Ottawa Social - December - The XXXmas Social

Hi Loves,

If your still looking for a venue I'd be happy to hire Breathless on Lisgar St at Bank. I've checked with the owner and it looks do able.

Please PM me for details is your interested.

November

Hi Loves,

If your still looking for a venue I'd be happy to hire Breathless on Lisgar St at Bank. I've checked with the owner and it looks do able.

Please PM me for details is your interested.

November

Are you allowed to have alcohol there? I was under the impression you couldn't.

Regarding gift exchange, sorry to sound negative, but how would this work. You would have to have a 100 percent commitment from all the people coming. No shows and last minute turn-ups are bound to happen. I can't see how it's doable.

Another option for hosting the XXXMas Social would be Breathless above Penis Envy.

I am sure that Miss Jenn would be open to renting the space for a nominal charge, safe and secure and would address Annessa's concerns as well. Lots of parking. Would be definitely cheaper than a hotel.

Another option for hosting the XXXMas Social would be Breathless above Penis Envy.

I am sure that Miss Jenn would be open to renting the space for a nominal charge, safe and secure and would address Annessa's concerns as well. Lots of parking. Would be definitely cheaper than a hotel.

That's what November suggested if you read a few posts above. My question was whether alcohol is permitted. And where do the smokers go to take a puff?

And where do the smokers go to take a puff?

Outside it will leave them "Breathless":rolleyes: Cigars and hard liquor,and beautiful woman sounds like fun :)

Regarding gift exchange, sorry to sound negative, but how would this work. You would have to have a 100 percent commitment from all the people coming. No shows and last minute turn-ups are bound to happen. I can't see how it's doable.

We could play the GREED game!!! It's a lot of fun, and it's totally doable, because if you bring a gift, you can play. Quick concept of the game - everyone with a gift, place them wrapped on the table, then everyone draws a number. First number opens a gift. Second number can either open a new gift, or take the first person's. If your gift is taken from you, you can either open a new one, or take someone elses. It's SO much fun. You put a cap on how much everyone can spend, and make sure to buy something unisex. Something tells me, there would be a lot of alcohol and sex toys in those wrapped gifts at this party, hahahahaha!!!!

Hi again,

If we run an event at Breathless as a private party and we would have to do that in this case, we can bring alcohol for personal use. Smoky smoker would have to smoke out side, but that is the rule just about every where these days.

If you have questions best to PM me, November

That's what November suggested if you read a few posts above. My question was whether alcohol is permitted. And where do the smokers go to take a puff?

same place we've been having a puff for the last couple years outside

We could play the GREED game!!! It's a lot of fun, and it's totally doable, because if you bring a gift, you can play. Quick concept of the game - everyone with a gift, place them wrapped on the table, then everyone draws a number. First number opens a gift. Second number can either open a new gift, or take the first person's. If your gift is taken from you, you can either open a new one, or take someone elses. It's SO much fun.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread and just reading it now, was going to suggest the GREED game, played this a few years back and had a lot of fun with it. Plus as you mentioned Cleo, only the people who show up with a gift can play, which will prevent any issues of no-shows...

Could be a good enticement for people to come too!

For dates, I am hoping that it is a Monday to Thursday night anytime not the week of the 12th-18th, I'll be on a sunny beach! Perhaps the last week of November would work?

And I love the idea of doing it at Breathless, nice and central... Perhaps we could figure out how much it costs and sell tickets ahead of time?

Xoxox

For dates, I am hoping that it is a Monday to Thursday night anytime not the week of the 12th-18th, I'll be on a sunny beach! Perhaps the last week of November would work?

I think last week of November or first week of December would be good, later than that, many people have family/work/vacations and turnout likely won't be as good. Plus if it's from the 6-14th I won't be there as I'll be out of the country!

Cleo: a good suggestion..... Minto Place is centrally located !!

Additional Comments:

Cleo: you have such a fantastcally fertile imagination !! The Game of Greed is fantastic... fits in well with human nature

Additional Comments:

Your recommendation looks great. Let's have our CERB members indicate their interest in this location by responding within the next 10 days. If a majority agree, we should collect a $20 or $30 from the male CERB memebers only. Then we should confirm the rental. How does that sound ?

Also, we should place a notice on a CERB site that would get maximum exposure. Any suggestions ?

Edited by J***J***200
additional comments

Guest S**a*Q

You just bring a gift, unisex, have the gift exchange at an exact time, whoevers there is there. All the gifts are wrapped and put up on a table and everyone chooses a number. That's the order that you go up to get a gift, the first person gets first dibs, but the second person can either take that one, or a new one...

Chinese gift exchange. That's how it's doable.

Additional Comments:

I think last week of November or first week of December would be good, later than that, many people have family/work/vacations and turnout likely won't be as good. Plus if it's from the 6-14th I won't be there as I'll be out of the country!

I don't even think i'm going to be able to make it now... i'm going home for two weeks... so if it's not at the beginning I can't go...

It'll have to be the first week if I'm going to plan it...

I don't even think i'm going to be able to make it now... i'm going home for two weeks... so if it's not at the beginning I can't go...

It'll have to be the first week if I'm going to plan it...

You're leaving mid-December no? We're suggesting last week of November, or first week of December, so I think we're all on the same page :) Second week I'm gone, third week you and Bethany are gone, and what kind of party would it be without us? :D

You're leaving mid-December no? We're suggesting last week of November, or first week of December, so I think we're all on the same page :) Second week I'm gone, third week you and Bethany are gone, and what kind of party would it be without us? :D

True nuff!!!!!!! There can be no party without the three of you!!!!!!!!

I agree with what was said above: first week of December would be good.

If it's too late in December, it's hard to get a place plus people have a million things to do and running around to get ready for the Holidays.

However, doing it a weeknight would make a place easier to get as office parties are usually on Friday or Saturday evening.

But weekday, many have to work the next day so, it won't finish in the wee hours of the morning for many.

But great planning so far, it's getting together.

what's the bring a gift why don't we buy a toy for a kid rap it or don't even need to rap it or some food and give it to the food bank for there christmas hampers or someone will know what to do with them like Isabellgia she always doing stuff for the needy

• Like 2

True nuff!!!!!!! There can be no party without the three of you!!!!!!!!

I agree. You ladies must be there!

The greed game is lots of fun. I hope I can make it out to this one.

In reply to vulcan's post, I'm good for either $20 or $30 in advance to help pay for the rental. I haven't met too many people here, but I'll trust Old Dog, rickofshadows or jazzitup or anybody they trust with the cash.

Any updates on what's going on with the Xmas social? Who's in charge? Has a date been set for this yet. I need to start planning around work and the Christmas holidays. The first week of December sounds good.

Guest S**a*Q

I kinda nominated myself, but then left Ottawa.. LOL! Management can be done from a distance!!!

I have someone looking into Breathless to find out the dates and what not...

It's central and discreet so I think that would be our best option...

We've decided to do a gift exchange... Or the donation to a charity... I'll post a poll about that... Wait, why don't we do both...?

I'll poll it...

Keeping everyone inthe loop, I shall get better at!

Not being Ott based I have often felt I was missing out on your socials and the chance to meet fellow Cerbites. Might be this time I will be there on the night this takes place. But then that would interfere with what I often do during my evenings in Ott. Hmm...maybe I could come with a gift and leave with a present. Hehe Keep up the amazing work Sara and I know you'll have a great event.

WC