"Not a spinner" "code?" I hope not!

I recently posted a review where I used the expression "not a spinner." I had a couple pms with questions from well-meaning guys asking whether these words were code words for overweight or large??

I DEFINITELY did NOT mean that, but instead I was using this expression to mean that the lady was not extremely tiny or thin ... characteristics where I think the term "spinner" is appropriate. The lady I was referring to has a beautiful figure, so I feel very badly about people questioning the meaning of that reference.

Of course, including a reference that someone is not "__________" leads some reads to believe that the opposite is true, so I'm going to avoid that sort of reference in the future in favor of something postive that is less ambiguous. I'm trying to decide what other better reference terms exist and whether the "not a spinner" reference has been a source of confusion for others or frustration to the ladies.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Edited by Kubrickfan
  • Like 1

I've been refereed to as a spinner from time to time as well but I don't think I fall into that category. I'm 5'6 and lean, with curves. I think the term is suited to a very petite girl under 5"2 and less than 100 pounds. I don't think your reference would offend or cause confusion for the ladies.

It's likely that many stopped at "not a spinner" without retaining the rest of your description. Having a beautiful figure for me are key operative words in your reco.... that means while not being a spinner (i think Erin defined it well), everything is well proportioned; height, weigth etc...

When a read a reco, i combine it with a visit to the profile or website pictures to get a "better picture", putting the words into context. That would be proper research for me before.

Regardless, i do not think confusion could be entirely avoided as when reading words, a reader will interpret them according to their "bias". Finding the right words is difficult.

Hope this helps, and makes sense....

This is a touchy subject, because no matter what way you refer to her, there will be someone saying "is she a BBW/ is she a large woman/ etc..."

Here is the word I use to describe myself "curvy". I still get "so you are a BIG woman?" I am not a large woman, but I am far from a spinner.

As far as your reco goes, write what you wish and how you feel about the lady! No one should be judgmental towards you or the lady.

I agree that a spinner is someone who is so tiny you could spin them around on top of you!

A curvy woman should be someone who is in the average weight range, who has curves that appeal to you.

• Like 1

Isn't average all a matter of persective though? not that I wish to start a new discussion.

He realized the potential problem he posted a correction right away to clairify things, I think that he did the right thing.

There will always be some confusion around this topic no mater how many time we try to nail things down.

Quotes

Fred R. Barnyard

"One picture is worth a ten thousand words"

Margaret ''''' Hungerford

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

The differences between us is what makes us individuals.

I actually went back and removed the "not a spinner" description from the review in question. I think it now reads more acurately anyways.

I think some guys think if the girl is not a spinner then she is fat. What is considered a spinner? Someone who is 5'0" and 95 lbs or is she someone who is 5'2" 110 lbs? Or both? There are women out there above this weight range from 110-130 lbs in different heights and they are not fat. It all depends on the person's body and of course hobbyists will always perceive a woman's body differently.

IMO, this is how I would classify a woman's figure in different sizes...

Tiny... short and very thin ( or a spinner)

Petite short, thin and feminine ( or a spinner)

Slim thin with feminine curves

Curvy not overweight but not thin either

Voluptuous - pleasantly plump with curves

BBW - larger lady with curves

I amazed how touchy some people get when it comes to certain things. If I read "not a spinner", I would not assume you mean the exact opposite, e.g. big girl or BBW.

Rather than saying what you do not want, perhaps you might try describing more of what you do want. That might make it a bit easier just because, there are varying descriptions between spinner and BBW.

Let's face it, we're guys and we're doofuses, well most of us. Every woman is different and we cant base one womans description on another, we're also visual animals and our little head does the thinking most of the time!

I have an absolutley stunning friend who is 5'7 and 160 pounds it's pure muscle mass and all toned if you were to look at her some would call her a spinner, but to the uninformed if they were to read just her measurments they would assume she is "fat" jeezzus guys can be such jerks!

What's important to remember is that women of all shapes and sizes appeal to all sorts and that variety is the spice of life :) Gent's should keep this in mind when reviewing recommendations and ladies descriptions.

Variety is the spice of life, and I love all shapes and sizes ;)

What's important to remember is that women of all shapes and sizes appeal to all sorts and that variety is the spice of life :) Gent's should keep this in mind when reviewing recommendations and ladies descriptions.

I amazed how touchy some people get when it comes to certain things. If I read "not a spinner", I would not assume you mean the exact opposite, e.g. big girl or BBW.

Rather than saying what you do not want, perhaps you might try describing more of what you do want. That might make it a bit easier just because, there are varying descriptions between spinner and BBW.

Angela --

Agreed and I have adjusted accordingly. I have seen other guys use this reference so I started this thread as a way to sensitize the guys to this issue.

Good reminder for all of us Kubrickfan. Any reco I've done I've always sent to the lady first just to make sure they are ok with everything I'm saying. But probably also a good lesson here to not start anything with "Is not...". Staying in the spirit of CERB and positiveness of this community likely better to describe what a lady is in positive and factual terms. And if you can't stay within this then don't say anything. But I could see myself writing the exact same way you did without giving it much thought. Thanks again for keeping the bar high for this community. Cub

I got to thinking some of the best time I have had wiht an sp have been where/when I was looking for a certain type, let say........blue hair and end up getting one with pruple hair, just becaue I..............cannot explain it, but what ends up happening is that I end up having a realy good time some a type of person that I had not started out looking for.

Personality and all of that has a big factor in tis as well

remember guys come in all diff sizes too! I detest the lsa ratings

Posted via Mobile Device

Touche'! (smile) What are the "lsa ratings?"

The size thing is so annoying, I refer to myself as zaftig

When people call, I ask if they are okay with a fuller figured lady and if they start hesitating I say if me being a bit bigger is an issue for you then you should probably see somebody else

I have over 100 pictures on my website, if you can't tell my size by looking at them.. there's not much else I can do

I'm curious what Isa ratings?

When people call, I ask if they are okay with a fuller figured lady and if they start hesitating I say if me being a bit bigger is an issue for you then you should probably see somebody else

I have over 100 pictures on my website, if you can't tell my size by looking at them.. there's not much else I can do

looks services attitude on a scale of one to 10, i find that very demeaning

Posted via Mobile Device

I go with zaftig too!

Once though, I posted on CL in the casual encounters section (I was just looking to get laid) and I described myself as a "zaftig treat" and holy shit did I get some hilariously clueless responses. Such as, "a zaftig treat, what is that, like some kind of doobie?"

LMAO! some kind of doobie!! ya sha-doobie boobies:boobeyes:

I go with zaftig too!

Once though, I posted on CL in the casual encounters section (I was just looking to get laid) and I described myself as a "zaftig treat" and holy shit did I get some hilariously clueless responses. Such as, "a zaftig treat, what is that, like some kind of doobie?"

I go with zaftig too!

Ok, my turn to sound silly, but what is Zaftig?

Yes, all you need to do is google it,definition is right there ;) which made me laugh about those that sent messages to Berlin asking what is Zaftig..instead looking it up, would of been the same amount of time writing an email or looking it up...still laughing about doobie

Zaftig = full rounded figure ... "pleasingly plump"

Good points, KF. I've used the phrase myself, but without intending to convey that the woman was large. I guess it could be ambiguous, though.

I think some guys think if the girl is not a spinner then she is fat. What is considered a spinner? Someone who is 5'0" and 95 lbs or is she someone who is 5'2" 110 lbs? Or both? There are women out there above this weight range from 110-130 lbs in different heights and they are not fat. It all depends on the person's body and of course hobbyists will always perceive a woman's body differently.

IMO, this is how I would classify a woman's figure in different sizes...

Tiny... short and very thin ( or a spinner)

Petite short, thin and feminine ( or a spinner)

Slim thin with feminine curves

Curvy not overweight but not thin either

Voluptuous - pleasantly plump with curves

BBW - larger lady with curves

Nicolette -- Nicely done ... these are helpful!

Well I wonder where I fit in here. Its not always the case but right now I weigh 140, stand 5 5 and you can bounce a dime off my well toned butt or anywhere else for that matter.

Size 4, a spinner? I think not, but I don't fit into any other catagory either. I think I will forget all the catagories because the body will eventully fail us all and we will have to rely on our sparkeling personalities. :-)

Perhpas some clients come to visit because of my reported physical condition but I think they come back because they are treated like kings and if I'm a spinner or a BBW it makes no difference in the end.

• Like 1