Your Favorite Kid Toy

Guest jake_cdn

Seems to be a lot of nostalgia in this forum so I thought that I would throw in one more...

What were your favorite toys that you had when you were growning up.

List all that come to mind. I had a great time reminising while coming up with mine.

Secret Sam ( Spy kit in an attaché case )

Secret_Sam_2.jpg

Give-a-Show Projector

GiveAShowPopeye2.jpg

Spirograph

250px-Spirograph.jpg 250px-Various_Spirograph_Designs.jpg

Edited by jake_cdn

Stuff that sparked my imagination that also usually had other media tie ins. Star Wars figures and toys, Transformers, G.I. Joe; I was addicted to that stuff and really wish I had kept them. A lot of it is worth some serious coin these days.

The girl across the alley from me.

I even remember her name...........*sigh*, those were the days.

Here is just a few of my old toys! Care Bears (grams bear)/Popples/Pogo Ball! The pogo ball was my fav, until my dad tried jumping on it and broke the plat form!

grams-beanie.jpgCB9036.jpg

6000.jpg

We had plently of games and toys in our home. The thing we did most was as a family though, we played cards almost every night. As children they were kids games but as we grew we played cribbage and 45's.

This tradition remains and when we get together the cards and board will still come out.

My sister and I could play cribbage by the time we were seven years old.:icon_smile:

Certainly showing my age with this one. When a kid, it was Meccano sets. Girders and braces and nuts and bolts.

Another favorite was a small oval Lionel train set.

Certainly showing my age with this one. When a kid, it was Meccano sets. Girders and braces and nuts and bolts.

Another favorite was a small oval Lionel train set.

I have had a train set for the first time at the age of 12 and I have been adding to it since then until I moved out at my parents house in 1993 and by that time it had gotten big, building bridges with a meccano set and making mountains with "papier mache" etc.

Board games had a big roll in our home. Favs included; Clue, Stock Ticker, Masterpiece, Monopoly, Dealers Choice, but my personal best toy was my Strombecker Road Race set. Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

Mind you... i must admit... my favorite kid toy was not a toy at all, but a little (yes, little) appendage between my legs. Once I hit twelve, all the games in the world came second (pardon the pun).

A few classics come to mind.

I remember laying out epic battles with little plastic army men in my parent's basement :)

As well, I have played way too much NES and Sega Genesis over the course of my life!

I guess that last one raises the question of whether or not video games can be considered toys

Tonka Toys-and back in the day, they were all metal, built to last

Also, GI Joe, and they aren't dolls, they are action figures

And back before politically correct was in vogue, we played cowboys and indians...had a cowboy outfit complete with toy 6 shooters, and friends had indian outfit complete with bow and arrow (toy arrow)...all innocent fun back then, now, well not PC

RG

Mine was a gigantic tonka truck my uncle brought with him on the plane all the way from Los Angeles to London! Couldn't get tonka toys in England in those days, so he brought one over for me. Was always my favorite and still have it. :)

Meg thank you!! How could I forget my CPK collection? You have no idea how much I cried when my mom got rid of them. I still love them :oops: (not really embarassed but a my age I thought the embarassed smiley would be appropriate lol)

Lite Brite, Etch-a-sketch and cabbage patch dolls

Guest S**a*Q
Coleco head to head baseball

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS0p7OmXt23XjiJ3nSDKaPmSEIOilk8-mz8XeUYPI_OIvnFvYj

We must be the same age... I was just thinking about a pogo ball :) Hehehe!

Hot Wheels and Tonka trucks.

The Tonka trucks were a gift from the older boys who lived across the road. They were metal and very beat up but they were new to me and so much fun. A few years ago they went to my nephew.

Lite Brite:

dnd%204%20lite%20brite.jpg

View Master - my first 3D experience:

viewmaster_red_with_reel.jpg

Battleship:

battleship.jpg

Loved Battleship!!!! Might expain why I went in to the Royal Navy...use to kick my Father's ass everytime we played! :D

• Like 1

Curious George, Raggidy Ann & Andy, Monopoly, rubics cube, the little oven that you could bake in I forget the name but it caught on fire :( lmao. Good times and so many awesome toys yahhh

• Like 1