What's a shower worth?

I believe most of the elite agencies have in room showers and your MA showers with you before and after. Other places have 1 small shower in the room but more often "its down the hall". Since in room tips are at your discretion, I certainly think the shower with MA is worth $20 more than the others. Comments welcome. (Please don't think I'm saying the whole tip is just $20)

Definitely at CMJ it is standard and part of their routine and included in the posted tarif. I'm not sure about the others, you may have to request it as all MAs are not willing to accommodate this option. As for cost it's like anything else, it's negotiable.

Actually, CMJ was the ONLY agency I have visited where this was included. Most of the others have had in-room showers available, but it was a "Take a quick shower and I will be right back" type of deal. The remaining few either had showers "down the hall" that were more for the attendants than the patrons, or were, sadly, absent.

I believe Boomer is correct in his post when he says that "...all MAs are not willing to accommodate this option". If you think about it, how many times a day would they have to re-dry their hair (potentially damaging it), and completely replacing their makeup (that gets expensive).

Now, playing Devil's Advocate, the attendants "touch up" their hair and makeup between appointments, but it is NOT the same as /replacing/ their makeup and having to dry/restyle their hair.

For those reasons, unless the attendant /specifically/ states that she/he -includes- a shower for two as part and parcel to the agreed upon rates, then the attendant MOST DEFINITELY deserves to be tipped. The amount is between to two (or three, or four... lol) of you.

• Like 2

All the MAs I've seen at Vibe have joined me in the shower. Same goes for CMJ. Paradise/Angels... some do, some don't (they're more likely to in the newer rooms with bigger showers, I think).

Agree with the OP... it's a nice touch when they do :)

• Like 1

At CMJ and Vibe, they always join at the beginning of the session and at the end.

I've only gone to ALO once and the attendant joined me for both also. At Angel, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. But I've never been charged extra for a shower. And shower time is sometimes more fun then the massage session :)

Usually they join you for the cleanup shower as they are also oily. So I can see that if they are busy, they would be taking a lot of showers if they had to take 2 for each client.

• Like 4

ive been to Vibe, and CMJ, and every single time except for once there was no hot water at the moment, I've always had the MA join me in the shower.

I feel it gets you in the mood, and you can chat with them to get to know them. at least that's what I do. but I do know Khloexoxo pretty well, due to the several times ive seen her, we still shower together and catch up :)

Many of the Indy's also offer shower before and after. It's all part of the fun. I've had many good memories start in the shower. It's one of the reasons that I like to see MA's. Sexy showers are part of the fun :)

• Like 3

If you think about it, how many times a day would they have to re-dry their hair (potentially damaging it), and completely replacing their makeup (that gets expensive).

Now, playing Devil's Advocate, the attendants "touch up" their hair and makeup between appointments, but it is NOT the same as /replacing/ their makeup and having to dry/restyle their hair.

Unless part of the appeal of showering with your provider is washing her hair and face I don't see why anything above the neck needs to get wet... I have always showered with clients at the start of each session and I have only ever been spritzed above the neck(with hair tied up) a few times by accident(me being in shower wand-control is key in avoiding this I have learned), with a handful of other occasions were just me losing control of myself not caring about getting my hair/makeup wet... Ah, the memories, lol!

I think as long as the MP has a shower wand, is good at multi-tasking, and keeps a good handle on themself until the table(can be hard to do, lol) it is a great opportunity to share some nice face to face moments with someone. Unfortunately, some providers(mainly SPs) I have spoken to about this are simply unwilling or unable to provide this out of fear they will get drenched.

I personally really relish the opportunity, especially with new clients. To have a bit of face-time before they're face-down on my table is awesome, and as a bonus being completely sure my client is sparkling clean and feeling fresh makes my sessions that much sexier!

Many thanks to Jasmin of CMJ and Michelle MA now at VIBE for introducing me to massage and sharing the shared shower session starter! :icon_smile:

• Like 7

Thank you for the insight, Bethany. I can see where it takes a LOT of skill to keep your hair and face -mostly- dry during a shower4two, and yes, the BEST MPs offer it as a matter of course. I guess what I was getting at was that sometimes mistakes happen (and I totally forgot about the shower wand) and the ladies end up drenched by no fault of their own.

Then, there are the "second-tier" of MPs that have in-room showers, but it is -usually- only for the client for a quick wash pre- and post-massage. A shower4two would include an extra tip for the MA, and we can all see where that continues to go. what I call the "third-tier MPs" do NOT have in-room showers, and have one "down the hall", mostly for the MAs use; but the clients can use it if they ask. The less said about this tier (and any other lower tier) the better.

• Like 3

Thank you for the insight, Bethany. I can see where it takes a LOT of skill to keep your hair and face -mostly- dry during a shower4two, and yes, the BEST MPs offer it as a matter of course....

... what I call the "third-tier MPs" do NOT have in-room showers, and have one "down the hall", mostly for the MAs use; but the clients can use it if they ask. The less said about this tier (and any other lower tier) the better.

You are most welcome Satai! It can take a lot of skill, my tips for providers: be really organized(keep soap bottle handy, opened, tuck wand under your arm when necessary for both hands to get soapy, etc.), install a shower wand(I even used to bring one to the hotels I would sometimes see clients at, such a geek, lol), be sure to tie your hair up, move slowly and steadily, and stay in control- save it for the table!

I agree with most of what you say, but even though I don't get many massages like the ones we talk about here, I don't think it's fair to exclude everyone who doesn't have shower access from the "BEST MPs" category. I haven't been scoping out the competition's reviews as much lately, not being so active on the board lately, but I imagine that there are some stellar ladies who simply choose to work out of locations without shower facilities for myriad reasons; proximity/location, exposure, contentedness with/loyalty to their first employer, friends, culture, etc.

I think the more that is said about any amazing providers, the better, especially sharing details about the facilities so perhaps people aren't disappointed if they had had expectations that are simply not available at that location.

I think we all should give thanks, and reviews whenever deserved, even if there is no shower, and remember that this site and others like it(Yelp, Tripadvisor, etc. for other businesses) can be a great source of new business. Which reminds me, I have a review to write about my last vacation, it was awesome, lots of showers there, lol!

• Like 4

I am a big fan of getting messy with MA's. A shower is pretty much a must at the end because we are oh so sticky and, well, extra sticky... So it helps if the shower is in the room. Otherwise, your shower robe will get... (you guessed it)... sticky.

In my opinion, if you don't have water splashing all over, lips and tongues everywhere and completely drenched... you're not doing it right and missing out on the shower passions. I am ever so grateful that the MA's I see are willing to shower with me before and after and none have complained of getting too wet... (well, maybe in some spots :icon_lol:).

I stand by my favorite recommendation... CMJ is beyond amazing!

• Like 1

For some of the fun times I've had in the shower I would say :

Priceless. Something's things money can't buy. But for everything else there's MasterCard :)

• Like 2

...but I imagine that there are some stellar ladies who simply choose to work out of locations without shower facilities for myriad reasons; proximity/location, exposure, contentedness with/loyalty to their first employer, friends, culture, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I have met a wonderful lady (you KNOW who you are ;) lol) who works out of a MP that, unfortunately, has no shower available. I was talking about places where cleanliness IN GENERAL is an issue, not just the lack of shower facilities.

• Like 1

Last year I had met couple of women that I had met at the spa, and now they were Indy. One was a lot of fun, but did not have a shower at the location she shared with another woman. Had to do a sponge bath. Not the same :(. Then another 2 did not shower before or after. I still had a great time in other ways. But I just love my showers for 2. Had some of the best times in the shower :)

I have experienced different scenarios at all the locations mentioned in the thread, even the popular ones mentioned:

The MA will say, go in the shower and I will join you in a minute. But she did not return for about 5 minutes when I am about finished. Then when she returned, she said, Oh, you are about finished, lets go to the table. I think the timing was planned.

Another scenario that has happened was-she would join in, but has no interaction, she would just stood there, stood away, soap herself, wait till I am done, then she would shower herself and get out. Showing totally no interest. Again this has happened at all the mentioned locations.

I think just having a shower may not mean anything-it is the individual provider that makes or breaks the fun of shower.

• Like 2

I've always had great shower time at CMJ, at Vibe and at Brass Club and ALO.

A few times at Paradise and Angels the girl girl did not shower with me at the beginning but at the end. But I think it depends on the girl and how busy they were. Some times I think they didn't want to get their hair wet. Other's have been taking showers all day and find it dries their skin out. But fun shower times are a lot of fun if you find the right woman. :)

It is just so nice to decompress with a warm shower with an MA after a session, when your head is still spinning and you're trying to process everything that just happened.

But it isn't necessary... the smaller spa that got me into this doesn't even have showers I don't think, and it's not something that makes or breaks my personal connection with the MA for the most part.

My most memorable experience at a massage parlor was in Laval where I was introduced to all the ladies available for the massage. After making the difficult decision on who to give me the massage the attendant said I could shower and the young lady(Mia) would be coming in 5-10 minutes. To my surprise I just got undressed and was walking in the shower, she walks in the room and asked if she can help me shower. After .5 seconds of reflection I shook my head up and down because I could not talk.

What came next was a wonderful strip tease 2 feet away from the glass door. Why did I put the damn water temperature so high, the glass was steaming up giving my eyes a hard time to see.

She joined me in the shower at the beginning and the end of the session, this gave her a $40 tip for doing so.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority here but I don't offer a shower for two. I think the biggest part is I take time to do my hair and makeup and have had a few fiascos where I had to basically take off all my makeup and redo my hair due to those pesky and at time uncontrollable shower heads.

However, I do offer a bath tub experience for two on my hour massage appointments in a big roman bath that I have. It's great on a cold winter's day and really nice to relax in. Ultimately I don't get wet above my chest. lol.

• Like 5

I make (and sell) a lot of weird/diverse stuff. I'm pretty handy, and a problem solver.

Now I'm interested in what way a shower wand could be improved for this purpose. I've never had this experience, so don't have first hand knowledge of the process.