Shooting at the war memorial in Ottawa

It doesn't surprise me at all. Given our foreign policy, treatment of Military Veterans, our track record with our Indigenous people, Palestine ... really ALL the bad decisions that our government has made is bound to come home to roost at some point. People are tired and those who feel it the hardest will eventually lash out. I'll be interested to see who takes responsibility and understand what has happened to them to bring it to this. There is always a reason, whether it is comprehensible or not by the general public.

At least we know it wasn't the Pimp Lobby. There wasn't a pair of fishnets or a fedora in sight...

cat

• Like 4

It doesn't surprise me at all. Given our foreign policy, treatment of Military Veterans, our track record with our Indigenous people, Palestine ... really ALL the bad decisions that our government has made is bound to come home to roost at some point. People are tired and those who feel it the hardest will eventually lash out. I'll be interested to see who takes responsibility and understand what has happened to them to bring it to this. There is always a reason, whether it is comprehensible or not by the general public.

At least we know it wasn't the Pimp Lobby. There wasn't a pair of fishnets or a fedora in sight...

cat

Unfortunately, if true, the individuals lashing out are targeting the wrong people,...not that I'm condoning in any way shape or form what they are doing...but it's innocent bystanders if you will being targeted, not policy makers I agree, it isn't surprising that some may act this way with policies the government brings out, but definitely not condoning or suggesting anyone even politician or policymaker should be shot

I'm more inclined to think this is part of a bigger picture, first the driver who ran down two soldiers in Quebec, who apparently embraced extremist ideas. Now today, three shooters in Ottawa.

RG

For a long-time resident of Ottawa, and a proud Canadian, this was a very shocking and sad day. It's easy to get angry and want revenge, but right now, let the EMS services sort it out and come to a conclusion on the matter.

I spent 6 hours in lockdown today because of this event, listening to ppl complain about being inconvenienced. I just sat it out and felt as long as I'm doing what in being asked to do and following what the EMS services are asking of me, I'm doing what I can right now.

Stay safe! Not just to the people of Ottawa, but to all Canadians, and to all people of all different denominations of life! It is precious, life, so grasp it, and enjoy it!

• Like 1

I think the EMS, police & Sergeant At Arms (Kevin Vickers) did a stand-up job. Brave reservist and memorial guardian Cpl Nathan Cirillo made the largest sacrifice in defense for his family and country.

More information will dribble in no doubt. I just can't believe this day. So senseless.

Pain. Much pain and grief inflicted on a peaceful small town.

My heart goes out to all those impacted by today's events. The pride for my country and those who serve has never been greater.