Please DO NOT repeat MY MISTAKE !

I am sharing this story with my fellow cerbites to show how even a momentary lapse of judgment can cause an unbelievable amount of pain and aggravation?.

Needless to say yesterday, after flying to O?Hare from London Heathrow, then deadheading to Pearson, I was exhausted, and fatigue was beginning to set in on my drive home.

As I neared my house, a cat ran out in front of my SUV, and I couldn?t avoid hitting the animal...?..I stopped, glanced in my mirror and saw that the animal was near death?..barely moving??but its injuries were grave?.and it would not survive?.

Without clearly thinking through my actions, I backed up over the cat to once and for all put it out of it?s misery??. In a state of shock, I drove home??not believing what had just transpired?.

As I began to tell my SO what had happened, the door bell rang, and there standing at my front door were two police officers?..

The officer asked if I drove a silver SUV, and I said yes?.

?did you just hit a cat ?? he asked

?yes, sir ? I said.

?did you then BACK UP and run the cat over again? he asked ?

?Yes, I did?

?do you realize the first time you hit the cat it was an accident, and the 2nd time is CRUELTY to animals ????and he added ?The cat?s owner IN HORROR SAW ALL THIS HAPPEN?

?Oh my God,? I said, ?but I did it to put the cat out of its misery, it was almost dead, and I didn?t want to leave it suffering?

The policeman told me the owner was beside herself and INSISTED I be charged with cruelty to animals?.and by the letter of the law, he was going to charge me?.

I asked if I could go speak to her, and let her know how sorry I was, and explain that I did this to put the cat out her misery?.

After some considerable discussion, the policeman agreed to take me over to the owner?s house.

As soon as I got out of the police car at the owners residence, the lady began to yell and scream at me??she was understandably upset..

I apologized and explained to her what had happened and how events spiraled out of control and it eventually lead to the painful decision I made to run the cat over?.the 2nd time?.

Seeing I was getting no where, I pulled $200 out of my wallet and offered her the money for her cat?.she accepted?.

At which point the officers ran up AND ARRESTED HER FOR SELLING ME HER PUSSY???..

LOL?..did I get you ?

Please do not get mad?..a little bit of humor goes a long way, and God knows we can all use it ! !!

I would have posted this in the jokes section..., but then people would have got it right off the bat.....

Next time you are in a group of people?.tell them this story, you will NOT believe how people react??!!!

SNK

Yeah yu got me. As I'm reading this I kept wondering how I would react.

I was thinking that I couldn't have backed up . I'm pretty sure I'd look for the lady with the pussy, offered to pay for any vet bills; hoped that we formed some sort of relationship. Then cad that I am, hoped that I got a crack at her pussy.

You got me. I was thinking to myself, that bastard, the least he could have done was try to find the owner instead of leaving the poor thing in the middle of the street.

Guest s******ecan****

Yeah you got me, although to be honest I did find the post a bit fishy because the idea that you would back up over the cat didn't seem to fit with the impression I have of you based on your past CERB contributions. I was relieved it was a joke.8-)

You had me going and I can see the humour inthis but this actually happened to my cat about 8 years ago. Someone ran him over and drove away. My neighbor found him under a truck crying and he was in shock. After a week in the hospital, a crushed lung, a broken leg with a steel rod put in it for a while and 3 K in vet bills later, he is still going strong. He is almost 14 years old now and glad I did not have to put him to sleep. He walks with a bit of a limp but is very healthy.

Like Angela said, I'm glad this is a joke. I am an animal lover and I consider my pets part of my family. If someone ran over my cat and then backed up a second time while witnessing the whole incident, I would be in jail for assault.

Thanks folks,

I was actually debating if I should post this or not, but figured most if not all would get my sense of humour.....

When I told this story to my father, who is a lawyer....he kept interrupting me, asking me if I have no common sense, how outrageous and dumb what I did was....and if all semblance of common sense had left my brain.................till I told him to STOP and listen.....

He didn't find it funny....lol, oh well......I guess that's what father's are for....

I too had a cat AND a dog hit by cars, and pair dearly to have them both brought back to full health. The cat unfortunately didnt have a long life, dying a few months later, due to complications from the surgery, but my conscience was clear...

Nicolette, you are right, they are a part of the family, and having to put one down a few years back made me cry like a baby......so much for being a macho guy !

SNK

You got me there too completely, I was upset until I realized that it was a joke. If God forbid I hit an animal on the road in an accident, I wont back up to finish her off but would pick her up and take her to the vet or animal hospital immediately lol. So that was why I become upset for a short while as why one should do this (no one would do this if it was a human). Oh, btw, I am animal sensitive likely not everyone felt that way but human rights, feminist rights and animal rights issues are touchy subjects for me. It was a funny joke. At the end (arrested for selling her kitty/pussy) made me laugh lol.

I kind of thought you were telling a true story until the part where you said you backed over the cat with your SUV. That sounds a little excessive (maybe it's just me that thinks so?)

Oh ya, the joke was kind of lame too, sorry :razz:

Guest c******n****h

Nice. I was scrolling down and basically skimmimg to see what happened. Came to a screetching halt! You had me completely sucked in.

Read this with my jaw almost on the floor! You got me! Thought it was funny as hell although I have been accused of having a twisted sense of humor!:sm185:

Good one!

But I can understand that some people might be in a state of shock!

And I was even wondering at first and really got caught up in the story.