WIT Congrats for 1000+ posts

WrinkledInTime, Congrats on receiving the well deserved Elite Crown. icon14.gif

I do enjoy reading the News articles that you post and your participation on the various threads.

Cheers and Happy Hobbying

Great contributions, WIT!

I really enjoy your posts.

Congratulations on elite status.

Guest s******ecan****

Congrats WIT....thanks for all the contributions!

Guest S***e

Congrats to WIT who continues to provide timely and interesting contributions/articles/posts for us to read with interest. All the best and thanks.

Spike

Congratulations WIT! Enjoy some ice wine (and maybe a special dessert!) and enjoy a day off - then get back to posting as the board wouldn't be the same without you. :)

Just noticed that myself WIT... congrats!!!! Your posts are always thoughtful and sagacious... you are like the oracle of CERB!

Well, congrats WIT. Our community is enhanced by members like you. Nice contributions to the board.

Bravo!

I wanted to add my congrats as well. I only have another 900 to go. Thanks for your insights. I really enjoy the input from the elite members.

Congrats WIT I always enjoy reading your posts,your contributions are a asset to this board! Well done sir!

Guest W***ledi*Time

Thanks so much to everyone for the good wishes!

Some reflections:

When I realized, over a year ago, that I was about to make my 200th post on Cerb, I was rather taken aback. I asked myself: How could I possibly have made so many posts here? I am by nature a very shy and reserved person. Obviously, in my case, anonymity had encouraged blabbiness.

The inevitability of 1000 posts, on the other hand, I have seen coming for months now. I haven't had 1000 thoughts worth communicating in my entire life, so obviously quantity and quality have not been going hand-in-hand here. Nevertheless, there it was. And here it now is. Clearly, not all crowned heads are created equal.

When I formally signed-up on CERB in 2008, it sure as heck wasn't to post stuff in the forums. It was to get access to the PM system so I could have a chance at having some fun with one particular great-sounding lady, who only accepted clients through Cerb. I had much earlier discovered the very existence of Cerb through google. The wise posts of some of the members had held my attention, and kept me coming back as a guest over a considerable period. Unfortunately, because I had read thousands of Cerb forum-postings in the months before I joined, I was also very aware of (what I considered to be) the condescending attitude displayed, and abusive language used, in a number of the older threads -- and I carefully told myself that I would never take the chance of getting involved in such a potentially unfriendly situation ... by ever putting even one post of my own up to serve as a target for other members to shoot at.

Well, after I had been on Cerb awhile, the realization gradually dawned on me that all this impolite stuff didn't seem to be showing up at all in current threads, and that the whole atmosphere here was much more friendly than I had thought it once was. (Credit for this, if I am not mistaken, is due in good part to the labours of Mod, as well as to the support of many many other members.) So, one day I ... made a post. So far so good, so another day arrived when I ventured to make ... another one. Down the slippery slope I went, till one day a couple of months later I was shocked to discover that I had 20 posts. Unimaginable! Well, you know the rest of the numbers story ...

1000 posts and two years later, I have been able to tap into the expertise and opinions of uncounted members, from which I have benefited greatly, and for which I am very thankful. Many opinions that have been written here on the forums I've agreed with, and many opinions I've disagreed with. Both categories are educational and enlightening. And in my time here, with few exceptions, almost all discussions have been very civil and diplomatic. There is a marvelous foundation of good-will and comeraderie here on Cerb. That's why I've stayed in the forums, and now find myself with so many posts that I can't begin to remember what they all might even have been about. Thank you, Mod. Thank you, guys. Thank you, ladies. I always at least try to live up to the standards you have all set.

Ha ha ... did you think I wasn't going to wax lyrical about the ladies? CERB is really, for me, the ultimate win-win "marketing tool". The combination available here of reading recommendations from the guys, and also reading the interesting and personable postings and words of the ladies themselves, is an amazingly effective "seller" in my case. It has made it easy for me to find wonderful ladies -- who are also of the right mindset to be able to also put up with me. A couple of my happiest liaisons have been with ladies I would not have "looked at" twice, had my choices been based solely on their websites or other ads -- it was their personalities as revealed on the Cerb forums that captured my interest in the first place. Win-Win. I win the grand prize of having some good fun; the lady's (consolation) prize for investing time on the Cerb forums is more (i.e., my) business (hey, I said it was a consolation prize!)

So far, I have been talking about "close to home", here in Nova Scotia. But last year I also put the power of the Cerb Tourist Bureau (ha ha) to work in planning one particular aspect of my vacation trip to Ottawa and Toronto. It turned out to be a very "educational" vacation for me. And the main lesson from my careful research was: Ontario companions are just as wonderful as Nova Scotia companions (and after all, there could be no higher praise for Ontario ladies than that!!) Every single one of the six ladies I met there were as interesting and personable as they seemed to be in their own Cerb postings ... a 100%- successful adventure like that would be impossible (and inconceivable!) without a place like CERB to guide and facilitate it. Talk about your win-win "marketing tool"!

So thank you again: CERB, Mod, Ladies, and Gents. I've kinda grown fond of this place.

Cheers, Wrinkled @1000

(most content: adapted from a post made by Wrinkled@200)

Congrats WIT! I always enjoy your insights - thanks for sharing!