What makes you happy ?

Kind sincere words from a friend when I really need them.

My three Siamese cats,

My 11 year old nephew, I get to relive my life again and he reminds me of the joy and mystery in the world.

The hope of spring and plans for new flowers, gardens and just the joys of learning about gardening . I'm a late learner with an expert teacher.

A better relationship with my mother, neither of us are here indefinitely, I am cherishing out time together.

My belief in the spirit world and the comfort it brings, truly this is the area that makes most sense to me.

The possibility each day brings.

Additional Comments:

Animals, more specifically my dogs. I'm being repetitive but I was asked just the other day why I like animals so much so I'll add

when in their company-I'm never judged, they couldn't care if I'm dressed or naked, looking my best or worst, smelling good or bad, rich or poor, what kind of car I drive, how smart or stupid I sound, they are always happy to see me, no matter what. So in their presence I'm completely 100% comfortable and that makes me happy.

All good points Cristy, I love my cats because they don't drink my wine. They look at me like I'm the smartest person ever and all they want is love and to sleep at my feet. Can't beat that!!

• Like 5

The feeling of joy makes me happy.

Anything we ever thought that would make us happy whether it's a relationship, material things or even winning the lottery doesn't actually make us happy. It's the emotional feeling of joy that makes us happy in whatever particular circumstance in life.

Knowing what I know now, I cannot go back to thinking the way I did before... ever.

• Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

Sitting outside with a tea and staring up at the stars.

It expands my mind and I love the feeling it gives me to wonder..to make a wish..and to be under such amazing beauty.

Madam Secretary and State of Affairs.

Ok I know these are 'just' TV Shows.

But I am a political junkie and seeing women in confident and powerful roles is...well it makes me happy.

I've been extremely fortunate... being born in Canada.. lived here in freedom and relative safety.. being able to go to school.. turning on the tap and having clean water.. indoor "mr flushie".. all the conveniences of 'modern life'. Having spent time overseas in third-world nations (in both combat and civilian roles) makes me feel blessed.

Giving back to the community is a huge thing for me.. helping those who need help. Donating to a food bank.. helping out at a community garden (those plots of land that the city allocates so folks can grow their own veggies).. donating blood.. buying a coffee for the car behind you at the drive-thru.. things that make folks smile.

The thing that brings the biggest smile to this half-century old face of mine?? Donating time.. being there for others.. sometimes complete strangers. I'm a single parent and I take my teenage daughter with me to three seniors homes a month so she can spend an hour entertaining them by playing the piano. The pure joy on the faces of the residents is the reason my daughter and I are seven feet tall for the rest of the day.

Giving of oneself is the best gift and at least for me, a source of strength and reward.

CM

• Like 2

Without a doubt my daughter's have been and will continue to be the greatest source of true happiness in my life. Just thinking of them brings a smile to my face.

• Like 1

The thing that make me happiest is to be in the arms of a beautiful woman who physically shows me TLC! In those moments I can get totally lost in my fantasy world and get away from the problems and stress of everyday life. It is like having been away on a weeks holiday even though it may only last for a few hours at a time.

Things that make me happy:

- Listening to all sorts of music always gives me great pleasure.

- Intimacy. Laughs, a gentle touch.

- Knowing one is appreciated / loved.

- Taking a trip somewhere nice on short notice.

- Cuddly pets

This list could be added to ad infinitum, but i'll stop at 5. :)

• Like 1

when you receive an inquiry from someone and they turn out just like you hoped they would :-)

ah, there is a God after all, lol, and He hears our frustration at guys that are timewasters.

Just kidding. Had an awesome call from a gentleman, and there are actually those out there that read our ads, lol.

Who would have thought?

I'm happy because I am constantly able to interact with new people and hear their stories while sharing passions.

Other things that brings me joy:

- Talking to people who I casually meet and making them laugh at something

- Observing nature in a beautiful park

- Having the feeling that I learned something new

- Contributing to making someone happy who genuinely says: 'thank you'

Oh and before I forget: smiles are incredibly infectious too :)

• Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

Sunshine and digging for worms..

Taking my son fishing this weekend!

Waking up with my boys (my two cats). They are the best cuddlers ever! There's nothing quite like waking up to snuggles with two adorable and content cats to get the day started - or ended - on a great note.

• Like 2

Guest P*rry

Saying hello to people whether I know them or not. It's a bonus when I get a friendly a hello back. What gives me a bigger smile is when the hello changes into a stop with friendly banter. This makes me happy.

Things that bring me joy:

- Going for a long motorcycle ride. Something about being open and able to see nature as it goes by brings harmony.

- Being able to detect negative emotions and making it your personal goal to make them smile. I hate when people are upset, lifes too short.

- Laughing!

- Making the acquaintance of considerate and interesting people and experiencing them becoming friends.

- Observing nature and its splendour; rain or shine

- Canada - coast to coast to coast - the people and the scenery are awesome!

- Sitting on a patio on a hot summer day with a cold drink reading a good book

- Listening to music including songs with lyrics which make me feel and think

- Spending time with pets and appreciating how much they enrich my day while seeking so little in return

- A hot drink on a cold day - be it coffee, tea or hot chocolate (bonus - with cookies)

Recently celebrated my one year Anniversary in seeing the lovely Miss Carley Chase, some amazing memories, looking forward to this coming year very much.

• Like 1

Everything I can do to bring smiles to the faces of Others makes me Happy .. but something I do personally for solely "Myself" is diving .. i am amazed every single time I go under .. doesn't matter where in the world i do it .. it is so capitivating .. i have never seen such beauty above the waves :)

• Like 3

Guest ****emb******n

For me , it starts with getting a good night sleep. Some of the other things that make me happy are sunny days,nice cup of coffee,good food and exercise.