find someone who makes you feel good in whatever way you want to feel good.

• Like 6

I seem to recall the MOD making the point that we are not allowed to discuss other ladies rates on this board. I know I got into trouble for doing so.

All I can talk about is myself which is to echo what some other ladies have said. We are all unique and as long as we are comfortable charging what we do, it's really no one else's business.

And for the guys who book solely on price point, they usually prove in the end to not being the most desirable clients. If someone is going to haggle with me over $20 or more, then I suggest they move on to the ladies who offer those rates.

Edited by Mature Angela
  • Like 4

As was said, clients chose a provider on what they are seeking. Looks, rates, connection, services etc. THIS is the bottom line. Every provider should do what they feel comfortable with and what works for them.

Not to beat a dead horse but... This above statement is a given, understood and truthful. The op was speaking to a concern she had, which should be understandable. Will talking about pricing change anything, probably not, but discussing something she thought might or might not be affecting her and others business is fair and shouldn't be seen as judging, just a concern.

I think what gets me the most are all the assumptions/judgements flying around. Lower price means undercutting which means a thought out decision to hurt someone elses business or gain more. Sometimes a lower price is just that, a lower price. There should be no assigning of guilt to it. Yes, there are ruthless people in this and every industry who make conscious decisions to screw other people but if we went through life thinking that of everyone, what a sorry state of affairs that would be.

There is nothing wrong with speaking about the devious or what might be causing a slow down or possible change in business. The fact remains that lower pricing can mean providers trying tactics to pull business it can also mean other things and Tracie you are a perfect example that lower pricing DOES NOT represent a lower quality of service, less reputable provider or someone who has motives and I'm sure there are others like you, but there are others on the other side as well. To question is fine, imo it's a way to resolve and to understand.

Lower rate does not mean lower quality, lack of companionship or giving. Rate does not determine the chemistry you can have with someone.

Lower rate does NOT mean busier just as higher rate does not mean slower.

Both these statements can have meanings to both sides.

Another assumption not mentioned here but I have thought about. Being an SP doesn't automatically mean you're rolling in money either. That you have a huge extensive wardrobe, tonnes of toys, a hotel room on call or a hundred other things. Everyone's situation is different and until you walk a mile in someone elses shoes, you cannot understand their situation.

Yes assumptions are made, not always right but some have been made because they also have truth. But as in anything one should never just assume. We should speak to experience and what we've seen, not just heard about or assumed.

In response to those who say lady x is charging this so why don't you. This comment says more about you as a potential client than the lady charging the lower rate. To the providers that get upset at the lady charging the rate, why? It's the guy showing disrespect not the lady trying to make a living.

This is part of the frustration and problem for some, I know I get a myriad of these types of responses daily, I'm sure others do as well.

Honestly, a lot of this doesn't matter because people are going to keep on doing what they're going to do, think what they want to think. I'm just a voice giving another perspective. Find someone who makes you feel good in whatever way you want to feel good.

You are right:) but questioning, commenting on a part of the business that happens shouldn't provoke hurt feelings, or cause sarcastic retorts, or criticisms instead it should provoke us into resolve, possibilities of change and what if's. But, like you've stated, probably still nothing would change as this business allows anyone in it to do as they see fit and that's part of the attraction.

For those who look to this as a changing, evolving business, one that has to compete with the "times" then a standard of pricing isn't a far fetched idea. After all if the rates in this business stayed as they did, lets say even 10 yrs ago and everything else has doubled and in some case tripled, does it make good business sense to keep those prices? Just a question:)

and one more thing:) why have most sp's and clients come to a consensus concerning types of services offered being a standard, Example a gfe means such and such, a pse means such and such. Yet no one seems to want standards in pricing. Both these are personal, varied yet one seems accepted and the other not?

Edited by cr**tyc***es

This said by Midnite is so true. I experience all this a few tears ago with a SP who now lives in Vancouver. I didn't even know she had the lowest rates in Ottawa at the time because the connection was so strong that I never tried anyone else. This was before cerb.

• Like 2

As i retired "older gent" hobbiest on a ever declining fixed income let me say that price does matter. Not that I'm a Walmart shopper,but after surveying a ladies web page, and I admit to being a visual person, and find an SP (there are many) that appeal to me I turn to the Donations section. If a the time my "piggy bank" can stand the intrusion I pursue the inclination. However if it cant stand the run on the bank I put my urges on hold for a time, and even may double up on my contributions to the "discretionary" expenditure so that I can eventually spend quality time with a desired companion. Should someone appeal to me with a low price it in no way diminishes my desire to to contact them,as I will be ready to TOFTT This said i find myself drawn to the SPs that are in the "normal" to "low end high" range for CERB members, who have always provided a most relaxing and enjoyable encounter and am not sure that the additional wait time (for the bank to fill) to obtain a high end priced companion would provide an experience any more satisfying than my "budget allows.

This said i'm not cheap but am a frugal spender.

• Like 4

Guest S****r

Speaking for myself only, when I started in the industry, I didn't know what price to set. I looked at other girls' prices and figured since they had more experience, etc that I could not really expect to command the same price. So I set a price lower. In my mind, it seemed fair. But what I didn't realize was that it did lure men to go to me instead of the established girls who were maybe $50 more, at least to try me out. In actuality, I did provide very good service from day one, even though I didn't have experience in the industry. After all, I had just passed 40 and had had lots of experience with good sex, just not paid sex. lol So the good service along with the lower price DID keep those men coming to see me.

But then a couple of the girls talked to me and told me that I not only WAS hurting their personal business, (and that of others) but that my action could hurt the industry as a whole, especially if any other new girls would have set the same or similar price as me. It would mean that the girls who were watching their regulars start seeing me instead of them would feel compelled to lower their prices, too, which could start a domino effect that could potentially make the whole market tumble. I was shocked to hear that, so I gradually started upping my price little by little til I am now in that mid-range, too. I just didn't have the confidence to set that price in the beginning, nor the business sense to see the potential fallout.

In the end, it benefited me, too, of course, but I also felt I didn't want to cause any undue or unintended harm to anyone else's business.

Now you can debate whether or not they were right in what they explained to me, but......I am simply telling you my own actual experience. It made sense to me, so I followed their advice. And I am glad I did.

I sure hope no one takes offence to this, cause certainly none is intended.

Still learning,

Summer

I am a hobbiest. I firmly believe that in most cases, you get what you pay for. Quality comes with a price. This is not always the case, there are "good deals" in all walks of consumerism. That being said, the question here seems to be "should I be looking out for myself and set whatever price will attract clients or should I be conscious of the greater good of the collective group of SP's and be consistent with local pricing?"

This is a difficult decision and is likely based on many factors which, we as a whole without knowing all the facts can judge. I would certainly have doubts about a provider offering ridiculously low prices as compared to the regional norm.

I understand that we are talking about people's livelihood's here, so I can see why some of the comments have been heated. My advice is the cream will always rise to the top and those that provide consistently good service will be reviewed positively and recommended to others and that ultimately will benefit their business and their bottom line.

• Like 4

Speaking for myself only, when I started in the industry, I didn't know what price to set. I looked at other girls' prices and figured since they had more experience, etc that I could not really expect to command the same price. So I set a price lower. In my mind, it seemed fair. But what I didn't realize was that it did lure men to go to me instead of the established girls who were maybe $50 more, at least to try me out. In actuality, I did provide very good service from day one, even though I didn't have experience in the industry. After all, I had just passed 40 and had had lots of experience with good sex, just not paid sex. lol So the good service along with the lower price DID keep those men coming to see me.

But then a couple of the girls talked to me and told me that I not only WAS hurting their personal business, (and that of others) but that my action could hurt the industry as a whole, especially if any other new girls would have set the same or similar price as me. It would mean that the girls who were watching their regulars start seeing me instead of them would feel compelled to lower their prices, too, which could start a domino effect that could potentially make the whole market tumble. I was shocked to hear that, so I gradually started upping my price little by little til I am now in that mid-range, too. I just didn't have the confidence to set that price in the beginning, nor the business sense to see the potential fallout.

In the end, it benefited me, too, of course, but I also felt I didn't want to cause any undue or unintended harm to anyone else's business.

Now you can debate whether or not they were right in what they explained to me, but......I am simply telling you my own actual experience. It made sense to me, so I followed their advice. And I am glad I did.

I sure hope no one takes offence to this, cause certainly none is intended.

Still learning,

Summer

Summer, even though we have not met, I can certainly understand why you had lower pricing to start your SP career. To me, a lady is not "undercutting" others when she first starts out with lower prices, but she is simply gauging her (or his) level of companionship. After a while, with recommendations and experience, adjusting her pricing to what she feels is appropriate; in effect, EARNING her justification. New providers will always draw attention from established ones, that's just the nature of the business.

• Like 6

a couple of the girls talked to me and told me that I not only WAS hurting their personal business, (and that of others) but that my action could hurt the industry as a whole, especially if any other new girls would have set the same or similar price as me. It would mean that the girls who were watching their regulars start seeing me instead of them would feel compelled to lower their prices, too, which could start a domino effect that could potentially make the whole market tumble. I was shocked to hear that, so I gradually started upping my price little by little til I am now in that mid-range, too.

Interesting post, basically there is a cartel out there! (An OPEC of SPs you might say).

• Like 1

It's all in the connection for me, which has been stated several times. Time and finances don't allow me to hobby too often and I love to window shop, but when I do find the opportunity to visit a lady, I tend to avoid the price extremes. However, those price extremes too often do not reflect the experience. There's a true gem or 10 at every price level for me. I have met ladies in very humble surroundings (not dirty.....just humble) that I really fell for......genuine human beings. I have met the mid-range ladies that I felt soooo comfortable with. I have met the odd slightly more expensive lady that were the most down-to-earth people you'd ever want to meet and never regretted the extra money. Like another poster said, I'm not cheap, but I am frugal. If we enjoy ourselves- at whatever price point- you've made me happy. So far, the ladies I have met have either been incredibly good actresses or we have both just been normal human beings who have enjoyed each others' company. The ladies I enjoy are the same ones I would enjoy regardless of circumstances and price is not the determining factor.

• Like 2

Guest S****r

Your opinion counts as much as anyone else's, Eve.

Sorry I even had an opinion on this one. Won't happen again.

Guest ATasteOfEve

No really Juice! A cartel? I would hardly compare this to OPEC back in the 70s! I can't believe how far people are taking this! Lol!

I merely brought attention to the FACT that there are girls out there that are selling themselves too cheap and they may or may not be taken advantage of by pimps and clients. We never know...maybe it's a case of ignorance, undervaluing themselves(as in Summer's case) or maybe they just love sex with strangers and lots of them. With the issue of human trafficking in the news, it certainly would draw the attention of the law since many of these girls are working through "agencies".

Still learning,

Summer

Undercutting and competition should never be allowed in any industry. Collusion is the only way we can all be happy.

• Like 3

I think a lower price would get people to be curious and have a try. Maybe not too low or else they would expect poor service. What makes a person repeat however is the service, at least for me especially since this is a YMMV industry.

I think a lower price would get people to be curious and have a try. Maybe not too low or else they would expect poor service. What makes a person repeat however is the service, at least for me especially since this is a YMMV industry.

This I think is where Summer's advisor had good advice. She is now benefiting from having higher rates, that puts more in her pocket after the same expenses she had with lower rates. but also, if her experience and quality is high, sometimes all a rate is is a reflection of expectations. Of course not all sps with $XXX rates can live up to the higher expectations of a higher rate, but then not all sps with $X rates live down to the lowest expectations that clients have come to expect from a $X rate.

In the end, acknowledging that a rate is similar to any other red flag button as anything else in an ad is beneficial to the sp who wonders why do I get so many dead beats, or guys trying to rip me off, or disrespectful phone calls, or for some of them, act so shocked and surprised when they arrive and enjoy themselves. What can I do to save me the agony of dealing with so many of the jackasses. The answer can be, raise the rate 20 bucks, as simple as that, or not offer certain kinds of sessions except on a special rate day, etc.

Either high rate or low rate, the sp has to work hard to justify that rate. At mid range rates, legit sps don't have to prove to anyone they are legit, the expectation is there. A super low rate, let's face it, draws attention from more than just the frugal spenders or guys on a tight budget, it usually is a signal to party guys, or aggressive guys or rip off guys that the sp doesn't know what she is doing, or she is doing this due to desperation. It doesn't actually matter what her reasons are, a large number of potential clients make assumptions based on these rates. Why make things more difficult in other words.

i don't know how many times i've read sps thinking about quitting due to so many problems when they start out with those lower than average rates, and the contrast when all they did was increase even a little bit. Like night and day, sad to say.

• Like 1

I think a woman can have sex with anyone they want for whatever price they want, including at no cost. To say a service provider is selling her service too cheap is assuming a lot from a limited perspective. Implying minimum acceptable prices makes the industry and your occupation your pimp in my opinion. I once had sex at no cost after a night out with a service provider I frequented for years, and this was at her invitation. (I asked her out for a friendly beer, I didn't "book" her for a date). Was she not allowed to act on a mutual connection due to our previous hobbying transactions? Of course this is very different, but what she chooses to do with her body and time is her choice, and being a member of this industry doesn't negate that fact. Its also important to remember that not all hobbyists can afford premium pricing, so should they not be able to procure services from a provider who is comfortable operating within their lower budget? Anyone who says they don't pay attention to rates when looking for a provider can obviously afford higher rates. I own a small company in a competitive trades industry, and am forced to quote against competition at prices I literally cannot match, often because they work unlicensed and cut corners, and while this seems difficult to deal with, my customers continue doing business with me because I fit what they are looking for, and they can afford to hire me. All I can say about those who go with the cheaper quote is I hope it works out for them, and give me a call if it doesn't. I'm not a frequent poster, but I am a frequent reader, and am well aware I've probably just set myself up for lots of criticism from any number of angles (which is part of the reason I don't often share my views), but I felt like sharing my opinion today, so there you are, have at it.

• Like 6

A couple of points I'd like to bring up.

I'm seeing far too many people comparing lower-priced SP's to McDonald's or Baskin-Robbins, when in fact, even the lowest prices are well into the high-end luxury market. Even if somebody is "only" charging $100/hr, how many other businesses do you know that can charge that much?

Second point, some people have mentioned that they are now retired on fixed-income. Perhaps this has more to do with the reduced prices? The previously high-flying Ottawa market is now coming back down to Earth.

• Like 2

I couldn't agree with whiteman more. I understand the value and beauty we have in Ottawa, though if I could make $100/hr with no *need* for an education, not to say we're all uneducated here ladies, but if I could, I would. Now that being said rates per hour are generally double that of $100. I know that there is more work that goes Into service providing than specifically billable hour it's still outrageously good money in my books. Now this is a very touchy subject on all points of the spectrum. I believe I'm quite good at see things objectively and have come to a conclusion or two.

1. Charge a rate that you feel you deserve

2. Ensure agree to pay rates that you are willing to pay

3. If the demand does not meet the supply chances are we're dealing with a flooded market ( I don't honk this is the case personally) or the demand (client) doesn't currently have the economic situation to support the supply. This is such very basic economics.

While I personally an a very loyal client, as some of you may know, when I don't have the cash flow I don't hobby. It is hat it is.