Email Notifications Acting Up?

Has anyone else noticed glitches in receiving emails when you have notifications on LYLA? The last couple days I haven't received any emails notifying me but have logged in to find some. I checked my settings and everything is ticked accordingly

• Like 2

Did not get any notifications for the last few days but did get them today.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Has anyone else noticed glitches in receiving emails when you have notifications on LYLA? The last couple days I haven't received any emails notifying me but have logged in to find some. I checked my settings and everything is ticked accordingly

I'm also having notification problems.

I've only had the problem for 3 or 4 days, but definitely haven't been getting the usual notifying emails..

Guest S****r

Same with me. No notifications that I have new mail, but when I log in, there is new mail.

Is it only Gmail impacted by no notifications or are there other email clients having the same issue? It's been about three days now for me. I do have filters in place to bypass spam and always put it in the inbox.

For those who are actually receiving email notification from LYLA, Would it be possible for you to PM me with the sender information from LYLA direct from a notification so that I might figure out what's wrong with mine please and thanks?

I was getting them but none this week so I just checked and my notification setting was turned off so that explains why I am not getting any.

Funny thing is I don't recall changing the setting.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Finally got to the bottom of this. The software that runs the server had a exploit (a bug) that allowed spammers to use the SMTP (Email Relay System) to send out spam emails from our IP address. This caused some of the mail companies to BAN/BLOCK/BULK email the site. We have informed them that this has been fixed so that they unblock us (we hope) this can take some time however and hotmail always seams to block the site.

• Like 7

Same here. I didn't know I had pms until I logged in this morning. :(

Additional Comments:

no...my email account is with zoho.com and no notifications either

Good job on fixing it, Mod.

But yeah, it may take some time to resolve. A lot of spam detection works by assigning a reputation score to other mail servers; if a server starts sending spam, its reputation goes down, and when it gets low enough everything from that server gets blocked. Once the server stops spamming then its reputation will begin to recover, but it may take some time before it rises high enough that mail from that server gets through again, and different mail services may have different thresholds.

• Like 1

Hi Eric

I'm still not receiving notifications to my account (Zoho.com).

Curious

Lilly

I know right? I had an appt this morning that had to be moved because of an emergency and she sent me a PM that I never got because I didn't log in. Thank goodness she texted me when I didn't reply.

I can try that but it's not that lyla emails are going into the spam bucket. They just never show up at all.

I'm having this problem as well.. I'm not getting any emails from Lyla.

(Not that I mind having to sign in everyday, but email notifications were quite helpful..)

-P

• Like 1

I have signed up with a email relay service. lets see how that works.

• Like 6