Etiquette Question - Tipping

I have been to MP's and now almost exclusively see the Indie girls. I rarely tip a girl for a session, they advertise their price and I feel that is all that is needed. However, the girls that I really like I see time and time again and my repeat business I feel is at least equivalent to leaving a tip.

Sometimes I will bring some wine for us or a gift of some sort for her. A couple of girls I have taken for breakfast or other social events. Occasionally, they take me out to a social event, but I always do my best to pay for whatever it is we are attending. I have a couple girls that I have seen 12-15 times at least, they treat me very well and I repeat my business with them rather than others.

There is something to be said for a repeat customer especially in this hobby. Safe, dependable, clean, courteous, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. Reason for asking is twofold. First didn't know if there was an industry standard for tips. Second, if no industry standard, too low a tip can be more of an insult than no tip at all (here's an extra $5.00, get yourself a Timmies...you see what I mean)

RG

Thanks for the feedback. Reason for asking is twofold. First didn't know if there was an industry standard for tips. Second, if no industry standard, too low a tip can be more of an insult than no tip at all (here's an extra $5.00, get yourself a Timmies...you see what I mean)

RG

Too funny!!! But probably spot on!

Additional Comments:

RG

Too funny!!! But probably spot on!

RG

Tipping is never expected and most don't, but those who do usually tip me an extra $20 or $40. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

Tipping is never expected and most don't' date=' but those who do usually tip me an extra $20 or $40. Not sure if that's helpful or not.[/quote']

Megan

That's very helpful

Thank you

RG

I've only been tipped two or three times in my entire career. Once it was an extra $50, and then an extra $20 a couple of times.

It's never expected, as Megan said, but if someone does tip, I am always grateful for that little extra.

And when I was working with the agency, that's when I could have used the tips the most.

I have on the rare occasion been tipped an extra $20 and I have one regular who likes to tip $80 every time. I am always so grateful for a tip, be it $10 or $80. I always make sure to say an extra thank you in my usual follow up "thank you" email :).

I have always tipped in cash or gift cards (La Senza mostly) on top of bringing some wine, beer or flowers depending on what the girl likes. The cash tip is a thank you for the great time and I have never been disappointed.

I have heard from many SP's that some guys bring toys as gifts which is fun, but in actually fact is that some guys are buying the gifts for themselves to be used on them by the SP. ie buttplugs, strapons dildos etc. I believe that its tacky and although the girls may look happy when receiving such a gift they usually end up throwing in the toy drawer and never use it. I don't consider that a gift. I had one experience when an SP mentioned that during her move her DVD player was stolen, so I picked one up before our next meeting. Needless to say she was very happy and I was very pleasantly rewarded and to this day she still thanks me for the thought.

Cash always wins and will get you more satisfaction on your next visit.

ATH

• Like 1

Although someone might say its all money at the end I make the distinction between a gift and a tip.

A gift has NSA. A tip is due to service rendered and is provided after the event.

Unless I know what specific gifts are appreciated I usually gift cash. It helps when the lady in question has a list of gift ideas.

Interesting thread - no wonder it keeps coming back. I'm glad it did, it's a very interesting read.

Minor thread-jacking here, sorry...

@ cat (hopefully you visit CERB again sometime!) -

Not bad for a country hick with no education. But it will be over at some point, what then?

What then?!? Write a book or something! Holy cow I love reading your posts. Seriously, write a book about your life, your experiences, whatever - I'd read it!.. I have a feeling A LOT of other people would too. IMHO you're a natural, and I think I'd enjoy reading just about anything you wrote.

I have always tipped in cash or gift cards (La Senza mostly) on top of bringing some wine, beer or flowers depending on what the girl likes. The cash tip is a thank you for the great time and I have never been disappointed.

I have heard from many SP's that some guys bring toys as gifts which is fun, but in actually fact is that some guys are buying the gifts for themselves to be used on them by the SP. ie buttplugs, strapons dildos etc. I believe that its tacky and although the girls may look happy when receiving such a gift they usually end up throwing in the toy drawer and never use it. I don't consider that a gift. I had one experience when an SP mentioned that during her move her DVD player was stolen, so I picked one up before our next meeting. Needless to say she was very happy and I was very pleasantly rewarded and to this day she still thanks me for the thought.

ATH

I can only imagine that she must think of you every time she watches a DVD :D;)!

Very sweet thing of you to do ATH and great that she still appreciates it.

I had one experience when an SP mentioned that during her move her DVD player was stolen, so I picked one up before our next meeting. Needless to say she was very happy and I was very pleasantly rewarded and to this day she still thanks me for the thought.

Just like most ladies have commented I do not expect a tip neither do I ask for any gifts but I don't think cash always wins. I feel happier when a client brings something thoughtful for me :)

However Etas made a very good point by saying there is a difference between a gift and a tip. So either of them I'm grateful.

I wanted to add my favourite tip ever! A client and I were discussing what we were reading in an email prior to meeting. When he showed up, he brought me the sequel as a gift!

This is the kind of tip/gift I was talking about that IMO wins over some extra cash. It not only shows appreciation from the client but is also great that he remembered about it and put an extra effort getting it.

I wanted to add my favourite tip ever! A client and I were discussing what we were reading in an email prior to meeting. When he showed up' date=' he brought me the sequel as a gift![/quote']

For a morning appt, I have a reg who tends to bring me a large latte. That is an awesome gift. Also, recently, stay up stockings. It is quite difficult to keep these around, as they tend to snag and run almost as soon as you put them on, yet going out shopping for more is not always convenient. So receiving a couple of pairs recently was a very thoughtful gesture to me.

There were a few things I needed clarification on before I arrange my first visit but tipping seemed pretty natural. If the encounter went exceeded expectations I would tip just like any other personal service.

Generally speaking, I will do two of the options suggested. I try to be as bankable as possible given my financial resources (this usually means about once every few months because I'm on an extremely limited government pension, and we all know how cheap provincial governments are). Secondly if I have it, I usually try to tip anywhere between 10 and 25% depending on how good the service actually is.

I thought "tips accepted" was a just an euphemism for "will do stuff beyond what's posted on this site". Guess I was wrong. Now I feel bad. :???:

I really hate to sound like the new guy here (although, I am) but I've seen a lot of talk for SP's, but almost nothing on MP's. So here's my question; if I go get a massage, and it's a good one, what the right amount to tip? A friend told me that he got one once, and when he tipped 20, the girl demanded more, and said that's the only way she gets paid. My friend can be cheap, but I'm not sure if he was in that case lol; anyone have any thoughts? what is the right amount to tip for an hour massage?

I really hate to sound like the new guy here (although, I am) but I've seen a lot of talk for SP's, but almost nothing on MP's. So here's my question; if I go get a massage, and it's a good one, what the right amount to tip? A friend told me that he got one once, and when he tipped 20, the girl demanded more, and said that's the only way she gets paid. My friend can be cheap, but I'm not sure if he was in that case lol; anyone have any thoughts? what is the right amount to tip for an hour massage?

I think in your friend's case "tip" is code for the fee for anything extra, like hj, bj, fs beyond just a straight non-sexual massage. I believe there is a room fee paid to the front desk and yes, that does not go to the girl in the room. NOt sure what they do in the case where there are no extras, I am sure it happens. Possibly she gets a minimum amount of some sort??

Her real $ come directly from extras or "tip". However, that amount is discussed before anything happens, so it should not have been a surprise to him or even up to him to decide how much extra to give her. If she didn't discuss the correct amount for anything extra, that would be an unfortunate lesson she can learn for next time. If there was nothing extra, just massage, then giving her 20 would be within reason I suppose.

I think in your friend's case "tip" is code for the fee for anything extra, like hj, bj, fs beyond just a straight non-sexual massage. I believe there is a room fee paid to the front desk and yes, that does not go to the girl in the room. NOt sure what they do in the case where there are no extras, I am sure it happens. Possibly she gets a minimum amount of some sort??

Her real $ come directly from extras or "tip". However, that amount is discussed before anything happens, so it should not have been a surprise to him or even up to him to decide how much extra to give her. If she didn't discuss the correct amount for anything extra, that would be an unfortunate lesson she can learn for next time. If there was nothing extra, just massage, then giving her 20 would be within reason I suppose.

Thanks Fortunate, that's good to know. I felt really uncomfortable going into any of these situations without that kind of info. I appreciate it!

There are so massage providers, like myself, where the fee includes everything and no tips are expected. Rates in Ottawa would be around $160/hour. There are other massage providers or parlours where you pay a basic room fee that goes to the house, and then you tip on that of that for the services you want. For example, the room fee may be $60 and then you pay $20 if you want a clothed release, $40 for topless, $60 for nude, $80 for body slides, and $100 for all of the above and company in the shower.

Prices generally work out to about the same. Sometimes guys can get duped (OMG only $60/hour for as massage??) without realizing the surchages. Some prefer the set price, others prefer the option to "create your own" massage experience and tip for the exact services you want. The best thing to do is to ask what is included in the basic rate. If the hourly fee is low, expect to tip for anything above and beyond a basic massage.

Another new guy question sorry lol. I was just wondering when it comes to MP, do the ladies feel odd about how I look. I look REALY young(like I'm 14) but I'm really 20. Must be weird for them to massage what they think is a kid.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

For some ladies, your age is not a big deal, so just proceed as per normal.

There are other ladies that will not see guys if they are under a certain age, say 25 or whatever number. Has a lot to do with the perceived level of maturity of guys under and over that age and sometimes the respect level associated as well.

If you do attend an MP and you are of age, but look really, really young, you should be prepared with some photo ID. As well, you might want to show a high level of maturity and respect towards the ladies and especially any that might have that bias towards younger guys.

Read up on the lady you are interested in and you may be able to tell if she does have an age restriction or concerns. If you do run up against the wrong side of an age restriction, again show a high level of maturity, thank her for her time and be prepared to move on to another lady. Never hurts to have a plan "B" in mind just in case. The good news is that you will soon enough be considered an old fart and then you will be in the same boat as the rest of us.

Good luck

Another new guy question sorry lol. I was just wondering when it comes to MP, do the ladies feel odd about how I look. I look REALY young(like I'm 14) but I'm really 20. Must be weird for them to massage what they think is a kid.

Posted via Mobile Device

I thought "tips accepted" was a just an euphemism for "will do stuff beyond what's posted on this site". Guess I was wrong. Now I feel bad. :???:

Don't feel bad. At least you're willing to ask, listen and learn.

All of the independent SPs I am friends with charge all inclusive rates.

Basically it's like tipping is not expected, but always appreciated.

Which is why we don't like it when guys try to bargain (but that's another topic altogether.