Sometime Life Throws You a Curve Ball Right In The Heart

Thank you Lexy. I am so sorry for your loss.

Yes, it is very important to have problems checked out. I had a relative who complained of pain. Her doctors kept giving her antibiotics for bladder infections. She was a modest woman in her senior years. As she had a complete hysterectomy, she felt a pap test was not needed. So she kept taking her antibiotics and suffered the pain.

One day however, it became obvious that something was terribly wrong and went to emergency. They found a tumor on her cervix. It turned out she was stage 3b and started treatment. She fought a hard battle and succumbed to this disease. She was in her 80s when this occurred. She survived heart disease yet cancer ended up being her killer.

For women, even if you've had a complete hysterectomy, there is still a portion of your cervix attached. They cannot remove all of the cervix. Continue getting regular gyno exams. Don't ever think you are too old for these exams. Pay attention to your body and any pains you experience.

Again Lexy, my deepest sympathies for your loss.

• Like 2

So sad hearing someone so young succumbing to that dreadful disease. You have my most profound sympathy for your loss. Thank you for the good advice.

• Like 1

My condolescences on your loss, your story really hit home since I just recently learned my sister has cancer. I really know how you feel. For my sister, having a car accident and not getting over it a quickly as one should lead to early detection leaving us with some hope for recovery.

I fully concur with getting any changes in your health situation checked out. Also don't just take one doctor's word.

• Like 1

Lexy,

I have come to understand loss as a result of this horrid disease. The way that it can claim a life so swiftly and randomly, has an impact that can't be fully understood until you have seen it up close. (It was my mother last year for me.)

I know that the pain you are experiencing seems insurmountable. Time will not ever cure that completely, but it eventually will make it more bearable.

Know that you have friends here. My thoughts are with you.

Mikey

• Like 1

My mother's oldest friend, someone she'd known since they were children, also succumbed to undiagnosed cancer. She was old, she complained of hip pain, doctor prescribes a scooter so she can get around, the usual story. Women tend to ignore or don't push thru to make a nuisance of themselves when things don't feel right, especially that generation.

Sorry about your loss, it is always a tragedy when someone passes.

• Like 1

As my new BFF John Oliver might say........ FUCK YOU CANCER.....YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON......FUCK YOU!!

I'm well into double digits of family and friends that have have fought this battle and lost. I recall many years ago an article that suggested 1 in 4 or 25% people you know will face some form of cancer. These days those odds would look pretty freaking good.......

My mother, grandmother and aunt within 45 days of each other, my sister at 48, a cousin at 35 and on and on and on. 2 friends battling today.

So any time Cancer.......feel free to fuck off.......we're good here.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Lexy... while we have never met I know the pain of grief and loss that you have experienced... my thoughts are with you.

• Like 1