Get to Know Me Better - Some Trivia About Me

"Knowledge is learning something every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day." (Zen Proverb )

Love this!

When I let go of something everyday, people point with accusation. They ALWAYS blame it on the dog. I can't help it... it just feels better....

Some things you may not know about me:

I love to joke around. I can see the humor in almost anything. i love to make people laugh and mostly I laugh at myself....

I love to listen to the cello

also the harp but mostly the cello

I love many genres of music..except country...shivers

love love love art...especially abstract and surreal {I used to represent a few artists and had 2 showings in nyc}of couse one of the artist's is my son.

I love to travel and someday i will see the world.

I love to help people..especially children...

I volunteer for some non-profit organizations

I hate cats and have 3

I love dogs and have none

there you go a few things you may not have known... 8)

Guest S**a*Q
Hey you stole my line, Meg - me either.

More trivia - this one's for you Meg:

- I once ate one of those baconaters and almost died trying to digest it.

I ate a baconator with double bacon once... My old boss and I thought we were having heart attacks for 4 hours afterwords.. Hehehe...

MMMM Bacon...

sara...i remember you eating that baconator. Lol. I had one because of you. Slight palpitation but so worth it!

Posted via Mobile Device

My experience with the baconator will never be forgot and, alas, never be duplicated. Although all that bacon is WONDERFUL, the hours of feeling like crap afterwards is disgusting! Speaking of bacon, anyone ever had thick cut crispy bacon dipped in chocolat ganache? HEAVEN!

About me....

Scared of heights

Addicted to shoes and boots

Use the same purse until it falls apart

Clean freak - bordering on OCD

My favorite colour is purple with red a close second

I am constantly getting pedicures but really don't care too much about me finger nails so I keep them short.

Have always been accused of sending one-line emails (not just to you - you know who you are)

Drink a ton of green tea in the morning but only after my one cup of coffee.

Like to spend a long leisurely time getting ready in the morning.

Am retired

About me....

Scared of heights

Addicted to shoes and boots

Use the same purse until it falls apart

Clean freak - bordering on OCD

My favorite colour is purple with red a close second

I am constantly getting pedicures but really don't care too much about me finger nails so I keep them short.

Have always been accused of sending one-line emails (not just to you - you know who you are)

Drink a ton of green tea in the morning but only after my one cup of coffee.

Like to spend a long leisurely time getting ready in the morning.

Am retired

Goodness...You're me, but prettier!! :grin:

So I was searching for a specific thread and came across this one. With so many new Cerbies, I thought it appropriate to bring this thread back into circulation as I find it facinating to get a quick snapshot of the various personalities that have embraced the Cerb family!

• Like 1

I'm right handed but use my left hand occasionally.

Never smoked a cigarette since I'm 14 years old.

Never been afraid of heights. I could walk on a rope at 1000 feet without protection if I could keep my balance.

I will reveal more about myself later.

Reveal more? How cryptic and yet so very intriguing!

Only been scared of heights for about 10yrs. What was the catalyst? No idea just happened all of a sudden, with a panic attack at the forefront

Clean freak bordering on obsessive. Again only within the last 10yrs

Foot fetish although not in a sexual way...just like nice feet and nice shoes

Love animals...every kind, shape, size. Rats, iguanas, fish, cats, dogs, birds, wallabies, anything living!

Treasure my human relationships

Love hockey and football but not much time for soccer or baseball

My number one turn on is being ravaged and totally made to feel like I am the most desireable woman alive lol

Ravaging and making "him or her" feel like they are the most desireable person alive.

Zumba...my new passion.

Girly mani pedi days with a sexy lady

1/Leo....August

2/Virginity lost at 16.......she was drunk, a former girlfriend, and demanded it of me.

3/Grew up on a farm and still farm for a living......cattle, horses, dogs, cats. I am still profoundly content with a live birth.

4/Played hockey competitively until completing college and then decided to find the fun in it again and went rec league.

5/ Motorbike license in '83, first bike was a 750 Interceptor and now drive 1800 cc's of sport cruiser

6/ Loved fast cars.....had a Mustang and a Trans-Am

7/ I grew up being a voracious reader but now mostly read business material

8/ I got a dog, tractor(s), pickup (4 wheel drive, lol), and love country music......but I am not a redneck..although I do make moonshine

9/ started training for a private pilot license, but had to stop due to time constraints.......same with martial arts

10/ I am a very social person with compassion for others and a decidedly non-antagonistic demeanor......life is too short.

• Like 2

1- I am a Leo (July 27th) and Dragon (1988).

2-I was born in Argenteuil, France.

3-My greatest fear in the worlds are worms (which is really not convenient giving there is about 1M per km/2)

4- I am addicted to wine, cheese, bread and fois gras.

5- I am bisexual and poly....and currently dating two women.

6- I am into bdsm, my main interest is ropes, especially suspension.

7- I had pink, purple, blue, black, brown, blonde, red and auburn hair in my life.

8-I own a horse name Chinook.

9- I speak fluently French and English. I understand well Spanish, Italian and Gaelic.

10-I've visited all the continents except Australia.

11-I lost my virginity at 15 years old

I really quite like heights.

I also like getting close to the ground. (The earth is lovely from any perspective!) Walking is my primary mode of transport.

I've seen the extended DVD editions of The Lord of the Rings five times each.

Being in crowds creeps me out, but I love performing in front of them.

I'm an Aries. No wonder I'm so hard-headed and impatient.

I find philosophy fun.

I was once a radio host at the only radio station in a small town made primarily of cardboard. (I received a lot of fanmail. It was a really friendly town.)

1- Well I'm a Virgo

2- Terrified of heights

3- Have a degree in computer engineering

4- Favourite colour is blue

5- Favourite type of music is hard rock but will listen to just about anything, only been to two concerts but it is my mission in life to see AC/DC in concert

6- Love animals, had dogs growing up but taking care of my sisters cat right now

7- Never smoked and only occasionally drink

8- Love watching hockey, senators fan, but can't skate worth beans, lol

9- Bit of a sci-fi geek, huge trekkie growing up and kinda still am, lol

10- Love watching movies, and like Julie I have seen the extended LOTR trilogy more than a couple times, lol

11- Hail from a small city, but lived in the big city when I went to university

12- I am an avid gamer, playing Diablo 3 right now

13- Love going to the beach in the summer, love the sand and the water...and the bikini's don't hurt either ;)

14- I love helping my family and friends and would run through a brick wall for them

15- Lost my virginity at 27

16- Haven't travelled much yet but I was out to the east coast twice when I was younger and would love to get back there some day

• Like 1

1 - I've had a pedicure, more then once

2 - I not scared of most things (ghosts, heights, rollar coasters, bungee jumping, etc). But show me a centipede, and if there is no lady in the room, I'm going the other direction

3 - I'm not macho like, except when it comes to showing fear of insects. Then silly primal macho-ness kicks in.

4 - I like chivalry, I don't like the saying "chivalry is dead"

5 - The ideal girlfriend/wife would be someone who is independent, passionate, adventurous, and ambitious

6 - I think classical music is awesome, and unappreciated due to lack of understanding

7 - I love the Fairmont, half of the reason is Canadian pride, the other half is architectural

8 - I'm from a big city. The first night I spent in a suburban house, I couldn't sleep because it was too quiet

9 - If I get married, and the wife was into this, I'd get married here with my immediate family and best friends around (Piazza San Marco)

10 - Photography is my passion, but not my only one

11 - I love to travel

12 - I am so immensely proud and privileged to be Canadian. This pride swelled up when I went up the Peace Tower the first time

13 - I don't believe in superstition

14 - I like having the four seasons

15 - 42

16 - Snowboarding is awesome

1. I would do anything for my family or friends.

2. I sometimes worry to much

3. I am my own worse critic ( Which is weird, because I am the less judgmental person I know)

4. I am a major neat freak. I literally need things sitting, facing and placed in a certain way in my house ( weird I know, lol)

5. I am super, superstitious

6. Have changed my out-look on life, dramatically. For the better :)

• Like 1

1. My favourite music group has always been ABBA and ABBA started my love of Swedish culture. Dolph Lundgren helped.

2. I do not have television service (no cable or satellite), but I go to the movies at least once a week (usually the Mayfair or the Bytowne).

3. I am a Scorpio and I have a shirt with a scorpio sign on it, but I stopped wearing it because everybody thought I was imitating the movie 'Drive'.

4. My favourite thing is swimming.

5. I speak four languages (English, French, German, Russian).

6. I love animals, but feel no need to own any.

7. I hate cars, I refuse to own a car, I hate riding in them, but I like car chase movies and for some reason even went to the BMW museum in Munich and found it really interesting.

8. I have drawing abilities.

9. I am more of an autumn-winter person.

10. I am happy.

Guest L**gh M****e

Positive Positive Positive: The Only Way!

Awesome Thread! When we think of "Thread"....can mean many things. To me, it means just that...one strand at a time...!

There's many n much, like a sack of jelly beans, however, I'd like to share some comedy that's not so much recognized!

Hmmmm....Who we are! .... Since Grade 1 (One) I've always had issues with either the teacher or class mates...but never a strapping, because "not because of my dad" (who manages CBC) nor teachers who can fail anyone they wanted... "I Hated No Discipline"...just because I could! ffS

My first memory of 1st grade ...J and I were horsing around and knew by Mrs. B...she was a strapping a young 5 yr old female child...the teacher took the two classes of students...divided them....and I was still left with the same class....(at that time (Grade 1)...I KNEW! politics and law came in! Justice! And I was only 6yrs old!

I knew then....Justice is what's needed! I was only 6!

Ever since then, I'm open, knowledgeable, licensed, with network, and open. Love Lee..

I wish and in hopes to open up and be free!!! After all...Freedom is what we desire!

Allow your little inner child come out and play....it's fun......skip rope anyone?

Do not click on picture PLAY button....go down to the actual player and click play....

Enjoy Mrs Browns Boys......I guarantee you'll have some sort of a laugh! Lee xoxo

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/player/gorillavid.php?id=31dhsavwn8ct

Edited by L**gh M****e
Edit

I am a Sagitarian. My whole life long, although I am on the cusp with Scorpio.

I am a Caesarian. Born that way. Came out with a nice round head weighing 7 poounds, 6 ounces. My twin was 8 punds, ten ounces. We may still hold the record for that hospital.

Farthest north: Inverness, Scotland.

Farthest south: Las Vegas, Nevada.

I have worked and/or lived in 6 of our 10 provinces. No territories yet.

I work at heights but am cautious.

I have fallen from heights: not so cautious.

I had a Honda 350 in the early 70's. Sold it after getting t-boned.

Like loopie, I love swimming or just being in water.

I would rather been cold than hot.

I still don't mind digging holes in the earth. It beats going to the gym for exercise.

I love to go for a hike somewhere. Folks keep telling me to take one.

1. I am really shy so to put myself out of my comfort zone I started doing musicals. It really helped. I always have to work on myself with this.

2. I would love to go overseas to take part in the volunteer programs they have for underprivileged children. That would be the ultimate vacation to me. This is on top of my bucket list.

3. I love all animals. They are special little beings and deserve to be treated right.

4. I like nature and being outdoors. I would love to live in a log cabin in the middle of no where. Or I would love to have my own island like the movie blue lagoon.

5. I'm a gamer and I like online games.

6. I love music

I am an only child. It was great when I was a kid but as each year passes I want a sibling more and more.

I am a cancer survivor and for awhile I didn't think I would see my mid thirties.

I am TERRIFIED of heights.

My nose has been broken many, many times...due to many, many different things.

I am not superstitious but I have never walked under a ladder.

I have been told I take work too seriously.

I have never smoked cigarettes (can't stand them) but love a good cigar.

I hate the smell of peanut butter so much I have never actually tasted it.

I have performed jury duty, quite an eye opening experience.

I am a card carrying member of a certain political party.

When I was young and stupid I momentarily cheered for the Toronto Blue Jays...

1. My 3 biggest fears are public speaking, heights & spiders.

2. My sister and I share the same birthday but we are not twins.

3. I enjoy playing games.

4. I get irriated when people are running late & don't let me know.

5. I don't have a favourite genre of music. I will listen to anything!

6. Everytime I see the trailer for the Dark Night I can't contain my excitement.

7. When I was 8 I was stung by a bee or wasp and I still have the mark.

8. I have one tatoo

9. I have 6 pericings but I only use 3.

10. The only time I swear is if I'm upset.

11. I didn't learn how to swollow pills until I was 18.

12. Writing poetry is therapeutic for me.

13. I am obsessive when it comes to cleaning.

14. My favourite colour is purple.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Fun thread!

I am adopted

In my biological family, I am the oldest of 11

I hold on to most of my childish ways, I will always be young at heart

I am a horrible public speaker

I never leave my house without my face done

I am scared of the dark

Food is my best friend at the moment

I never think things through properly, sometimes I like to just go with the flow and solve the problems as they come..this is something I need to change

I paint naked

I have recorded 3 songs this week (when finished with editing, I will post the youtube link!!)

Music is my life

I am a total princess.

I like to undress infront of open windows and doors. I love having sex outside where someone might see.

Of all the mistakes I have made, I regret very few. I never dwell in the past and only live for the moment and plan for tomorrow.

Life is too short to sit and wait for it, in my mind, it must be made, I truly believe we write our own future.

I believe in Karma

I am a very deeply spiritual woman. I believe sensuality is magic

I think that is enough for now...

Oh boy,

I rember holidays as much by the food I eat as the places I've been.

I love to travel, but find airports incredibly anxiety producing

I like heights, but do suffer vertigo (I like to challenge myself on this one)

I work hard, but would rather not

I allow people to place their expectations on me, and then fear letting them down

I can't think of many things better than escaping to nature

Would love to live in a house completely off the grid

I have a very bad temper, but very few people ever see it. And even then rarely.

I don't suffer fools gladly.

I can be too sarcastic for my own good

I'm sometimes too flippant about important things. People misinterpret my humor as reflecting a lack of seriousness, which is incorrect

I can't think of any situation that can't be helped by having a laugh about it

I drink too much coffee

Don't smoke, never have, never will

I have picked up my guitar again after twelve years without doing so and am loving the peace and solitude that it brings as I rediscover it.

I am a nervous traveller. I enjoy travelling in Canada more than anything and have little interest in going to foreign locations, due to my nervousness.

I am retired. There is a lot to be said for stopping work while at the top of your game.

I am told that my CERB name is well chosen, but there are a few times when I do not feel like mrrnice. Those occasions are rare.

I love to drive. I think nothing of driving the 17 hours to see my daughter. One day I truly believe that I will awake and with sixty minutes of preparation be on the road for Vancouver. Yes, I would like to meet Samantha Evans again.

I love trout fishing and can sit and watch my bobber not even move for hours and still be content.

Sitting outside at the bonfire staring into the flames is a calming influence and leads to great conversations with myself. I am scared that I could be a pyromaniac.

Many would I think feel that I lead a boring life. I have my large farm property, play in my flower gardens, work at my vegetable garden, bike on the trails, and go to bed early.

I am widowed and am slowly becoming able to accept that.

I have just today been approached by a friend who wants to set me up with a lady friend of hers for a coffee date. I said yes.

CERB has been mostly a good thing for me, but not always.

I just this spring gave away my first ever brand new car that I bought in 1976 for the outlandish price at the time of $5400. A 1976 MGB. Fire engine red.

I love to camp and still use a little nylon dome tent and sleep on the ground.

The Montreal Canadiens are my team. I loved the Expos and was distraught when they moved to Washington.

I have opened myself to new life experiences that a year and a half ago I never would have considered.

I believe that a friend is a friend is a friend. Hard times happen, but a friend stays that way.

I would wear my shorts 365 days of the year if I could but I can dress up nicely.

I have been told that shaving my head would look good on me. I may yet do so.

Blue and green look pretty well the same to me.

I absolutely adore intelligent women. It is an aphrodisiac for me.

I do believe that to a certain point, age IS just a number.

Its easier to look on the bright side than to look on the dark side.

I read, and read a lot, but strictly and almost exclusively popular fiction.

• Like 1