Very good question, BownChicka

The other day I went to view a providers profile and found that she was suspended. :sad:

I am curious as to why she was suspended and for how long she will be suspended for.

In the past there were suspensions where some insiders seemed to know something and posted about it or alluded to it, others CERB members speculated as to what happened, me personally I had no idea. It bothered me that the suspension was some kind of secret.

I think the whole CERB community is entitled to know WHO has been suspended for WHAT (at least for the serious offences). Make it completely above board. Maybe MOD could start sticky thread where only he can post the info. In that thread no CERB member comments should be allowed. This is to cut out the gossip as well as arguments for/against the suspended member. Anything to make easy for the MOD to manage.

GHT

Guest Ou**or**n

Just look at the suspended users posting history. Usually one of their last posts caused the problem. If you check out the whole thread you'll usually see either the issue in question or an edited version of the offending post. Often Mod will have posted a comment about the suspension. Its usually enough to give one a general idea.

Great question and I couldn't agree more. It would be good to see the 'process' a little more open and transparent but at the same time I don't think the full community needs a blow by blow detailled account. For me it would be good to know the term of the suspension. Some people seem to come back relatively soon then others are gone for a long time. Are these sentences selected in an arbitrary way? Strictly from a customer standpoint if an SP is suspended and therefore a little difficult to reach and communicate with - it would be good to know if she is coming back soon or gone forever. I know we can always find ways to find someone but CERB presents a convenient mechanism so it would be good to know if it would still meet my needs.

another board has ****batory in the lounge section. that might work here as well. The mods have a very brief description of the offence and the terms. Very simple and interesting.

another board has ****batory in the lounge section. that might work here as well. The mods have a very brief description of the offence and the terms. Very simple and interesting.

I believe the person has a right to privacy since they did not commit a criminal offence.

It is up to the user to behave properly on aa private site that is contoled by the mods.

The mods should have the right to contol the site without intervention.

As we know numerous threads would be started about the suspension and by the time the thread was done it would be a totally different reason for suspension.

The mods job is already hard enough!

A very good point. The reasons for suspension vary, and some of them may give a potential client pause to set up a date with certain SP's (or MA's for that matter). For that reason we should be aware of practices like shilling, B&S, and other incidents of which, we as consumers should be aware.

If this is truly a community we need to know why members, particularly active and valued members, have "been dissapeared" for a want of a better term.

I disagree that it would automatically create more threads and dissension. If we trust MOD and the site owners to be fair and objective, than there should be no actions that they take, that should come into question. However, having said that, it is the internet.

Maybe its just a sign that I'm on the board way too often......for B&S and Shilling mod usually posts something stating that fact.

Usually all the other reasons like not following Title posting rules etc etc don't particularly effect us guys and mod keeps that private as it should be.

Like canuckhooker is saying about consumer protection, I am more concerned about unsavoury business practices which myself and/or SPs would like to be aware of. I'm prefer honest SPs and would think twice depending on what they did to get their account suspended.

While interesting to know about other, more forum related infractions (for example - arguing against the Mod; hijacking threads and arguing with members), they are less direct to my hobbying.

I do not buy the privacy argument, as this is a public forum where the Mod/owner sets the rules, and if someone doesn't like having their infraction exposed, maybe they should not commit it in the 1st place.

IMHO, it's better to protect victims and and others from becoming victims than an offender which has been found guilty of something - seeing how the verdict has already been reached to suspend their account.

Either way, I thought it would make for interesting discuss none-the-less, seeing it's a discussion board-n-all ;)

Maybe a list of offenses and duration of suspensions. Also helps to prevent someone who were about to make that mistake and if the lists was posted, then there won't be any argument.

SNS724

Just look at the suspended users posting history. Usually one of their last posts caused the problem. If you check out the whole thread you'll usually see either the issue in question or an edited version of the offending post. Often Mod will have posted a comment about the suspension. Its usually enough to give one a general idea.

Excepting in the cases where the activity takes place behind the scenes, via pms to someone, visitor messages, or possibly sending pms about another member with false information, etc. One face in public, another in private.

I agree posting the info would let others know for what and how long a member is suspended, which can be a helpful tool in deciding who to see (for both sps and clients!), and also help highlight what is or is not acceptable behaviour for members here.

Not a bad thing. I disagree also that it would lead to threads and discussions. It rarely if ever leads to this on the other board mentioned, as the announcement of bannings and suspensions is a locked thread, and ppl rarely post about them, unless it is a chronic offender (like someone who constantly gets banned for bad behaviour, creates new handles over and over, and they get banned as well lol)

People PM me asking why a certain person gets suspended and that actually bothers me as I don't want to disclose the reasons but often feel obligated for various reasons...

If I wanted to make it public I would post the reasons, would I not?

When one of the ladies gets suspended I get PMs saying "I was going to book with her should I be concerned" and this is a fair question and I struggle with this. Same with the ladies... I get "I have a date with him what did he do to get suspended"?

If (For example) the lady gets suspended for breaking the ad posting rules (because she refuses to read and follow the rules for posting ads on cerb) technically she is no danger to anyone that I can tell ... she just sucks at following the rules or does not respect the board enough to read the rules.

However if she is removed as we suspect her to be underage, bait and switch or robbing guys this is something you guys should know about but again we can never confirm this so posting it and having it be untrue would damage her reputation and business and again would not be fair so with the bait and switch I do usually comment and the robbing guys a dangerous encounters post is often posted before the lady is removed. (Same with underage) so I don't really need to announce the reason myself.

So what do I do...

If I post names and reasons I am technically calling out members who break rules and announcing what they did wrong (Not very nice and not very positive so I would be breaking my own rules)... If they did something like open a second account as a SHILL account (or for some other unexplained reason) and was caught red handed doing something they should not do on cerb I usually give them a 1 to 3 month suspension and a gentle slap on the hand (Rarely does it every happen again).

So... what I propose is this.

Guys... If you have concerns about someones suspension search for them using the search feature and see if anything is in the bait and switch or dangerous encounters about them.

If not, chances are they are just suspended for something such as having a SHILL account or because they can not follow the posting rules or they are fighting with other members on the board or something that really will not affect your date with the person (It may question her ethics but really chances are everything is fine). I do not suspend someone if they break a posting rule unless they do it ALL THE TIME... more than 3 warnings in a short period of time and I start to hand out suspensions.

Ladies... you can search the SP ONLY area or PM me if you do not have access about the guys who get suspensions if you have concerns about a male member who was suspended or banned. 99% of the time the MALE members who get suspended are posting negative reviews or being rude in chat so it is a good idea to avoid the male members who get suspended and ask me why if you are unsure.

Everyone... I don't like suspending anyone, it's not good for the site or the community to suspend someone who does not deserve it.

I do occasionally suspend people who waste my time ( I do warn them first but some people have no respect for the site or the amount of work I put into the site - those people are not welcome here). If a member is being unreasonable or trying to undermine (or challenge) my authority I will have no choice but to remove the disruptive person. To some this statement may sound like "power tripping" but I assure you that is not the case - people who do not respect the site, the rules and policies, ignore my warnings or do not respect the work that I do on the site to maintain the enjoyable atmosphere of the site will only have negative effects on our community - so they are not welcome here. These are often hard stressful decisions I am forced to make and I do not enjoy that part of the job in any way.

Remember... The way the site is run (and some really great members) is the reason why this site is sucsessful and enjoyable for everyone. You may not always agree with my choices but I do always have a valid reason for those choices. Having the site moderated this way ensures that it stays this way!

I hate to "toot" my own horn but if it was moderated like other sites... it would not be as wonderful!

• Like 1

I agree with the MOD on this one. If reasons are posted, it's just fodder for speculation and gossip which has been evident on here in other threads.

People do make mistakes and hopefully learn from them and come back. The ones that don't learn, don't come back.

Simple as that.

This deserves repeating.

I agree with the MOD on this one. If reasons are posted, it's just fodder for speculation and gossip which has been evident on here in other threads.

People do make mistakes and hopefully learn from them and come back. The ones that don't learn, don't come back.

Simple as that.

We don't need to rub it in , do we ?

( This site is run with an even hand that is rarely seen. That was my first impression when signing up a year ago, and remains so today )

This deserves repeating.

We don't need to rub it in , do we ?

( This site is run with an even hand that is rarely seen. That was my first impression when signing up a year ago, and remains so today )

The words "rub" and "Hand" got my attention. What were you saying?

(Sorry couldn't resist)

A very good point. The reasons for suspension vary, and some of them may give a potential client pause to set up a date with certain SP's (or MA's for that matter). For that reason we should be aware of practices like shilling, B&S, and other incidents of which, we as consumers should be aware.

If this is truly a community we need to know why members, particularly active and valued members, have "been dissapeared" for a want of a better term.

I disagree that it would automatically create more threads and dissension. If we trust MOD and the site owners to be fair and objective, than there should be no actions that they take, that should come into question. However, having said that, it is the internet.

The Bait and Switch area is for client to SP problems.

thanks BownChickaBown and mod for asking and answering I was also curios as to why someone was suspended

The words "rub" and "Hand" got my attention. What were you saying?

(Sorry couldn't resist)

By "rub" I mean, to rub salt in a wound. ( a public spanking is not required, (by most people))

By " even hand " I mean, fair and consistant.

"Having the site moderated this way ensures that it stays this way!"

Any suggestions on how we could get a case of beer (or favorite beverage) to Mod(s) ?

I'm one that has asked MOD about suspended users, but I didn't realize it was bothering MOD to answer. However, I did get a reply.

I understand firsthand the tough decisions MOD must make and I'm just glad it's not me! :)

I don't blame people for asking. If you have an appointment set up with a girl and she gets suspended I am sure you instantly think OH CRAP! ... but with a little searching you can usually tell if it was bait and switch or anything really concerning.

I'm wondering why some PM's from a suspended user disappeared from my inbox, whereas other PM's from another suspended user did not?

Is it normal for a suspended user to have all their PM's, photo albums, etc. disappear?

I'm wondering why some PM's from a suspended user disappeared from my inbox, whereas other PM's from another suspended user did not?

Is it normal for a suspended user to have all their PM's, photo albums, etc. disappear?

Could it be if they're temporarily suspended (e.g. a month etc.), stuff stays, but if they're banned for good, they disappear.

That's what I think it is.

The MOD would know for sure.

If the person was suspended for SPAMMING using the PM system I click the "Delete all PM's sent from this user" button when I suspend them. This deletes all the SPAM they sent. I think I know who you are referring to as a lady was removed today for spamming unsolicited ads by PM.