How did you chose your name...your Cerb name?

This question actually came to me earlier tonight as I was finalizing my plans to meet with a lady whom I have never met before. As the details were coming together I said I would contact her via text as I arrived at her location. Of course within the text I would include my name, even though I already gave her my cell phone number, so she would know it was me. Then it occurred to me that my name is part of my Cerb name or handle if you will. I then started to wonder two things about other Cerb members. (1) How did you chose your Cerb name or handle and (2) how do you identify yourself when in a situation similar to the one I listed above if your real name is not part of your Cerb name?

To start things off I shall answer my own questions. When I created my account here on Cerb I had no idea what to call myself but I knew I was "curious" about the whole SP expericence, curious because at that point I had never hobbied before. So naturally thinking on the fly I put two and two together or I guess you could say I put Steve and curious together...hence stevecurious!

Obviously the second question doesn't really apply as I identify as Steve either way...

So, ladies and gentlemen I am eagerly anticipating the replies to these two questions...thanks.

In real life my handle on cerb reflects my personality. I love admiring ladies and buying them gifts to make them feel good and appreciated and have done so very frequently in my life. As well very often admiring ladies in secret without them knowing the source as in my view and how I was raised and in my culture ladies are sources of lives and hence deserve our full respect and admiration without whom none of us would have been here in this world.

Secret Admirer

Guest W***ledi*Time

I named myself after the children's book "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle.

In this novel, the fictional protagonists transport themselves through the universe by means of tessering, a phenomenon that is essentially explained as folding (or wrinkling) the fabric of space-time. This wrinkling creates a fifth-dimensional shortcut or juxtaposition, thereby allowing quick travel between two otherwise remote areas of the space-time continuum. (So, wrinkling is closely related to the science-fictional concepts of the wormhole, jump drive, hyperdrive, warping, teleportation, the Holzman Effect, etc.)

Why is some fictional space-time portal relevant to this hobby? Well ... every time I am priveleged to step through a special lady's door, and into the magical world that lies within, a specific feeling comes over me. I always feel like her world is so wonderfully and impossibly remote from the usual (four-dimensional) territory of my hum-drum everyday life, that something like fifth-dimensional travel can be the only possible explanation for my being able to arrive there so easily. Surely no regular door could separate two such extraordinarily contrasting worlds! Therefore, using L'Engle's terminology, I must have Wrinkled in Time.

Happily (or unhappily, as the case may be), the more matter-of-fact interpretation of my handle also works perfectly well. As conventional time passes, I find I am indeed becoming progressively wrinkled in the usual three dimensions of bodily space.

As to identifying myself ... any lady who I contact for a meeting is of course told my real name, along with my handle, up front. And my real name is what she calls me from then on.

(Some interesting handle-stories can be found on belladonna's thread from last year:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20104 )

Because I have a fair amount of money. I'm a phat cat! Friends started callin me 2tontony and tony's not even my first name! It just worked and we laughed! So chose for cerb and here I be.:|

This is weird... cuz I was online yesterday and found this link about the etymology of the word "nickname"

Mine is the name of my youngest cat. Plus I love how it works when I post, because I get to MEOW a lot :D

Purrr!!!!!

My real name is similar to Angela, and sometimes people would address me by that name, so I figured, why the hell not.

my handle is very easy , i'm shy and i'm male.

Mine too!!! I am BUSTY :boobies:.......and I am VANESSA :boobies: (Always like the name Vanessa!!)

I was sitting on a rock in the middle of a desert and lo, a choir of angels beheld me and said, "Hey, get the hell out of the desert, you have fair skin and you'll burn to a cinder."

I asked them for spiritual guidance. I said, " Oh angelly like creatures, ummm... I think I may have heat stroke. Shit, I forgot what I was going to ask. Ummmmm. Ohhh yeah. I joined this web site and I need a name. Can you help me out?"

The seraphims (for that is what they were, at least two of them) mocked me greatly. The cherubims exclaimed "WTF??? We flew down here all the way from some celestial place that your sun fried noggin could not possibly comprehend and you ask this stupid freaking question???" The Ophanims, being kinder than the Seraphs and the Cherubs, said, "Hey, we only came cuz we thought you were dead. Ummm, why don't you walk 2300 cubits out of the desert and the first thing you see, take that name."

So, I got up and walked from the desert. I may have fudged it on the whole 2300 cubits part because I had no idea what a cubit was or how it was measured. Apparently it is the length of your forearm. Who knew.

Anyhow. I got to the edge of the desert, which in fact wasn't a desert at all, it was a beach and instead of having heat stroke, I may have consumed far too many margaritas and shots of tequila. Moving on.

Ummmm. So. The name. Ohhhhh yeah. No freakin' idea. The story held so much promise when the angels and the desert were part of it. Ummmm. Soooooo, yeah. I pretty much made it up cuz of my old email address had the word dog in it. Not nearly as interesting as my epic biblical version.

Guest f***2f***

When I joined every name I typed in seemed to be taken already. As some of the SPs here have learned I am perpetually horny and endowed rather generously. As I wracked my brain for a suitable name and the anticipation of meeting some of the lovely ladies on the Board grew something else began to grow!! I looked down and thought "Jesus I got a boner!" I typed in igotaboner and low and behold my CERB handle was born.

I always tell SPs my real first name but my favorite gal always calls me Boner...I wonder why??:sm185:

A very dear lady gave me mine. She compared me to my "namesake" auto; deceptively plain looking for a muscle car, but capable of surprising challengers off the line with what it had under the hood.

I always tell SPs my real first name but my favorite gal always calls me Boner...I wonder why??:sm185:

OMG! I'm going to have to stop calling you Boner in chat :shock: Folks might put two-n-two together ......

Guest f***2f***
OMG! I'm going to have to stop calling you Boner in chat :shock: Folks might put two-n-two together ......

Ha ha...ours is the love that cannot be spoken!:bddog:

I choose my name as E.D. man so the ladies of cerb would know my medical problem and if they couldn;t help they could turn me down. And some ladies will try to help and succeed and others will turn me down because of my problem, but I believ they have that right.

A very dear lady gave me mine. She compared me to my "namesake" auto; deceptively plain looking for a muscle car, but capable of surprising challengers off the line with what it had under the hood.

Truer words never spoken 72Nova!

As for my name, as a child my dad always referred to me as a cat because it seemed I had nine + lives. I guess he was right, despite his best efforts I still breathe. Catherine was chosen when I was standing on the corner of Catherine and Bronson and was asked what my name was by a stranger. I have always had a connection to the great Catherines in history and it just rolled off my tongue. I haven't really used my given name since grade school so changing names was never a problem. I always know I'm in trouble when approached by strangers who address me by my given name, its always LE.

cat

Mine too!!! I am BUSTY :boobies:.......and I am VANESSA :boobies: (Always like the name Vanessa!!)

I think this deserves closer inspection :wink:

To be honest, it sort of just came to me.

Needed a name when I set up my hobbying email account, and I used that name on CERB too

But I seem to be doing alot of roaming since coming on CERB, both on the site, and my travels hobbying will take/have taken me from Hamilton to Toronto to Kingston to Ottawa....might even take me to Nova Scotia next year

RG

I am the shortest one of my cousins on my dad's side, so they used to call me little spud. Spud has stuck with me my entire life!

Guest ma*be***ag***

I've been working ridiculous hours for years, have been stuck until a recent separation in a marriage that wasn't working, and figured that maybe it was time for some fun in my life again. It was pretty easy after that... I've used that screen name on a few places now, and when I have introduced myself, everyone seems to get the jist of it...

Being a multi orgasmic woman it just seemed very fitting, especially since I am here to give an orgasmic experience to those in need.