I haven't met many drinks I didn't like. I tend to bring wine if I'm meeting one of our lovely Lyla ladies, but I'm currently checking out the various microbreweries that have popped up around Ottawa over the last couple of years...

• Like 1

Guest Lep*******1**7

Mojito or a grolch in the summer.

Mojito Ingredients:

Original recipe makes 1 cocktail (but i suggest making a pitcher)

10 fresh mint leaves

1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges

2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste

1 cup ice cubes

1 1/2 fluid ounces white rum

1/2 cup club soda

Irish Whiskey neat (Jamieson) or red wine in the winter.

Red wines:

Shiraz (Syrah) -- California, Australia or France (Rhone)

- Served with steak, beef, wild game or stews etc.

Malbec -- Bordeaux region in France

- Served with anything meat based, mexican, cajun or Indian dishes

Pinot Noire -- Burgundy region in France

- Serve with grilled salmon, chicken, lamb or sushi

Enjoy. La moderation a bien meilleur gout! Moderation has a much better taste!

The most important quality in a drink for me...no alcohol. Let's just say alcohol and me really disagree with one another. Haven't touched it since 1980

That said, my main drinks are first, coffee. My needed beverage of choice in the morning. And during the day I have decaf coffee

Second, sometimes I have no alcohol beer. Has absolutely no alcohol

This is my brand of beer

becksna_large.png

Third, throughout the day and evening I usually have water...around six to eight glasses a day

And as of late, maybe a phase, but I like Virgin Caesars. I find I have to emphasize to waiters/waitresses no alcohol though...once ordered one and they gave me a regular Caesar, one sip, and spit out, I knew...there was alcohol in it.

I like the Virgin Caesars from the Keg the best

Anyhow a rambling over coffee number two

RG

Single malt whiskey straight up, and bubbly. It doesn't have to be champagne. There are really good Italian proseccos and Spanish cavas that are reasonably priced and delicious.

I haven't met many drinks I didn't like. I tend to bring wine if I'm meeting one of our lovely Lyla ladies, but I'm currently checking out the various microbreweries that have popped up around Ottawa over the last couple of years...

You may want to try the Nitro milk stout, then... Guiness like beer, much more creamy, to be enjoyed with friends and a nice steak!

Guest K***e D****ls

And I am currently enjoying a glass of New Zealand white!

For Kylie, I enjoy wine or champagne. It's nice to sip a bit while breaking the ice over dinner. Or sake if it's sushi. Sports or a concert, beer. I don't get into the hard stuff during an engagement. Maybe a bourbon neat after dinner. But I save the hard stuff for nights out with my friends. Jack Daniels. Where do you think the name came from? ;)

My current favorite cocktail is Hendricks and tonic, with cucumber. So refreshing!

'I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.' -Frank Sinatra

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Chilean White wines, South African and Australian white wines. Caesars, Whisky Sours and White rum and seven.

You may want to try the Nitro milk stout, then... Guiness like beer, much more creamy, to be enjoyed with friends and a nice steak!

I may or may not have had it. Who makes the one you're talking about?

Going to expand my drinks of choice here.

A Vesper martini with an orange twist

3 oz Hendricks

1 oz Kettle one

1.5 oz Lillet Blanc

Shake hard with ice, serve in a chilled glass, but only have one this drink will knock ya on your bum.

Old fashioned

2oz bourbon

Sugar cube

Bitters

Orange wheel

Cherry

Soak the sugar cube with the bitters muddle the add 1oz of bourbon and stir, add the ice then everything else, top off with soda.

A Danish Mary, something I think is far better then a Ceasar

2 oz aquvit (A dill liquor)

2 oz ruby port

Celery salt

2 dashs Tobasco sauce

2 dashs Worchestershire sauce

Tomato or clamato juice

Rim a glass with course salt and fine ground pepper, add ice then everything but the port and stir it well, then drizzle the port over the back of the spoon to create purple streaks that cascade against the red of the tomato juice. Garnish with a cocktail onion.

Oscar Collins (from the most recent food and drink)

1oz gin

.5oz simple syrup

Sparkling white wine

Add the gin and simple syrup over ice, top with sparkling wine and give a stir. Garnish with a lemon wheel and a pinched fresh cherry dropped right on top.

For beer Porters or stouts in the winter and pilnsers for the summer

And I just opened my first attempt at homemade flavored vodka, buy cheap high proof vodka cut a couple of orange and vanilla beans throw it all in a mason jar and let it sit for 40 days, then open and strain

Mixology is a hobby of mine I like ending my day with a decent cocktail, at my last count I was sitting around 30 that I can do off the top of my head, I own a respectable set of bar tools and the proper glassware.

To Ceasar fans out there I would highly recommend the danish Mary, it may just change your summer.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

I enjoy hot chocolate and Baileys during the cold seasons. Otherwise I like Amaretto Sour or Amaretto and Cranberry or Canadian Club and Ginger.

If wine, White and something not too sweet or dry.

I prefer beer - a nice selection of amber type craft beer is always nice. But I can live with good old Coors Light or Sleeman Honey Brown.

Mott's spicy clamato premixed caesars are also good.

But when it comes right down to it, Perrier Water with lime works as well.

in wine, I like German Reislings

in liquor, I truly enjoy very good single malt scotch, Auchentoshan 12 being one of my faves.

in cocktails, a nice Manhatten or Cosmo does it for me :-)

beers, I enjoy Guinness and Grolsch

I am too much fan of vodka and chili beer

Well, that makes you the first person I've ever heard of who likes chili beer :)

I love hot food, and I love beer, but... some things just don't play well together...

I'm going to admit to something I'm not proud of (actually, maybe even a little ashamed of), but I like buying Naked Grape wines. Usually from the Wine Rack when I'm buying groceries. For myself, I'm not picky when choosing wine (they all taste like fermented grape juice to me, so...). I actually once chose a wine because it had both the highest alcohol percentage in the store and a picture of a donkey on the label. I believe it had El Burro or something in the name. It was Mexican or Argentinian, or something. Anyways, curious if others have an opinion on Naked Grape, as I have a bottle of Pinot Grigio white that I have to work through.

(for the record, I feel the need to mention that when buying wine from the LCBO, post donkey label wine, I've learned to stick to the little vintage section they have set aside. It can be hit or miss, but the wines are usually well reviewed)

i enjoy my beers [ pilsner , mgd , bud , rickers , boddingtons , beaus ] with a couple ounces of jamesons for sipping .

also when not in a beer mood , crown & water is my go to .

I like to go with the flow and the mood...

A well deserved beer always feel good when I want to sit back and relax.

I also like a good glass of red wine (sweet, light) with a nice meal or cheesecake (yummy).

And finally, champagne is another favorite.... for a special occasion or simply to indulge in great company :)

In the summer, mojitos, pina coladas and beer are always refreshing.

Everything in moderation of course :)

I would have to say gin is my favourite drink. Other than a nice red wine, cab 2012 is one of my favourites for sure.