Get to Know Me Better - Some Trivia About Me

I've had fun reading about the quirks and trivia of other CERB members, and I'm fairly new to the community, so I thought I would write my own post.

So, some funny and interesting things about me. . .

1. I learned that I have a passionate love for website design when I started making my companion website. I have several friends who actually do web development for a living, and I wouldn't let them touch a single line of my stylesheet. I have been learning as much as I can about web design ever since, and have built a few sites and even started freelancing this year.

2. I love discussing philosophy and physics (from a layman's perspective, unfortunately, as I neglected physics in school). I think any idea of humanity should take into account all of nature and should be skeptical of exceptionalism.

3. I have a dog. I talk about us as though we are a pack (a very, very small pack) and I never refer to myself as her mom, but as her alpha. I think if she understood, she'd probably find it quaint, since she has been part of a real, semi-wild pack.

4. I am TERRIBLE at selecting a favourite anything. I have to break favourites down into sub-categories with qualifiers, and on top of that a caveat that tastes change. In art I never know if my favourite thing is the one that had the most influence on me or simply the thing I enjoyed the most. I love Rococo, but it's never brought me to my knees.

5. I used to have an average fear of spiders, but so many large ones have invaded my living quarters (or crawled off trees and onto my face) over the years that I'm now pretty nonchalant about them. I usually capture and release. But if I think I've spotted the same one in my house again I often kill it (as mercifully as possible).

6. My nonchalance regarding spiders is counterbalanced by an irrational aversion to moths. I will run away from those powdery, fluttery demons.

7. I don't like the CERB emoticons. Smiley faces with lipstick and/or feet creep me out.

8. I lost my virginity in a threesome when I was 18 years old.

9. I do not own a microwave. I used to have one but it died and I never replaced it. I only miss it when I want to reheat coffee.

10. Despite being an apparent coffee snob, I am guilty of reheating coffee. When there is a microwave available I will use it, but at home I put it back in the pot and turn on the element for a few minutes.

There you have it, a little about me. I hope I've amused you for a minute or two. I look forward to reading more posts as the thread grows.

Cheers!

Georgiana

• Like 1

I make sure to learn something new every day.

I used to be incredibly tightly-wound, but I've learned to go with the flow and am now one of the most relaxed people you'll ever meet (:

I love classical music, especially 20th-century and beyond.

The arts will always be my passion.

I lost my virginity when I was 16 - a day I had been waiting for since I was 12!

I love kink and fetishism, and think it's really hot to see all the different things that turn people on. I'm always game!

I love fantasy and sci-fi - Currently reading A Song of Ice and Fire, it's so good!

I have 3 tattoos and 7 piercings.

My favorite gaming system is the N64!

I spend too much money on clothes. I have a wardrobe that could clothe three men. Oh well looking your best isn't a terrible thing to be guilty of.

I shaved my head once...I am no longer allowed to do it again.

I have a temper which I strive to control.

I love visiting new places but I hate the travel portion of vacations.

I love performing on stage even though I can't sing.

I consider myself a good public speaker...but I get so afraid of making mistakes.

I write better than I speak.

I will do anything for a friend.

I will do nothing for someone who has betrayed me!

I am a very "black or white" type of man...I don't have a grey area to speak of.

I have had a cat my entire life.

Just a few things about me.....

One of my favourite things is the way it feels when slipping in between clean cool sheets with freshly shaved and lotioned legs.

I love lilacs.

I love driving a sled, dirtbike or quadrunner and often ditch my helmet in the bush. (I know not safe!) haha

I speed...ALL the time!

Im forever losing my keys. House keys, car keys you name it.? I lose them.

I rarely watch TV, but when I have time I love movies.

I love the silence, in fact crave it. (which is probably why I dont watch Tv) lol

Fall is my favourite time of year.

I always trust my intuition.

I spend time reflecting and improving myself, as often as I can on the inside because I think we can learn something new about ourselves everyday.

And, sometimes I ramble...see above :)

I am pet free. Even the thought of cleaning pet poop makes me gag.

I have heard the line, "They have curved swords, CURVED SWORDS" way too many times.

My bed has way too many frickin' pillows.

When boobs stare at my eyes, I stare right back at them.

I never understood the logic behind the phrase, "That guy has horseshoes up his ass." It apparently means he is lucky. I am thinking, "Damn, really frickin' unlucky. That must hurt like a bitch."

I had two things clipped when I was a baby. One was my tongue.

I was angered at the age of 4 when I learned that the numeric sequence "...fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety..." was not followed by "tenty, eleventy, and twelvety." To me, it just made sense.

Louis St Laurent, John Diefenbaker and Lester Pearson all rubbed my head when I was a kid.

I can't remember a time in my life when there wasn't at least one jar of Noxzema at my mom's home.

I am confident that I never again will beat my record of 48 times in 1 week. I believe that the last 6 times in that stretch, nothing left my body except for dust particles.

I have a fear of baby stealing dingoes.

I am pet free. Even the thought of cleaning pet poop makes me gag.!

Ummmm..... You Are A DOG !!!

Look hunny..... I go POOF !

Sooooo lets give er a try.......

My name is Lee .... and I am crazy but lovable but crazy ;)

I grew up Amish .... I turned 16 and my Pa wouldn't give me my own horse so I l ran away, lied about my age and joined the Royal Canadian Air Farce to fight for our country. Turned out that was just a comedy show and they didn't like my humor anyways and told me to leave ;(

Seriously folks

I failed grade two and skipped grade four .... now days you Can't fail

I was a great athlete when I was young.... now I am not.... just rounder

I could dance when I was young....now I can't....except when I am drunk then of course I am the best dancer !

I eat ravioli out of the can cold....yum

I believe Kraft dinner, Cheez Whiz, bacon, tomatoes, Rye bread and a toaster were perhaps God's greatest food creations.....

I lost my virginity at a drive-in movie and can't remember the name of the movie .... is that bad ? ;)

I believe Austin Powers will save the world someday ! and also I believe that my Ex Wife was a Vembot

I always want the red rocks when curling, has to be black tape on my hockey stick, faithfully two practice swings before I hit the golfball over the road and I always take the first pitch in fastball....sports rituals

I used to never notice tattoos.....now I love them and the story behind them

I have had a clean shaven head and a goatee for 20 years..... and a hairy chest like animal ;) haha go figure

Young ladies in their 20,s and daughters of my friends squeeze my ass and rub my shaved head and goat at parties and invite me home .... Jesus christ quit that !!! Not good...not good

I believe....next year...the Flyers will win the cup....the Eskimos will win the Grey Cup, the Red Sox will win the World Series, the Steelers will win the Super Bowl and Anna Kournikova will want to play tennis with me naked.

Who woulda thunk it ... but....Cerb the last couple years and the ladies that I have met in person as well has been a little piece of heaven for me....thanks folks

True story that I still laugh about.....I was 19 and in the bar and a dude was groping my girlfriend .... I made his nose bleed...oops. So when we left at the end of the night he was plastered and tried to follow us....got in his car and promptly drove into the back of a police car.... I stopped to see if all was well. The cop walked up to him and asked "what is going on here sir" ....... he replied " I don't know....I just got here myself occifer" hahaha he didn't drive again for 5 years. I will never forget that one :D

Cheers :chug:

I

1. I have a degree in chemistry.

2. I am missing most of my right ear - luckily I have still have a nice mop of hair so it is not very noticeable. In fact people are surprised when they find out - they tell me that my hearing is really good.

3. I was born and raised in the Ottawa area.

4. I once was caught peeing in a back alley in Northern Ireland during the height of "the Troubles" by a British Army patrol - Thank God for my Canadian accent.

5. I spent eight months working at Newfoundland lighthouse stations. The Canadian Coast Guard crew I was working with liked to "sign" me up for the Screeching ceremony that the local pubs would do for the tourist. I was officially "screeched" eight times. I have kissed cod, puffing butts and a really old cod fisherman ..... the last one involved tongue !! Needless, to say I almost had to sign up with Betty Ford when I got home.

6. I probably know my way around New Brunswick better than the locals. My previous job meant I did a lot of driving in the Maritimes, especially NB or as Mary Walsh calls it - the Middle East.

7. For some reason I am a hardcore Cleveland Browns fan.

8. I'm actually a pretty good cook. I can make a mean jambayla and damn good seafood gumbo.

9. I like driving the backroads when I go on a trip. Much more interesting and a lot of times you end up getting to your destination just as fast.

10. I am almost always on time and if I'm late I really get flustered.

11. I have two types of skin colour - pasty white and lobster red.

12. I love history - any type. Comes in handy during trivia night.

I am now drinking moonshine.

I have to get up at 4:30 to milk my cows and it is now 11:26.

I have re-read all 14 pages of this thread and still think it's the best thread on CERB.

I hope I can get to sleep. My heifer barn is 100' from my house and #437 is dead in heat and has been screaming for a bf since this afternoon.

My wife should be more like #437.

• Like 1

1. I am trying not to give myself away here, ha ha

2. I am nearing the age of 50 and keep thinking, where did the time go

3. My adult son and daughter remind me that I really am actually reaching the age of 50

4. My daughter at the age of 19 (4 years ago) appologized to my wife and I for her adolescent behavior... but I think she was hoping for a handout.

5. I'm a professional who is reasonably well paid and well respected... little do they know about my secret life as a hobbiest.

6. I avoid service providers who look remotely like my daughter... just in case (I can't quite figure out how she makes ends meet sometimes, not sure I want to know).

7. When I was first married, girls I worked with seemed to find a wedding band attractive... I had an affair within a year of getting married. My wife figured it out, we reconciled, and I didn't cheat again... for several years until I discovered SPs, but the best part is she still thinks she can tell when I'm cheating, ha ha to her.

8. My wife would be a MILF -- looks at least 10 years younger than me, but is actually older... but rarely seems interested.

9. My wife may be cheating, but I'm hardly on any high ground to complain.

10. I'm a cynic that believes that happiness can only be assured by assuming that everything will go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong.

11. I have sampled service providers in 4 countries on 3 continents.

12. My favourite form of music is opera. I've only seen operas in 3 countries on 2 continents (and they are the same countries that I've seen SPs in).

13. My job allows me to travel a fair bit, but my employer wants us to cut back on travel.

The trick is to not reveal so much that I give away my "secret identity". Here goes:

1. My first cat came into my life via an open window, begging for food and with a fishhook in his mouth. The people we lived with at the time named him "Hooker".

2. Later, my (then) wife and I moved into a place of our own. Sometimes the cat would not come home. She would drag me out onto the street to call for it. "Hooker ... Hooker ..." Yeah, the neighbours didn't talk to us much.

3. After awhile, she thought it a good idea to change the cats name. Having been recently "born again", she decided on "St. Francis". So then I'm trolling the streets yelling "St. Francis ... St. Francis ...". The neighbours still didn't talk to me.

4. We raised three beautiful children together. She died of cancer several years ago. I was holding it together on the outside, but pretty messed up for awhile both before and after.

5. Thankfully, I found a wonderful woman (via the Internet) and remarried. I'm in my fifties now, but she is younger and being with her encourages me to think and act young. She also loves sex. I am a very lucky guy!

6. We deliberately left out of our wedding vows anything to do with monogamy or fidelity. This was her suggestion, and it was fine by me!

7. My best friend in grade 5 is still my best friend today. We live many miles apart and often don't see each other for months or even years. But whenever we do, it's as if no time has past.

8. I was a nerd in elementary and high school. And punished for it! But I always kept in mind what it says in the Bible: "The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth" (or something like that).

9. I went to a Catholic elementary school. I still have visions of nuns hovering along the halls. Apparently, they've evolved feet since then.

10. The nuns imparted upon me a strong sense of morality and ethics. (Ok, maybe those lessons didn't take -- I am a member of CERB after all!)

Well, that's a start. Perhaps more a little later. Must get to work now ... it pays the bills. (I am, however, quite fortunate to have been steadily employed doing work that interests and challenges me, for a company that has been good to me for many many years!)

Love this thread ... it's been interesting getting to know everyone!

• Like 1

Interesting thread. And thinking about it is actually hard.

One does not want to say too much yet, just enough information that could seem relevant. Or maybe not...

1) I am a capricorn, born between Christmas and New Year.

2) I am the youngest of 3 children; an older brother and my twin sister.

3) I have a degree in engineering.

4) I am well-versed in new-age and esoteric theme, as I worked in that field before.

5) Favorite TV shows are construction-related: Holmes on Holmes, DIY Disaster, Income Property.

6) Own some rental properties and did a lot of house-flipping renovations; would even consider myself an expert.

7) Some would say I am a hoarder but I see myself as a collector (of good stuff, not garbage).

8) Lost my virginity at 19 when a student at Ottawa U.

9) Don't like travelling; what's the point of discovering distant cultures when I don't care how my neighbor lives.

10) Speaking of neighbors, never talked to him or her in 3 years. I am somewhat reserved!

11) I never: smoked in my life, did drugs, had children or rode a motorcycle.

12) I always do my own income tax.

14 I lost my virginity either at 18 or 20 depending on how one defines "sex". The girl I was dating at the age of 18 didn't put it in, but rubbed it against her naked body. Was that sex?

15 I'm a Leo, meow, but can't be more specific.

16 I find life to be a great adventure.

17 I've reached an age where I no longer worry about things... I just assume the worst, and then laugh about it.

18 I'm terribly rounded, but I work out regularly and am trying to be as active as possible.

19 Only two service providers have complained about my weight... a girl in Austria was afraid I'd crush her... I didn't.

20 I should be working right now, but I've got other things on my mind...

21 I've been faithful to my wife for 25 years (been married 26) -- except for 23 service providers -- does that count?

22 I remember every girl I've ever been with and their names (or stage names in the case of SPs). Actually I was about to say except for my first near sex experience, but then I remembered her name too.

23 In my professional life I'm terrible at remembering peoples names, but after sex apparently, I can remember a name permanently.

24 I've never called out a girls name during sex... which is a good thing.

Edited by nntsci
grammar

Well I came up with six things you may not know about me

1. I hate ice-cream

2. I had a child when I was a teenager

3. Pets and I don't really click

4. I love heights, and things that scare me

5. I don't believe in having children you cannot afford to put through university

6. I love socializing

Young ladies in their 20,s and daughters of my friends squeeze my ass and rub my shaved head and goat at parties and invite me home .... Jesus christ quit that !!! Not good...not good

You have a goat? Cool! :icon_biggrin:

1) I just recently moved back to Canada after many years abroad - it feels good deep down to be home.

2) I have a Ph.D. in neuroscience - ask me anything about brains!

3) I never left school - have a great job as a university professor.

4) I try to exercise regularly and feel guilty when I don't.

5) I love modern interior design and architecture - hope to build a small, modern home in the next 5 years.

6) I get frustrated when colleagues say or do things that lack common sense. Academics love to argue and they are typically good at it. Luckily, as they say - the arguments get so heated at universities, because the stakes are so low!

7) I am a new hobbiest. I very much enjoy this new aspect of my life, however, I'm not sure I like this term. Alternatives?

• Like 1