Ott. Official Christmas social thread

Hey mr. T

Was just curious on dress code have never been to a social not sure what to expect. Is it casual, semi-formal, or formal? For those gents that purchased the vip ticket that limo ride is return from down town correct?

Dress casual. Limo ride's starting and return point will be downtown.

To bad I have to work that thursday night I know it is going to be a blast have fun and excalent job to Mr.t and loneskater hope I can be there at the next one

Hey mr. T

Was just curious on dress code have never been to a social not sure what to expect. Is it casual, semi-formal, or formal? For those gents that purchased the vip ticket that limo ride is return from down town correct?

Dress casual. Limo ride's starting and return point will be downtown.

Hmmm...I don't know about the gentlemen or other ladies but I'm not going casual...lol

I love to dress up and there are not that many occasion to do so...so the answer is...dress as you are comfortable but remember...and I will speak for myself...I love it when a man dresses up:D

Bianca xxx

• Like 3

Hmmm...I don't know about the gentlemen or other ladies but I'm not going casual...lol

I love to dress up and there are not that many occasion to do so...so the answer is...dress as you are comfortable but remember...and I will speak for myself...I love it when a man dresses up:D

Bianca xxx

Good answer Bianca... And you always look wonderful at these parties ;-)

I for one will be sure to dress up casually... Tie or no tie, that'll be the question.

• Like 1

Good answer Bianca... And you always look wonderful at these parties ;-)

I for one will be sure to dress up casually... Tie or no tie, that'll be the question.

you'll never see me in a tie lol

• Like 1

I do not think that I own a tie anymore, well maybe one for funerals. However, I will have some strategically placed mistletoe and I will be looking for all of the ladies to give me a kiss just under the mistletoe. hehe

• Like 1

Maybe not in a tie, but tied-up perhaps? hehe

I do not think that I own a tie anymore, well maybe one for funerals. However, I will have some strategically placed mistletoe and I will be looking for all of the ladies to give me a kiss just under the mistletoe. hehe

Just be glad it's not a combo Halloween-Christmas party, as i might show up in a dress, stockings an a wig :icon_eek:

Ladies and gents, thank you for the great response. We have sold all the tickets before deadline expired.

We know form previous socials that there might still be some members out there that may wish to attend but could not commit due to scheduling. Therefore we will check with management at the venue to see if we can postponed the deadline till next week. Will let everyone know if that is the case.

In the meantime, if there are others that wish to attend, contact mistert, ALO management or myself. We may have cancellations and be able to sell you a ticket or you will have priority if the deadline gets postponed.

If anyone needs a ride to / from downtown, just send me a PM. I live in that neck of the woods and will be leaving around 745 or so.

Good news! as per my previous post, we have asked management at the venue for a deadline extension. They have agreed to give us a week to give our final numbers after which they need to order food.

Therefore, we can make an extra 10 tickets available while ensuring we will not be overcrowded! These tickets are for either ladies or gents and available on a first come basis. As posted earlier on this thread you can contact either mistert, ALO management or myself to reserve get a ticket.

If you missed the previous deadline this will be your last chance to join 75 other members who already confirmed their attendance!

Dec 4th will be the biggest OT social to date. This is your last chance to join the party!

• Like 7

I'd love to go if there's still tickets available! :)

Posted via Mobile Device

There are :-) .... I'll PM you details.

Ladies and Gents! 9 Days left till party time!!!

And what a party it will be. I just updated the attendees list and we are now up to 83 members coming to the xmas social! I have attended most socials and as far as I remember this will be the biggest social to date.

Great Venue, Hot and cold buffet, great entertainment and awesome people, it will be a most memorable social!

We were lucky to get a venue large enough to accommodate that many ppl comfortably. We may not have such a place next time and have to limit the numbers of attendees again.

Want to join the fun? We still have room for a few more members. Contact either mistert. ALO management or myself to get a ticket.

Don't wait too long. Deadline is this Friday, Nov 28th!

• Like 2

Remember one of the first socials I co-hosted, you wouldn't wear one then either and never let me forget it! Lol look forward to seeing you there!

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest *l**e

hate ties...rather die...lol

I'm sure all the ladies (and probably most of the guys too) will look more than good enough to compensate for my complete lack of style...lol

I am very glad I bought a ticket. I look forward to seeing my new friends I have made over this last while, and making more new ones. I hope its not to dress up. I do not own and do not want to buy a tie. I do however own one sweather

Were not fussy on the tie but forget the sweater or you may have to answer to a certain redhead I know. lol

8 Days left before the party!!!

I am wearing just a tie and mistletoe, the Hell with anything else!! I will be easier to unwrap that way!!

• Like 1

Hello everyone! Due to a cancellation, we now have a VIP ticket available either for sale to a member without a ticket or if someone that bought a regular ticket wishes to upgrade to VIP its only an extra 15 dollars for a limo ride from and back to dtown area!

I would like to remind everyone that mistert and I do not take even a penny as profit for this nor have we done so since we been organising the socials starting back in Sep 2013. As a matter of fact, those that have met me in person to pay cash, know that I drive a truck which is not cheap on gas. With the number of trips I have to take I easily burn a tank of gas which comes out of my own pockets. Mistert also spends money as well.

Therefore due to the fact we make zero profit from the socials, everyone has to understand that once we committed money towards the event we can not give it back to ppl cancelling at the last minute unless we take it out of our own pockets. To date we have paid for the limo and the entertainment. Deadline for tickets is tomorrow as we will have to confirm and pay for the food then.

Next time someone can't seem to understand when we say sorry no refund, think about how you would feel if you were on the receiving end of the complaint and you had spent close to 100 dollars of your own pocket to organise an event to try and get community members together!!!

• Like 9

And we are incredibly lucky that you guys do this for us. We all love to socials but few people would be willing or able to put in all the behind the scenes work to make it happen.

Thank you :)

Now go do your thing. I'm checking 8x a day for the location email lol I'm not even hosting lately and I'm on here more often. :p can't wait

• Like 3

Who in the Hell would even think to ask for money back? If you paid and can't attend, tough titty! Skater is right, he and MisterT don't get anything for all of their hard work, having said that it is not entirely true, Kimmie and I bought MisterT a beer one time, lol.

• Like 4

... Now go do your thing. I'm checking 8x a day for the location email lol I'm not even hosting lately and I'm on here more often. :p can't wait

We will be sending PMs to everyone this weekend. We are just waiting for tomorrow's deadline to pass so we can confirm a few final details with the venue management. We want to make sure we provide you all with as much information as possible.

Having been at the location many times already, I strongly believe you will all like it. As previously mentioned in my posts, there is nothing else in the building. Therefore it will make our life easier trying to make sure only invited guests are attending and make your life easier knowing no unwanted visitors are trying to sneak in or mix themselves within the crowd.

Still tickets left till end of day tomorrow if anyone wants to join

7 DAYS LEFT BEFORE THE PARTY! YAY!

BTW someone grab that VIP tickets within minutes after I posted. Just shows that sometimes patience pays off!

• Like 2

....Kimmie and I bought MisterT a beer one time, lol.

What can i say, dear sir? I'm a cheap date :icon_lol: ....

It'll be nice to be back in Ottawa for the evening to see everyone.

I also spotted the last of my supply items on my way back to my place earlier tonight; it would not be a Christmas party without a tin of home baked goodies ... and of course some Christmas presents to draw as door prizes.

• Like 3