Why we ask for a phone number

If someone is serious about enjoying time with a lady (particularly from a reliable place like CERB), they should have no problem providing the lady with information like that. And most ladies would offer the logic behind the request if asked. It's as simple as that. If a lady asks for your pone number as a condition of her company, she should get it, no differently than a reference from another lady. Anyone who doesn't want to provide it is free to say no thanks and maybe look for a lady who doesn't request one. If the women here are willing to trust men they may know very little about with their time and address for intimate company, it is very little to ask.

I completely agree, a valid cell number is part of a normal request by almost every lady.

If you have an issue with giving out your number, then don't book. A well respected companion will always hold any information in the highest regard of discretion.

• Like 3

Guest al****s

I will not book a session with someone who will not provide me with his phone number. I also will not answer my phone if it shows as blocked/private. I do understand the gentleman's reluctance to give out his phone number, however without it, he'll need to call someone else. Mutual respect and trust must be present for the safety of both parties. :)

alexis...xoxo

Meg, I don't disagree with the request at all. But I also understand each person's different comfort level with their personal information. I tend to be more open and trusting than I should therefore, a few ladies know personal details that I have shared, which have been provided within a relationship of trust. However, I also had a woman, as part of her requirements, say that she wanted my full and real name before we met. I responded by asking if she would share her real name with me? Needless to say that rendezous never happened.

I in turn have asked for a manner to contact a lady just before our appointment. This is done because I travel and at times I'm delayed and don't have access to a computer for email/PM etc. Now in my case it is better if the lady contact me by text rather than phone.

I wouldn't hesitate to continue to ask for the number as you are and the explanation may help those cautious but will never satisfy everyone.

WC

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Meg, I don't disagree with the request at all. But I also understand each person's different comfort level with their personal information. I tend to be more open and trusting than I should therefore, a few ladies know personal details that I have shared, which have been provided within a relationship of trust. However, I also had a woman, as part of her requirements, say that she wanted my full and real name before we met. I responded by asking if she would share her real name with me? Needless to say that rendezous never happened.

I in turn have asked for a manner to contact a lady just before our appointment. This is done because I travel and at times I'm delayed and don't have access to a computer for email/PM etc. Now in my case it is better if the lady contact me by text rather than phone.

I wouldn't hesitate to continue to ask for the number as you are and the explanation may help those cautious but will never satisfy everyone.

WC

Posted via Mobile Device

To be perfectly honest...I don't care about anyone's real name. Makes no difference to me. I just want an actual phone number so that I am sure I can contact you if you are late...most men hate to ask for directions LOL or to cancel/postpone if necessary. More often than not...I would text. It just all comes down to convenience......I am pretty sure all text phones can block numbers and if not, erase your history at the end of the day. Cell phones are the most anonymous mode of communication available what with the disposible phones available at gas stations!

Guys if you are worried that our wonderful ladies are going to call at the wrong moment " THEN LEAVE YOUR PHONE ON VIBRATE". I fully respect and encourage the ladies request, I fact I don't even mind giving my name, I know most of the ladies check with a friend about visitors just to be safe. I encourage it. We have wonderful ladies here and we would be hurt and feel a huge lost of a good friend if our favorite ladies were to be seriously hurt or worst because they allowed a crazy deranged person into their location. LADIES you are all wonderful. Please be careful and stand for your rights and rules.

• Like 2

I've never had a problem with giving my cell phone number (which now btw is my home phone too)

I only prefer text, since you may get the call in an area where you can't speak. Likewise, I prefer texting, since the lady may not be in a spot where she can talk

But I'm pretty open, give my cerb handle, first name, phone number, email address and reference if needed

But I'd be really disappointed if I missed Meg, but life happens

RG

I've had this situation happen to me last spring after coming back to the business and it was a former regular who wanted to see me. He never gave a phone number and that day I ended up with a flat tire off highway 417. I had checked my voicemail and while he left a message I could retrieve a phone number. I felt bad about it and had every intention of meeting him but I never heard back from him. Had he given me a contact number, we could have figured something else out. I always ask for a cell number now and do not book from payphones or blocked calls. When these types of numbers cal me, I put them on ignore. It's in the ad!

I'm thinking of changing my number, it might be well out there now:icon_surprised:... lol

I have no issues but only to call or in fact if the lady allows texting its all good, the ladies are all very professional,never have had a unsuspecting phone call inbound or a text message.:bigclap:

Discretion level that the ladies delivery before and after the date is fantastic, keep up the great work ladies!:ThankYou:

• Like 1

i don't mind giving my phone no. at it's suppose to be in trust and like meg says if they can trust give the address i'm sure we can give out the phone and if your worried about getting calls just get it changed to easy

I agree that you ladies should get phone numbers for your clients, but I can also understand some concerns guys have about sharing them. Firstly, if plans on their end suddenly change and their significant other is around, it might be difficult to answer a call from the service provider they were supposed to meet. Secondly, assuming you keep your clients phone numbers in your phone or on a computer, if that was stolen it could potentially lead to being blackmailed. These would be rare occurences and wouldn't stop me from providing a phone number, but I understand if guys don't feel comfortable with it.

Believe me,that is a very rare occurrence ever to happen, where the lady keeps your number saved for future references.I have had the same number for the past ___ years, and it does not even bother me in the least.

Guys that feel that way should not be participating, or buy a cheap throw away cell, it is really not a BIG issue.

I can attest that all the ladies that I have met(and there is a few:rolleyes: ), not once has it ever happen to me, where I get a call back or if something happens to me I will call or text them asap or they will in return.

I agree that you ladies should get phone numbers for your clients, but I can also understand some concerns guys have about sharing them. Firstly, if plans on their end suddenly change and their significant other is around, it might be difficult to answer a call from the service provider they were supposed to meet. Secondly, assuming you keep your clients phone numbers in your phone or on a computer, if that was stolen it could potentially lead to being blackmailed. These would be rare occurences and wouldn't stop me from providing a phone number, but I understand if guys don't feel comfortable with it.
Edited by PistolPete
added info

In regards to not being able to answer the phone when your SO is around and you're late for an appt, can't you just turn it off? Or send a quick "sorry" text and then turn it off? There has to be something you can do to meet us half way on this one!

Sky

• Like 2

In regards to not being able to answer the phone when your SO is around and you're late for an appt, can't you just turn it off? Or send a quick "sorry" text and then turn it off? There has to be something you can do to meet us half way on this one!

Sky

Yes, it is very important to me and my credibility to notify the lady. I will and have always given the most notice as to not cause any loss.

Maybe I'm a bit cranky at the end of a long week, but I have to say that I am weary of hearing the assumption that paid companions are likely to stalk, harass or blackmail clients if we have any of their personal information, even if it's just a cell number.

I think this is a way that some men project and deflect guilt connected with their decision to seek out paid companionship. It's not simply unreasonable, it's narcissistic.

As I always say: no matter who you are or who you think you are, no matter what you do or who you know or love, the person who is taking the most risks is always the paid companion. Always.

I think I spend too much time reassuring potential clients that I'm balanced, safe, sane, warm, genuinely human and real--in other words, that they can trust me. Just yesterday someone wrote to me saying that he didn't want to give me his number in case it was part of some kind of elaborate set-up. He told me outright that he wanted me to calm his mind because he was worried I might rob him or give him some terrible disease.

I am stymied by such men's lack of insight and empathy. He's worried I might rob him? Well, gosh. He's making arrangements to be in my home, in my bed, in my body. I will lavish time, care and attention on him. I will do my best to make him feel so wonderful that he'll want to come back and see me again. I have to try not to worry that he'll tell my landlord or the neighbours what I'm doing. I have to try not to worry that he'll show up sometime without an invitation. I have to try not to worry that he might hurt me or refuse to leave when it's time. I also have to try not to worry that he might rob me. And I have to forget that, if something unexpected happens or there's an emergency--a fire breaks out or maybe he has a heart attack--he will be portrayed as a decent man in an unfortunate situation while I will just be a hooker.

Every man will say that he's not like the kinds of men I've just described. Just about all the time, that's true. Nearly every one of them are just doing their best to get through their lives. They don't want to hurt anyone or cause trouble. They're a lot like us companions. We're all just doing what we do, trying to keep on keeping on.

Relax. Stop the fear-mongering and suspicion. Stop assuming that the whore with the heart of gold is a rarity. We're here by the dozen. Calm down. Take a deep breath. We're all on the same side, and we're in this together.

Give your companion your cell number.

• Like 7

Maybe I'm a bit cranky at the end of a long week, but I have to say that I am weary of hearing the assumption that paid companions are likely to stalk, harass or blackmail clients if we have any of their personal information, even if it's just a cell number.

I think this is a way that some men project and deflect guilt connected with their decision to seek out paid companionship. It's not simply unreasonable, it's narcissistic.

As I always say: no matter who you are or who you think you are, no matter what you do or who you know or love, the person who is taking the most risks is always the paid companion. Always.

I think I spend too much time reassuring potential clients that I'm balanced, safe, sane, warm, genuinely human and real--in other words, that they can trust me. Just yesterday someone wrote to me saying that he didn't want to give me his number in case it was part of some kind of elaborate set-up. He told me outright that he wanted me to calm his mind because he was worried I might rob him or give him some terrible disease.

I am stymied by such men's lack of insight and empathy. He's worried I might rob him? Well, gosh. He's making arrangements to be in my home, in my bed, in my body. I will lavish time, care and attention on him. I will do my best to make him feel so wonderful that he'll want to come back and see me again. I have to try not to worry that he'll tell my landlord or the neighbours what I'm doing. I have to try not to worry that he'll show up sometime without an invitation. I have to try not to worry that he might hurt me or refuse to leave when it's time. I also have to try not to worry that he might rob me. And I have to forget that, if something unexpected happens or there's an emergency--a fire breaks out or maybe he has a heart attack--he will be portrayed as a decent man in an unfortunate situation while I will just be a hooker.

Every man will say that he's not like the kinds of men I've just described. Just about all the time, that's true. Nearly every one of them are just doing their best to get through their lives. They don't want to hurt anyone or cause trouble. They're a lot like us companions. We're all just doing what we do, trying to keep on keeping on.

Relax. Stop the fear-mongering and suspicion. Stop assuming that the whore with the heart of gold is a rarity. We're here by the dozen. Calm down. Take a deep breath. We're all on the same side, and we're in this together.

From one whore with a heart of gold to all of the others...Love you all. Samantha, wonderful post and it says everything I feel and think!

I agree with you Meg. There needs to be some trust both ways for sure so having each others cell numbers is a necessity. Shit happens and cancellations are inevitable sometimes. Very easy to shoot a quick text or call and nobody is sitting waiting or pissed off. My two cents...

• Like 2

I am sure this has been discussed before but indulge me.

The number one reason I ask for a number is mutual trust. If I am going to disclose my location to you, I need to feel safe. The only recourse I have is you giving me your number. If you trust me enough with your number, then I know I can trust you with my address. I have never and would never abuse this piece of information in any way, shape or form. We have a need for discretion as much as you.

Second reason is for cancellation purposes. Just like you wonderful gents, life can sometimes throw a wrench into our plans.

Yesterday, I was forced into being a no show. I have met this person before and he booked well in advanced via email. I had an incident that kept me away from my incall location as well as away from the internet and therefore I had absolutely no way to contact him to cancel or postpone. He called me several times from a payphone but at the time I was unable to answer the phone. If I had his number, I could have saved him the trouble of driving all the way over! Later in the day, I emailed him to apologize, explain, and mention why it would have been a good idea for him to give me his number. No response so I am going to assume that he is pissed off that shit happens to us too.

The last couple of days I have been bogged down with a few repairs and of course scheduling goes out the window in these cases. A very nice gent that I see on occasion booked some time with me. I had his number and was able to call and reschedule. There is the trust! He knows that I would never call or text him out of the blue. The number is there for an emergency not to use to solicit.

Ladies...I would love to hear more reasons (if any) for why a number is so important.

For all that and many other reasons, I only book by phone, and all confirmations need to be done voice to voice, not voice to voicemail, by phone. Yes, you can use a payphone or block the #, but if you don't reach me for the confirmation half hour in advance or so, there is no appt. If you choose a payphone or block #, you also have to take the chance that I can't reach you if something goes awry, which could be many things since we last talked. INcluding, once where something went wrong with my phone, I wasn't paying attention to the front door or checking for messages, and someone could not reach me thru calling or intercom. Had he left a # even with the message he left, once I realized the trouble, I could have called him back, especially considering I could see him at the front door walking away (too far for me to get down to the lobby too lol.)

related to the phone number thing, I totally get it. But I actually don't have a cell phone (only guy under 30 that doesnt apparently), and my work number is blocked.

Anyone have any tips for me how to get around this when contacting SPs?

I was in the same position and got a pay-as-you-go phone from the now non-existent 7-11. PetroCanada has a similar offering and there is no need to leave behind any contact information unlike Rogers or Bell prepaid.

related to the phone number thing, I totally get it. But I actually don't have a cell phone (only guy under 30 that doesnt apparently), and my work number is blocked.

Anyone have any tips for me how to get around this when contacting SPs?

Exactly what I was going to say, Samantha.

Bad apples exist in every profession, not just ours.

You are more likely to be stalked or harassed by someone you pursue for a NSA relationship.

There's an old saying "you pay a call girl to leave" - at the end of the day, I have no interest in making your life difficult, because I wish to be treated the same.