Hugh Hefner RIP

Guest J**ck*9

Yes... I agree with you as well. Hugh was a true pioneer. In my case... Before Playboy, I went to the "bra section" of the Sears catalogue ... Lol

May he rest in peace. I often envied his life, the mansion the ladies and the parties. You guys were lucky to have the NG and the Sears catalogue all we got at home was the Reader's Digest and let me tell you there was not much viewing pleasure in those, although I did enjoy the laughter page.

• Like 3

So true, Cato. He was a real pioneer. Before him, all I had were some old worn out B&W photos which had been passed through many many hands.

RIP, you were a legend.

• Like 1

I still can't bear to dispose of my Playboy collection, although sporadic over the years (70s onward). I actually subscribed for a couple years to "read the articles". Now they rest in a box down in the basement although some are on a shelf in "the library".

The Playboy interviews were widely acclaimed and yes the occasional pinup adorned my high school locker (all boys school).

I took notice of the passage of time by the birth dates of the centerfolds changing from one decade to the next. They seemed to get younger all the time LOL. Oh wait I am getting older....

tumblr_owzrcb7Nfs1vk8p3yo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Reddog01
spelling correction
  • Like 2

Reading the previous posts I will consider myself lucky as I found my father's Playboy collection at the age of 7. When I was a young teen my older cousin showed me my godfather's collection. It was enough to fill every shelf of a double sliding door closet in the basement bedroom, a slice of Heaven I thought at the time. He also told me there were a few in the bathroom vanities. When visiting that uncle we all know what I was doing as a teen when locking myself in the basement bathroom a few times a day.

Hugh Hefner had a wonderful vision and he made it happen, creating what became the most successful men's magazine in the world. He lead one of the most iconic lives of the American Dream making millions with what most boys and men still daydream about today, gorgeous women. There is no doubt Playboy played some type of roll in breaking down sexual conservative walls. For that we should all be thankful, both men and women alike.

Tip of the hat and a big thank you to Hugh Hefner. May he rest in peace.

WIR

• Like 3

It's sad but probably inevitable to see a lot of pettiness come out on social media after Hugh Hefner's passing. No doubt he had failings, but let's celebrate his achievements and his contributions to sexual liberation. Respect and admiration! He lived life fully and on his own terms. Who could ask for more?

• Like 4

I read his final resting place will be a location he purchased in 1995 for the price of 75k. Fitting location for him as it is right next to Marilyn Monroe, Playboy's first centerfold.

• Like 1