Your favorite all time golden era Hollywood star that has inspired us all...

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering which stars from the 1930's to 60's, we admire most for their Hollywood glamor, sophistication and sensuality. Modern female actors cannot compete but emulate. Mine is Bette Davis.

Guest jake_cdn
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering which stars from the 1930's to 60's, we admire most for their Hollywood glamor, sophistication and sensuality. Modern female actors cannot compete but emulate. Mine is Bette Davis.

Here is my list ...

30's Bette Davis ( sometimes over acted but always riveting )

40's Ingrid Bergman ( never saw a bad movie with her in it )

50's Grace Kelly ( class, glamor and talent )

60's Natalie Wood ( those eyes )

My choice ... Grace Kelly ... I cannot flip passed a movie with her in it

Tie between Marlene Dietrich and Ingrid Bergman.

I break one way or another depending on whether I'm feeling naughty or nice. ;)

Marilyn and Grace were fabulous but my favorite was the stunning Lauren Bacall,who of coarse was married to the incomparable Humphrey Bogart.

Lauren Bacall had a wonderfully sultry voice -- unfortunately she didn't age well.

As an all arounder: Katherine Hepburn. And others in her cohort that demonstrated intelligence and quick wit are very sexy!

Not Hollywood, but the very early Brigitte Bardot was the orginal sex kitten. (As I recall all her movies were explicitly condemned by the Catholic Church at the time -- which of course made me want to see them!)

Touch

Guest jake_cdn

Cherry Kiss,

You redheads always stick together ... wait a minute ... I think I like it that way...

I liked Lucy as well as I am also partial to redheads

Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and Elizabeth Taylor. So in love with these women, to the point that when I eventually have a child I know what i'm naming her!

Posted via Mobile Device

Cherry Kiss,

You redheads always stick together ... wait a minute ... I think I like it that way...

I liked Lucy as well as I am also partial to redheads

I remember as a little girl watching I love Lucy re-runs all the time, and my mom thinking I was nuts. While all the other kids were watching cartoons and having lunch I am watching old black and white sitcomes.

Katherine Hepburn, for me--no question! A fierce mind and a great wit with no need to be conventional, and she remained devastatingly sexy for decades because of these qualities.

Not necessarily in order and I've missed so many good ones:

Female: So hard to choose...so many great talents

Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Audrey Hepburn, Tippy Hedren, Lauren Bacall, Gloria Swanson (see Sunset Blvd), Vivian Lee, Patricia Neal, Elizabeth Taylor, Ava Gardner (mmm-frig she was hot!), Lucille (Technicolor Tesse) Ball

Male:

All you had to do was listen to their voice and you knew exactly who they were.

Cary Grant, John Wayne (I loved his lopsided walk & he was a big sloppy drunk), Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, James Cagney, Jimmy Stewart, Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, Jack Nicholson, Christopher Lee, Lawrence Olivier, Alec (Obi Wan) Guinness, etc....

How would you imitate Jimmy Stewart?

Going back a little I would go with Ann Margaret and then Jacqueline Bisset. But my biggest impressions came from in the 70s with (now hold it)Kay Lenz, Susan Dey and of course Farrah.

Posted via Mobile Device

I guess this is out of the time parameter of this thread, but it is a bit scary how quickly we forget!

Jane Fonda: Barbarella> Klute! > Coming Home ... all seems centuries ago... but maybe watch Klute! again anyway...

Touch

I guess this is out of the time parameter of this thread, but it is a bit scary how quickly we forget!

Jane Fonda: Barbarella> Klute! > Coming Home ... all seems centuries ago... but maybe watch Klute! again anyway...

Hmm, Klute is an interesting film to bring up in this environment. :) Jane Fonda really is gorgeous, and I remember guilty pleasures watching the silliness that was Barbarella just to see her in... uh... intriguing outfits. Ah, those were the days.

Now when I think of Jane Fonda, I always think of her 2007 interview with Stephen Colbert. Colbert had his own crush on Fonda in his younger days (like many of us...) and had tried to disavow them by putting them "on notice". Fonda decided she wasn't going to let that go unchallenged, and took steps to rekindle his fantasies during their interview... :)

Jane Fonda and Stephen Colbert

Stephen has the best job in the world!

• Like 1