Does sexy have an expiration date? If you were to go by todays standards, listen to tv, radio or fall prey to advertising, you'd believe it does. Everyday we are being fed the notion that "sexy" is a young, hard bodied male or female, of a particular body type and age. Nothing more.

I always thought being sexy had more to do with non-physical attributes more than physical ones and that those who are considered sexy would still be so no matter their age.

Are we becoming more shallow with each passing decade or as a society has it always been this way?

• Like 1

I suppose it depends greatly on what you choose to expose yourself to. I don't watch much mainstream media.

Being in my 40's, I surround myself with my peers and I find their experience, maturity, sense of humour and "live-and-let-live" attitude to be refreshingly sexy.

When I am with my mid-20's son and his friends, I'm often reminded that I'm too hot to be his mom. However, I don't find any of those young men to be very sexy I'm afraid.

Confidence in a man or woman is a trait I find incredibly sexy, and it appears to me to be something that develops with age ;)

• Like 6

This is an interesting question and actually one that I have considered a great deal over the years.

I was married when I was 21 to an amazing woman who was tiny, gorgeous, and sexy beyond sexy. We were together for 40 years until her death and as time progressed and years went by, I not only continued to find her sexy and attractive but more so all the time. Her sexual aura only grew for me.

Since my foray into Cerb I can truthfully say that I have met with women of all ages, from close to my own which is older for sure but also to some very young hard bodied ladies. In all cases the sexy was present but ultimately the thing is that it comes down to the person and not their age or even their hard bodiedness.

Who can not help but admire a young woman in her supposed,"prime," but the fact of the matter is for me that I believe that women are sexier as they mature.

Now to reverse the scenario, when I look into the mirror I only see,"old." I don't feel that but I see that. I wonder if that perception for women preferring the young hard bodied man is even stronger for them than it is for men who look at women?

• Like 5

I think that media and advertising plays as big a role as it always has. We are force fed certain standards every day and sometimes, whether we want it to or not, it sinks into our thought patterns and we slowly start thinking a different way. It takes effort to think your own thoughts in this electronic age.

Not only that but I think when we're young, we view older in REALLY skewed ways so when we GET to older, we remember those comments. On top of that because we're human, our bodies start doing things they never did before and behaving differently and looking differently. At that point, many people have to deal with the whole ego shift and it can be a hard effort that weakens us to all the stuff we're inundated with.

It's then that we think, maybe it IS better or if I had that I would be better.

PS. In regard to Mrrnice's comments, there seems to be a gender specific thing I see a lot where woman are more accepting or maturity and aging in men then men are in woman. As always, there are exceptions, this is just a trend I have personally seen and experienced.

There are so many facets to beauty, sex, aging, youth and they all have impact. I would love to see the real goal be to see beauty and sexy in everyone regardless of age, sex, race etc. It is a real gift and I'm very thankful to be blessed with it. Sexy to me is more than an outward appearance. It's personality, playfulness, the curve of a body that's normally hidden, the twinkle in an eye, the teasing smile or deepness of a laugh.

NO, there is no age limit on sexy or beautiful, there is sometimes an age limit on mental ability to be accepting and open. I hope never to find that one!

In response to Mrrnice...I do believe there is a gender issue, and I comment from personal experience and observation, that women are more accepting of maturity and aging in men then men are in woman. Always exceptions of course.

• Like 3

Confidence in a man or woman is a trait I find incredibly sexy, and it appears to me to be something that develops with age ;)

I agree, when I was younger I had by most standards, what would physically be considered sexy, all anyone would want, but not much confidence. Hanging with the wrong people, listening to negativity and believing it, not much familial support and rather disconnected parents. All that can affect a positive outlook on oneself and create a lack of confidence. But as I've grown older, learned, understood, changed who I choose to associate with and who and what I listen to, I've become much more confident and at times, lol, to much so. But we all do what we have to do to protect ourselves.

I certainly feel sorry for those who are young and growing in this decade of instant contact, online bulling, societal pressures, media bullshit, peer pressures, etc. If you are not a strongly grounded, centered and well parented youth, boy will you have a long hard road.

• Like 4

Who can not help but admire a young woman in her supposed,"prime," but the fact of the matter is for me that I believe that women are sexier as they mature.

Now to reverse the scenario, when I look into the mirror I only see,"old." I don't feel that but I see that. I wonder if that perception for women preferring the young hard bodied man is even stronger for them than it is for men who look at women?

well I'm sure I'm not the only lady who finds maturity in a man sexy!

I know for me, younger men (under 30) just aren't my preference, that's why I have an age limit mentioned on my website. It's not the look of the older man I find irresistible, although that's often very appealing.

The qualities that appeal to me are most often found in a mature man. Charisma, confidence, maturity, passion, chivalry, a positive attitude... younger men possess them of course, but not usually all of them.

• Like 4

I once had a penchant for the hard bodies, but that stopped not long after it began. You've got to try everything once;) I've always been a deep thinker and physical beauty has always been to shallow a quality to enjoy imo. Our looks can change so quickly as well, so to attach importance to them is, to me, silly.

What is more interesting and important is knowing a persons interests, skills, intelligence, their story. So old or young can be beautiful if their is a beautiful soul underneath it. No matter what is being pushed by the media, etc. :)

• Like 1

Sexy to me is a feeling you have about yourself.... if you feel sexy.... you will see others as sexy and attractive... age and a perfect body have little to do with it for me... i see many sexy looking 20 year olds and appreciate very much how they look but as I get older I have found that I need more than just that sexy body I need a connection so my needs sexually have changed just like my body. So in many cases in my experience an amazing sexy lady with a body that has a few stretch marks is probably going to relate to this 54 year old... and that is SEXY.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Ice4fun
  • Like 2

Guest c**io**m7

I'm 44, greying, average body, average face, facial hair and am sexy as all hell...lol...lol

Sexy goes so far beyond physical attributes...it can be a smile, a touch, a word, a value...the list goes on and on.

Guest S****r

As I stop and ponder this, I am realizing that to me sexy isn't even visual. To me, sexy is more about touch and intention. No matter what my partner's appearance, if he/she touches me in certain ways, and with intentions that are apparent that he/she wants to please or arouse or excite me, then he/she is drop dead sexy!

Watching my face and looking into my eyes to observe my reaction as he/she takes the time to explore and test to see what turns ME on.....touches something in me that really heightens my response. Then seeing that he is getting turned on by turning me on.........

Totally sexy.

Interestingly enough, probably 9 times out of 10 it is older guys that have learned this secret!

Of course I like and admire young ladies with their firm sexy bodies, but I also find many older ladies to be incredibly sexy! And, more often than not, the personal connection is better.

Sexiness is so much more than just looks. It's attitude, confidence, the way a woman dresses and moves, the look on her face...

• Like 2

Guest R**3*9

Sexy is what you want it to be....the SP I'm seeing now is drop dead gorgeous to me. I don't know old she is, she guards that. But it doesn't matter either way.

I find her sexy because of how she makes me feel. If she were to say around I could see myself wanting to see her until we are both old and grey because of how well we get along.

Sexy expires when you decide it expires. If you stop feeling sexy then chances are pretty good that others will stop seeing you as sexy.

Since recently turning 60 this is a question I've pondered. Both Helen Mirren and Susan Sarandon blow this out of the water but I'm neither lol.

Am I sexy to some one in their 20's, certainly not in the real world and unlikely in this one too. So I do shy away from the youngins for sure.

I'm old guy fit, quick to smile, an interested listener with a young and positive attitude and a twinkle in my eye.

I appreciate this might be sexy to some......but not all

Peace

MG

• Like 4

Guest Be***iful****lah
Since recently turning 60 this is a question I've pondered. Both Helen Mirren and Susan Sarandon blow this out of the water but I'm neither lol.

Am I sexy to some one in their 20's, certainly not in the real world and unlikely in this one too. So I do shy away from the youngins for sure.

I'm old guy fit, quick to smile, an interested listener with a young and positive attitude and a twinkle in my eye.

I appreciate this might be sexy to some......but not all

Peace

MG

Judging from what you just wrote you are very sexy !!:)

As I stop and ponder this, I am realizing that to me sexy isn't even visual. To me, sexy is more about touch and intention. No matter what my partner's appearance, if he/she touches me in certain ways, and with intentions that are apparent that he/she wants to please or arouse or excite me, then he/she is drop dead sexy!

Watching my face and looking into my eyes to observe my reaction as he/she takes the time to explore and test to see what turns ME on.....touches something in me that really heightens my response. Then seeing that he is getting turned on by turning me on.........

Totally sexy.

Interestingly enough, probably 9 times out of 10 it is older guys that have learned this secret!

I love that answer! Yes, these are the things that are sexy. I would add attitude and personality are everything to me. A young person can have what is considered "perfect" looks, body, smile and everything going on physically but if they don't have the personality and attitude that matches, there is zero sex appeal.

As for me, when I was younger, I never considered myself sexy even though some women told me I was. Now that I'm older however, I have a completely different attitude and outlook. I'm in great shape for a mid 50's guy, relative good looks but it's all attitude and attention to making the person I'm with happy and satisfied. I've learned how to be patient and take the time to find those little things that turn a woman on. I find that if I give her great pleasure, the experience is far more pleasurable for me.

Age, body image and all the other media driven crap might sell advertising but it means nothing in face to face intimate encounters.

• Like 1

Does sexy have an expiration date? If you were to go by todays standards, listen to tv, radio or fall prey to advertising, you'd believe it does. Everyday we are being fed the notion that "sexy" is a young, hard bodied male or female, of a particular body type and age. Nothing more.

I always thought being sexy had more to do with non-physical attributes more than physical ones and that those who are considered sexy would still be so no matter their age.

Are we becoming more shallow with each passing decade or as a society has it always been this way?

No sexy does not have a expiration date, as far as I'm concerned, if you're 90 something years old, and your partner is still with you, or your partner has passed away but you found new love , isn't that sexy in its own?

Sexy is defined as desirable, seductive, sensual. It is not defined as that perfect 10 in a lady or man, after all who is perfect in this world?

My kinda lady is in her being just herself as she portrays here on this board by her looks and personalities, I've met some very sexy ladies over my time,ranging in different body types and age, and they are all dam sexy in my books.

I'm not driven by media, although when I was 13 looking at Playboy Centerfolds, or Penthouse, I was driven to shag one off with my right hand. :)

I'm in my 50's keep in decent shape by walking,biking every day, as I have too to take care of myself physically. I've have had both parents pass away, it is a eye opener when we get up in age.

I don't have that physique of the 6 pack abs,or huge biceps, (I did when I was 16-20 years if age) but that is what happens with age, I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I like to help others that I have been told by people it is a sexy trait mark to have. I like to think I would be still be fulfilling my sexual desires in my 90's. ;)

So sexy is not just about looks, it is about personalities, the individuals character or quality.

My nickel on the subject ;)

Edited by PistolPete
Typo
  • Like 3

To me, sexy is many things--the least of which is the physical appearance...although I find fit, intelligent women to be quite the `turn-on`.

I just turned 60 and--if i do say so myself...I am sexier today than in the past. It is all about intimacy ... the heart, mind and soul connection; the gentle touch, the kiss on the back of the neck, the warmth of breath...; it is not about getting off; it is about the journey that gets you there. Exploring ones another`s bodies-slowly, gently, ...is so very arousing. I always enjoy pleasing the woman first and foremost for that gives me pleasure and makes our time more sensual, erotic, arousing and fulfilling.

That is SEXY to me!!!

• Like 2

Guest c**io**m7

To me, there is nothing sexier than the feeling of skin on skin. The feeling of a light and prolonged caress...soft, slow kisses...feeling each other's breath as we explore the neck, ears, shoulders...

Simply put: passion and sensuality is as sexy as it can get for this guy.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing more sexy than a mature woman who is confident in who she is. That combined with with sense of humor or wit is an unbeatable combination!

• Like 4

PS. In regard to Mrrnice's comments, there seems to be a gender specific thing I see a lot where woman are more accepting or maturity and aging in men then men are in woman. As always, there are exceptions, this is just a trend I have personally seen and experienced.

I agree. Woman I believe are more accepting towards the flaws aging can bring, and look past them for the more important characteristics, men not so much. I think it is expected of us as well. It was always accepted to see an older man, sometimes much older with a younger woman, vice versa, not so much. However I don't think it's a trend. I think we are subliminally taught to believe that men become more ruggedly handsome with time and that woman just become old and haggard. Hopefully that will change soon, judging a book by it's cover, age and not it's content is so shallow and boring you'd think more would realize, but again, in society, sex=youth and that's what sells:)

• Like 1

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

I find older men sexy because I value their knowledge, experience, and maturity. If I learn anything from a man I gravitate towards him immediately, disregarding any flaws he might have.

sexy, to me, is someone that can make me feeler hotter than hot!

I'm 33, and I see gentlemen of all ages.

I have met some under 20's that are as mature and sexy as hell, and some over 50's that are just downright immature and not sexy at all, and vice versa.

Sexy is what you perceive, the way someone makes you feel.

Dressing sexy doesn't mean flaunting all your wares for everyone to see, in public, it's dressing in a way that is the most flattering to your figure and well perceived in the eye of a gentleman.

I don't think that sexy has a limit in age, I think it's determined in how someone makes me feel.

• Like 1

Sexy is as sexy does!

I got sent a nasty message once saying that I should take my "granny ass" of the internet, hahahah, wow, 39 and all ready washed up? hahaha, OMG,

I am a hot gramma I would say!!

There is a lady I recently met on line from TO, WOW!!!! 65 yrs and hot as could be! She is swimming in sexy, her skin, her smile even her grey hair was hot!

sexy IS how you carry yourself, the way you walk, smile, communicate, the way you make others feel in your company!

Getting older is only getting better!

But of course, if you are 60, please don't try to pass as 30, lol...

• Like 1

Sexy means not giving a fuck, which means I'm looking more and more like my avatar every day.

I disagree... sexy means you do give a fuck...