What would you do?

Just looking for some feedback as to what you might do in this situation....

I arrived at my scheduled time for a MA who is an independent on arrival she mentions that she isn't feeling well. I tell her I understand that is fine and that I will reschedule. She tells me to come in anyway and lay down with her keep her warm which I do and we talk I rub her back and give her a head massage about 40 minutes later she isn't feeling well so get up to leave.

At this point I have been there for 40 minutes not receiving anything but I understand the value of time. So , I offer to pay for the time and ask how much should I leave?

So my question is what would you do or how would you handle this type of situation?

Guess you also need to know I have seen this MA about 5 times before this happened. We get along but imagine she gets along with everyone as she is very nice person.

Back to what happened ... She told me to leave the regular amount and next time I wouldn't have to pay.

• Like 2

Since you offered to pay and she accepted and said she would make the session up to you, then give her benefit of doubt she'll keep her word. The fact that you have already seen her 5 times indicates to me you have a connection. I don't really see a problem.

I think it's better she was honest with you about feeling ill rather than attempting to work when she was sick which no doubt would have left you unsatisfied.

Life happens and although not pleasant just is what it is. I don't see you needing to worry about it.

• Like 8

I'm with Angela on this. Especially since you've seen her five times already, you two must click. Maybe she thought at the beginning of your time she could provide a massage but just turned out she wasn't feeling up to it. Book another encounter with her. She wants to give you your massage. Treat this time as one of those "life happens"

That's what I'd do, especially if it was with a lady I have seen regularily

My two cents

RG

• Like 4

I agree with Angela and RG.

There's obviously a connection there and a level of trust that comes along with that.

Don't let the business side of things cloud the human, compassionate side. If this is her main, or important, source of income, and she's ill and unable to work, I'm sure she's extremely appreciative.

• Like 2

I agree with what the others have said.

I had a similar situation. Only the lady was visiting me in my home and it was our 2nd date. She insisted that she wanted to stay. It was obvious she was not up to it. I tended to her like I would any other sick friend. (Blanket, tea, flat ginger ale, soup, soda crackers, Gravol, Tylenol.) She took a nap (alone) for a couple of hours. She declined the donation but I stuck it in her coat pocket anyway. The rest is history - we saw each other (professionally) for about two years.

Always treat people with dignity and respect. Expect nothing in return. When you least expect it someone will do the same for you.

• Like 8

There has been some excellent and appropriate advice here. I especially life Jafo's suggestion above. Good Karma.

• Like 3

Guest D***el B***e

It's a tough call. Although you seem to have a good connection with the provider if you've seen her five times, in the back of my mind there's still a bit of suspicion that instead of the provider cancelling on you because she was sick, she deliberately kept the appointment knowing she couldn't deliver but yet knowing also you probably wouldn't complain much... I've been in a situation like this too with a girl I see and sometime I just take the punch and roll over. It's the cost for seeing someone you've developed a connection with. Most times it's fantastic, other times well ... you cuddle up ...

Interesting question. I generally don't respond to these; "what would you do" type questions. I often find second guessing what happens can be difficult so I don't usually spend much time there.

In your case I probably would have hit a time when say after staying 10 mins...I really should either politely end it or stay and expect I'm compensating her for her time. I have spent some 'off the clock' time with ladies but it was really exceptional circumstances, was communicated, and we both felt comfortable.

I have also had some 'unique' situations unfold but I wouldn't post them on a public board and would just ensure that both the lady and I are comfortable with what transpired and how we will manage. (agree with Kimberly) Making sure both parties feel valued and respected. If that is the end result...then I really don't care what others think.

Cub

I agree, karma is a wonderful thing. You will always be rewarded for good will and not always from the person given to. Live with respect and honor and you will receive the same.

• Like 2

I don't get it, why would she ask for money and then promise not to charge in the future?

I think if she wasn't feeling well she should have cancelled the appointment, personally I find the whole situation a little unprofessional.

The only problem I can see is in starting this thread instead of rebooking with her.

I don't see anything unprofessional in having a pre-paid session, especially when you have seen her times previously and have developed a good rapport, until now.

• Like 1

The only problem I can see is in starting this thread instead of rebooking with her.

I don't see anything unprofessional in having a pre-paid session, especially when you have seen her times previously and have developed a good rapport, until now.

Like another member who left a comment on his post this thread seems to have annoyed you. Except for the fact that this thread is in the Ottawa section the MA is not identified so I'm not sure what the issue is . It seems like a perfectly legitimate question to me.

It's an interesting characterization, "a pre-paid" session. For all the talk about karma the ladies here are professional business women, many I'm sure pay their bills and put food on their tables from this business.

What if the guy showed up and said, I don't have any cash right now but I'll pay you double next session? Does that work?