It has happened several times and I wonder if there is a way out of those situations:

I do not advertise often, only when a re-scheduling or cancellation occurs and I have available time.

It happened this last Saturday when the weather did not help for a client who was coming from a long distance city to visit me.

I placed an ad and I had a couple of responses asking for details.

I answered and NEVER HEARD AGAIN A WORD. Of course, this is not new, I am sure other SP's have had the same issue and I would love to hear how they handle it.

I just was waiting for an answer and did not want to respond to anyone else apart from these 2 gentlemen because I gave them the only 2 hours I had allocated for the day. If I entertained another request I would be in a situation that did not want to be: having the demand surpassing the availability of time.

Of course, is Murphy's Law, and I had the other requests....I told those gentlemen that I did not have time.

Results? none of my 2 hours were used.

I guess good manners are in demand.

Any input?

I do not want to be accused of "emailing for services". Then, I did not address those men again asking them if they were coming or not. I just waited and wasted two hours.

There is no need to mention names.

It would be nice to hear some of your thoughts on this

Thanks

LoraLee

I'm first come - first served (after you've been approved as a new client, of course). I might have 3 repeat clients email me "Are you available today, Megan?" and I will reply "Yes, I have one opening at 2:30pm" to all 3. The first person to write back confirming they want the time, gets it. I don't "hold" spots for anyone, and I don't think that is a fair thing to ask of me. An inquiry is not the same as a booked appointment!

• Like 2

I'm first come - first served (after you've been approved as a new client' date=' of course). I might have 3 repeat clients email me "Are you available today, Megan?" and I will reply "Yes, I have one opening at 2:30pm" to all 3. The first person to write back confirming they want the time, gets it. I don't "hold" spots for anyone, and I don't think that is a fair thing to ask of me. An inquiry is not the same as a booked appointment![/quote']

megan beat me to it, lol..

I used to write at the bottom of my ads "First CONFIRM, first serve" :)

mainly because I used to deal with a lot of people who wouldnt respond after sending schedule info, or when people who took their time to get back to me were dissapointed because i was no longer free they would whine "but I thought you said you were available?". In the long run not holding a space and explaining that they took too long to respond will hopefully put the idea in their head that the early bird catches the worm.

My regulars always have first choise of time and day..then after that it's first confirmed. I don't wait for responses unless i feel they are truly intersted...if they are truly intersted then they will answer asap.

kisses,

Emma

life is to short to wait...lol

My regulars always have first choise of time and day..then after that it's first confirmed. I don't wait for responses unless i feel they are truly intersted...if they are truly intersted then they will answer asap.

That's how I handle it, too. They have to confirm the appointment. Sometimes I will say, "I need to receive confirmation from you by 2:00" or whatever, but it's usually not necessary. First confirmed, first served is a good motto!

I find it interesting that we have not heard the male perspective yet :)

I too, believe that an encounter is not booked unless confirmed.

First come, first confirmed is my motto. I will continue to send out information as long as the time slot is still open. As soon as someone confirms then those who did not respond will get my next available dance time if they try and confirm.

cat

I never fish around, I look,seek and book with confirmation from both parties... end of discussion.

There has been at times, where I would text/call a lady the "day of",that I know her very well to see if she is available, for a certain time that day, 95% we book.

I may send a email or pm to that lady if I'm looking for that "day of",if she does not respond to myself I take it she is busy, and I would ask another.

I always book in advance to ensure my time slot,and my scheduling, it always works out for the better. ;)

Hope this makes sense ladies :)

I find it interesting that we have not heard the male perspective yet :)

I too, believe that an encounter is not booked unless confirmed.

I make every effort to book ahead of schedule. I ask questions by PM as I find it less intrusive, both for the lady and myself. In every case that I get a response I make attempts to book asap. I know that first-confirmed is the best way so I never get upset if things don't jive. If I do try to book the same day, I check the postings and the chatroom to see who's on. Bugger to the no shows and the low-life trolls.

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

I make every effort to book ahead of schedule. I ask questions by PM as I find it less intrusive, both for the lady and myself. In every case that I get a response I make attempts to book asap. I know that first-confirmed is the best way so I never get upset if things don't jive. If I do try to book the same day, I check the postings and the chatroom to see who's on. Bugger to the no shows and the low-life trolls.

Posted via Mobile Device

It has happened several times and I wonder if there is a way out of those situations:

I do not advertise often, only when a re-scheduling or cancellation occurs and I have available time.

It happened this last Saturday when the weather did not help for a client who was coming from a long distance city to visit me.

I placed an ad and I had a couple of responses asking for details.

I answered and NEVER HEARD AGAIN A WORD. Of course, this is not new, I am sure other SP's have had the same issue and I would love to hear how they handle it.

I just was waiting for an answer and did not want to respond to anyone else apart from these 2 gentlemen because I gave them the only 2 hours I had allocated for the day. If I entertained another request I would be in a situation that did not want to be: having the demand surpassing the availability of time.

Of course, is Murphy's Law, and I had the other requests....I told those gentlemen that I did not have time.

Results? none of my 2 hours were used.

I guess good manners are in demand.

Any input?

I do not want to be accused of "emailing for services". Then, I did not address those men again asking them if they were coming or not. I just waited and wasted two hours.

There is no need to mention names.

It would be nice to hear some of your thoughts on this

Thanks

LoraLee

Hi LoraLee:

It depends on the nature of the enquiry.

If it's a general question, say, your shoe size, general area, favorite drink, etc. no follow up e-mail is needed, although a thank you would be polite.

On the other hand, if he's asking about a time slot, then a go-no-go response is expected, and to not reply is rude.

Keep in mind, e-mail is imperfect and there may be a delay, sometimes measured in hours or days, for your e-mail to reach him or his response to reach you.

Life also sometimes happens, maybe he dropped his phone or spilled coffee on his computer and simply can't reply.

As has already been suggested, when giving a time always ask "please confirm by 3 pm otherwise I may have to give your time to someone else" that way you aren't left with a possible maybe appointment.

Oh, and it's not "First come first served" it is "First come first cum" :)

Last year I had an issue with a gentlemen who I did not know and he emailed me 10 minutes to the hour to confirm....I had it already filled up and he screamed (literally).

Since then I waited for confirmations. From this moment on I wont wait and do as the other SP's do.

I appreciated all of your advice and the gentlemen point of view is very valuable....Thanks Pete, we all know you are a gem!

Loralee

Hugs to all

Pistol Pete beat me to it. Whenever I have met someone from CERB, it's usually consisted of several days to a week's worth of PMs or emails in advance. I know that most ladies are not fond of day of contacts for justifiable reasons. And I have never contacted a lady and then cancelled, let alone without any sort of contact to confirm. That's an insult to them and a waste of their valuable time. The only thing I can think of is to let the men in question know that you have limited time and it will be enjoyed by the one who confirms first. But as a possible aside, men who show you the courtesy of responding to you to confirm one way or another may get special consideration. Or the ones who simply leave you hanging may get 'black balled."

I'm like the other gents on here and plan/book well in advance. My challenge at times could be flight schedules and travel delays, I've been a little late at times and kept in contact with the lady, but never cancelled. In the initial dialogue it is usually very clear on both parts when it is simply questions or when it is a serious booking. I've only had one mix-up and it was when the lady said she didn't get my confirmation. She went ahead and re-booked while I was flying to the city. My confirmation email was sent a day earlier which I re-sent to her. She wasn't very apologetic about it which means I won't be contacting her again.

So things can happen on both parts and I think CLEAR communications will avoid most unknown situations.

WC

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest s******ecan****
I'm first come - first served (after you've been approved as a new client' date=' of course). I might have 3 repeat clients email me "Are you available today, Megan?" and I will reply "Yes, I have one opening at 2:30pm" to all 3. The first person to write back confirming they want the time, gets it. I don't "hold" spots for anyone, and I don't think that is a fair thing to ask of me. An inquiry is not the same as a booked appointment![/quote']

A completely reasonable and fair approach and this is how I would expect to be treated as a client.

In my business I get a lot of inquiries and tire kickers when I make an apointment it's booked on my agenda, but I don't hold an appointment open for a potential meeting or booking based soleynon an inqury.

You may want to add a line to yorbresponse stating that your availability is subject to change and available on a first come first Seeger basis, otherwise you may find yourself sitting around waiting for tire kickers to get back to you and mission potential paying clients. Always go for the sure thing !

• Like 1

I agree with all of the ladies.Book and meet with the first one that confirms. As for myself, I always book ahead of time and confirm the meeting at least 1/2 hour before the time agreed to. It is not right or respectful to let someone dangle like that. If a meeting has to be cancelled or delayed the sp should be notified as soon as possible

• Like 1

Until someone "confirms" absolutely that they are coming to see at a particular time on a certain date, my policy is first come, first served.

Even then, I make sure they check in with me the day of to ensure they are indeed still making the appointment at which point I give them my coordinates.

My policy is that as soon as i received the appropriate info to book...That we have agreed for a time and a day...You are confirm and usually received a message that i will send you a reminder closer to the date with further instructions which is usually which time frame to call the morning of the app to get the location.VJ

I think first come, first served is the best approach. I like getting a message back saying ?confirmed? once she accepts the suggested date, time and duration.

I sometimes book more than a month in advance. In this case I will send a quick e-mail a few days before to ensure that everything is still a go. It also lets her know I haven?t forgotten. I will often ask at this time about what she might like to share in the way of a drink or some possible ?activities? if appropriate. Then it is a message or call the day of the meeting to set the final details like room number etc.

I don't think any guy should object, even though they might, to the first confirmed, first served policy. If we can't commit right away, we accept the risk and the possibility of contacting back and finding out the slot is no longer available.

I am a last minute shopper and this has happened to me once or twice (maybe more), the lady seemed concerned and felt bad, but it is my problem, not hers, she should book up with someone confirmed, rather than holding a time for someone that might never get back to her.

This is life, if the guy does this and complains when it happens, he either accepts the risk or needs to change his booking style.

MHO only.