Post Orgasmic Euphoria - how long does it last?

How long does your post-orgasmic bliss last?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How long does your post-orgasmic bliss last?

• a few seconds
    • a few minutes
    • an hour
    • a few hours
    • a day
    • a few days
    • no freaking idea what you're talking about

I got to wondering last night as I tried unsuccessfully to fall asleep... using an orgasm to do so amoung other visualization techniques...

I have seen many a man come to orgasm and viewed the delightful expression on his face and an afterglow.. and got to wondering. How long does that blissful feeling last? For me it's rather short lived.. only a few minutes. The feeling probably lasts longer if you include the memories of the person you shared it with (assuming your not alone).

The reason I got to thinking this.. is do men pay for that because it lasts longer in them than women?

Both sexes please answer and vote..

It depends on the orgasm and whether or not I have to move afterwards. Which is why I'm a big fan of a little post-coitus cuddles!

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest S**a*Q

I'm a few minutes as well... Women are different than men in that sense where we come out of it faster than they do.

I usually laugh *(somewhat hysterically) at the end of an orgasm... Lol!

Then I ask for a sandwich, roll over and go to sleep. :P

Lol!

I've never actually timed it, although after an evening appointment I tend to feel calm and relaxed for quite sometime. I've also found that a good session is very sleep inducing for this reason. I love just lying on my bed after the lady has left, taking it all in, traces of her perfume still on the pillows... the perfect way to drift off and get a good night's rest.

Depends on who I'm with (if anyone :oops: ), could last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. It's most intense just after climaxing obviously, but the euphoria and slight disorientation has lasted an entire train ride home from Kingston before (1.5-2hrs)...but for most encounters it usually lasts under an hour for me.

Depends on mood, how attracted you are to your partner, how good the orgasm was (despite what they say, not every orgasm we have is amazing), what is done after the orgasm, multiple orgasms or not, and how many good [visual] memories you can take from the experience.

Sometimes, as I make my way home, I get to thinking that everyone around me knows I just got laid, and it makes me smile all the way to my front door. I have to be extra careful sometimes driving home, since I feel incredibly distracted and slightly disoriented for the first few minutes to half hour...after that it's just blissful memories repeating over and over in my head making me smile/laugh/generally feel great!

Depends on who I'm with (if anyone :oops: ), could last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. It's most intense just after climaxing obviously, but the euphoria and slight disorientation has lasted an entire train ride home from Kingston before (1.5-2hrs)...but for most encounters it usually lasts under an hour for me.

Depends on mood, how attracted you are to your partner, how good the orgasm was (despite what they say, not every orgasm we have is amazing), what is done after the orgasm, multiple orgasms or not, and how many good [visual] memories you can take from the experience.

Sometimes, as I make my way home, I get to thinking that everyone around me knows I just got laid, and it makes me smile all the way to my front door. I have to be extra careful sometimes driving home, since I feel incredibly distracted and slightly disoriented for the first few minutes to half hour...after that it's just blissful memories repeating over and over in my head making me smile/laugh/generally feel great!

That about sums it up!

For me, the longer and more passionate the session...the longer the after effects will last.......

After a long, passionate, and steamy session the room will spin for a while.....thats when i know it was an affair to remember.....!

A FEW times, because we had marathon sessions, and MSOG, I could feel it in my legs and groin the next day or so.......but the initial euphoria is a few minutes.......

Lol!

Must remember to bring you a sandwich:grin: Lol

Carrie, I'm like you it only lasts a couple minutes. But I'm only speaking about the actual orgasmic euphoria. The serenity I feel lasts much longer. This stage has alot more to do with who I've been with and how deep the connection is. It can last for hours/days and pieces of it come back as I reach into the memory of the time we spent. Then I get to build up from those fading memories when I've been lucky enough to book our next encounter. I love the whole cycle....

I'm a few minutes as well... Women are different than men in that sense where we come out of it faster than they do.

I usually laugh *(somewhat hysterically) at the end of an orgasm... Lol!

Lol!

Here is your sandwich Sara, and yes a glass of milk to go along with peanut butter and jelly sandwich! RAWR!

dv1897032.jpg

Guest S**a*Q

Hehe, thanks Pete. :D Milk rocks too!!!

Now it's post-orgasmic nap time... :P

Hmmmm... I have been divorced over 10 years now... and that was freakin' orgasmic.... sooooo.... do you have a 10 year button???

A few niutes for the 'lost in space feeling', but as others have mentioned, te stupid grin on my face can last for hours...my co-workers know the the partof your question about 'paying'.. My grin lasts longer, and my 'i'm freaking superman ' feeling lasts longer, when i know my partner, be it sp or regular date, has had her world rocked as well... Gotta say, ive PAID an sp and repeated with her many times, if she's responsive and feeling it and enjoying me, because for me, honestly, thats where i get my most pleasure... knowing ive made her feel good....i can take care of my own orgasm, i do it everyday...lol... but making her feel good is what gets me off the most... as well as good company and conversation, that makes me feel comfortable... thats what i look for in an sp, in a nutshell.... if its mechanical or rushed, then even if i do have an orgasm its disappointing because the experience wasnt mutual... wow did i ever ramble on...lol anyways thats my response Carrie.... coming from your new Pearljam karaoke friend...lol

Additional Comments:

sorry, should have reread my last response, as the cursor was moving around and ,the first couple of sentences look like giberish..lol... was trying to say...my coworkers know what my all night(i work nights) stupid grin means.... actually they know it means i had sex... they dont know it was GREAT SEX, that left me with that 'I'm Superman' "king of the jungle" feeling...lol

This is all fascinating to me.. I have known that most men really enjoy it more if a woman enjoys what he's doing. It hadn't occured to me that that enjoyment can be carried over for several days.

I do understand the other point well as I use scenarios that have happened or ones I hope to happen for either masturbatory fodder or to help me ''get over the edge'' if I need it in a session.

What really got me going in this train of thought was a discussion on BDSM.. I have always reasoned that the person who enjoys pain.. is really a person who gets a much larger endorphine rush that the normal person that accompanies the initial pain and that's why they are into it.

Also.. when in the throes.. we pretty much all start to enjoy a little bit more roughness. If however not in the throes.. everything is either moderately boring or unpleasant and no-one wants to repeat the session.

Going a bit off topic now.. but sometimes I think a lot about what makes us tick both sexually and otherwise.

Anyone skydive? (I know Christine used to plenty and I've gone once). There's a euphoria that lasts for days!

Guest f***2f***

I'm in the same camp as 40. I get a much better feeling when I know or sense that my partner is really enjoying it and I've gotten her off. The after-euphoria is much heightened by this and if the chemistry is great then the euphoria will last longer. Generally I'm a repeater so the more I visit an sp the more comfortable I am with her and the more relaxed and euphoric I'll be.

:motion:

I'lI usually laugh *(somewhat hysterically) at the end of an orgasm... Lol!

Lol!

The worst part, I think, is when they are asking did I do anything wrong? afterwards...

This just got me reminiscing of my ex gf who was a clothing model, when making love there was always fireworks. In those days I had a mustache and a pinch and long hair down my back( what can I say I'm a biker ) and what I enjoyed the most was going down on her. She smelled like a spring flower and tasted oh so sweet, the smell would stay on my facial hair and I would do on purpose not to wash my face for a few days when taking a shower so the smell would stay near my nose. ( I did travel for work back then )

Needless to say some times I would get erected in the middle of the day just smelling it and had to manually pleasure myself until I would see her again.

So the answer to your question for me is a few days.

Only a few seconds for me but then again, I'm multi orgasmic.

Holy crap I guess so!!!LOL It so much fun playing, watching and listening to you, Nicki:-D

The first part of the tread was all about me.

I'm probably the elder statesman here, so my encounters are all about making a connection and experiencing real intimacy. It's so important for my partner ( business or not ) to relax and share the experience. If we can both orgasm, then the intimacy and afterglow of bonding when snuggling up afterwards, prolongs the experience.

As one of the other posters said I also like to laugh when I orgasm, maybe because I just had another great experience and I don't know how many more years I've got to enjoy these beautiful ladies.

The euphoric bliss that follows a fantastic encounter can last for many hours afterward and the wonderful memories that last forever.