I was informed by a prospective client about an sp he was using for a reference that she would know who he was etc.. Yet she is not on any boards I use, so how would one go about this? I'm not going to search her down on whatever sites she maybe advertising, however the client seems legitimate..

Do I schedule an encounter and fingers crossed he's not a maniac or let him know I cannot see him, due to his reference being unavailable to speak with...

I was informed by a prospective client about an sp he was using for a reference that she would know who he was etc.. Yet she is not on any boards I use, so how would one go about this? I'm not going to search her down on whatever sites she maybe advertising, however the client seems legitimate..

Do I schedule an encounter and fingers crossed he's not a maniac or let him know I cannot see him, due to his reference being unavailable to speak with...

In my experience, the client asks the lady for a reference first and then he supplies you with her name, number, email, link to their ad and possible website.

The client is IMHO suppose to get permission and supply you with the contact information.

I don't ever cross my fingers, my gut is always top and then my other procedures.

Stay Safe and Smart!

Hugs,

Lexy

• Like 1

Ask the client for her contact information, he had to contact her somehow.

Oh and then yes you do verify it online, search the information given, that's a part of the job to verify that the information is legitimate. If you cannot find any information, you just have a phone number that is unlisted and not searchable in any way then for all you know you could be contacting a friend and it's not a legitimate reference. You are trying to ensure your safety, if you take that seriously then you invest time in it, if it isn't a high priority then you take a risk seeing the client which is entirely your prerogative. Still there is no point in asking for references if you are not going to check them, it's just busy work for both you and the client.

• Like 4

I suggest that you also ask the lady how many times they both have met. Personally, if the client has only saw the provider one time, I would consider the reference too weak, especially if she has no online presence. I would then ask for a deposit.

• Like 2

I don't believe any gentleman worth seeing would have any concerns with your screening process. Now what you actually do and in each case is completely up to you. However, if you ask for references then I think it is my responsibility to provide you with their contact details. I've also notified my reference to give them a 'heads up' that they may be contacted. If a client doesn't have or provide you with what you ask for...then it should raise a flag. However, I know ladies rely a great deal on their judgement and other tools to check us out.

If you have a process I would stick with it and us guys value and respect that you're putting your safety first. For me, a lady who values herself this way will probably also respect my privacy and discretion. And likely be fun to be with. If our values and beliefs in areas like this are similar...chances are our intimate time together will also be in sync.

XO

Cub

• Like 1

What I have always provided when a reference is requested, is, well first, I ask the lady I'm going to use as a reference for her permission.

Once I get her OK, I give the lady I want to see my reference's name, email, and website.

Here is a thread started by Emily Rushton which may be helpful

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166481

Just a comment about seeing a lady only once makes for a weak reference.

Some gentlemen just beginning in this lifestyle haven't seen a lot of companions, nor had a lot of encounters with just one lady

In my case the first time I had to be verified, I had four encounters, of which one was Great, the other three, well if I was on a review board you might have heard of them LOL. The lady who provided me that Great Encounter was my reference for the other lady I wanted to see. Was her reference weak because I saw her, at that time, only once. I'm sure glad the reference wasn't considered weak by the lady I wanted to see because she and I have enjoyed many wonderful memories. Oh and the lady who was my reference, she and I have since that time had many wonderful escapes too.

I think if a prospective client, especially a newbie complies with screening, is open and honest, but only has one reference, that in itself shouldn't be a weak reference. I can understand a reference from a lady who a guy hasn't seen for over a year being questioned, but just one encounter.

A rambling

RG

Not every client is a serial client, flitting from one sp to the next on a weekly basis. It might happen, but chances are someone's references are going to 'expire' or be with an sp who simply is under the radar and/or refuses to provide references or who might simply be a part time sp who puts the ad up only as long as it takes to get a single appt, then she is done for the month.

A client who sees someone like that might indeed be looking for a regular he can actually see on a regular not random basis. The reference might be vague and weak, but he should be able to give out a little more than a name. He should be able to say he saw her Oct 10, and contacted her by email thru her CL ad, which was posted on Oct 9, followed by getting a phone call from her blocked # to make the final arrangements.

But if he is new, he may have to be handheld thru the process, knowing for next time if he does see you, it won't be so painful for him to be able to provide a reference for the next sp. :)

• Like 1

Obviously the game is about to change but until now I've never been asked to provide a reference. Not sure why but maybe the manners my mother drilled into to me makes a difference. Thanks Mom :)

And it's not that I've only seen SP's that don't mention references, just never been asked.

Peace

MG

Was asked for references, once a few years ago. I had seen a number of great gals that vanished of the map previously. Contacted another well know hobbyist and was able to see the provider as he gave me the reference that was required to meet the screening process. Just another avenue for you to think about. Having a posting history on such a board, can give you credibility. So post on and be kind and sincere.

• Like 1

I have been asked for references and i am delighted to say i have a number of wonderful ladies who i have had the pleasure to meet who have been willing to provide them. I also would never give a ladies name as a reference unless she agreed first... kinda like any reference you would give... you ask first.

Just my Opinion

I don't believe any gentleman worth seeing would have any concerns with your screening process. Now what you actually do and in each case is completely up to you. However, if you ask for references then I think it is my responsibility to provide you with their contact details. I've also notified my reference to give them a 'heads up' that they may be contacted. If a client doesn't have or provide you with what you ask for...then it should raise a flag. However, I know ladies rely a great deal on their judgement and other tools to check us out.

If you have a process I would stick with it and us guys value and respect that you're putting your safety first. For me, a lady who values herself this way will probably also respect my privacy and discretion. And likely be fun to be with. If our values and beliefs in areas like this are similar...chances are our intimate time together will also be in sync.

XO

Cub

That's not necessarily true at all. I've seen some great clients that have only seen a lady one time. Not every client is a regular in this hobby, some see ladies very infrequently. And just as not taking references it all comes with an inherent risk.

As a general comment I would also like to say that just because a lady does not partake on review boards does not mean you should devalue her worth as a provider either or her judgement with clients. There are many reasons why some providers partake very minimally or not at all and I happen to be one of those providers.

My posts are very and always have been minimal because I run other businesses, this past year I was also in school, travelling and had a lot of things going on in my life, so boards were not a priority for me. I've been a member of this board for a few years and just started posting on it and it's basically because of Bill C-36.

I'm a very private person for the most part despite that I know a lot of providers, pooners in the industry and have rave reviews, I just like doing my own thing. I'm also very old school and we never had review boards, let alone internet when I first started.

I also would not recommend using an untraceable number to contact the reference either as someone suggested, in my opinion it will devalue you as a provider and they may not give you the information that you require. Being honest is always the best policy.

• Like 1

Guest C*****tte

I agree with squirtingmilf about her general comment about participation on review boards. I am a well established companion (after nearly 7 years, I'd like to think so), but I do not post regularly on boards or have many reviews. They are not something I encourage as I think every meeting is unique and I like to be able to control my own marketing as much as possible. Even if I did the majority of my clientele tend to be uber discrete and not write reviews.