Etiquette Question - Tipping

When I tip her and she falls over, she gets mad at me and yells.

Be careful when tipping your SP. Make sure she lands on a soft surface.

When I tip her and she falls over, she gets mad at me and yells.

Be careful when tipping your SP. Make sure she lands on a soft surface.

:D yup they are not as resilient as cows! when it comes to taking a tip that is!!

But seriously a good mix of personal gifts that they want and cash is the best balance! know your SP and give her gifts that she can use and wants. If they like animal prints get them animal prints, if they work out get them work out gear, if they are girly girls get them cool fragrances. I sometimes but my favorite SP gifts for me too but I am stupid enough to think that they appreciate them, how many swim suits does a girl need? how many vibrators or bottles of massage oil? Ya I get em but they are for me not here. Take the time to learn there shoe size and dress size, look around their place and see if there is anything missing. Bedding is always a hit too.

I have had jobs in bars and restaurants, and whenever I saw a big tipper walk in, I made sure they got excellent service. I wasn't there for the minimum wage paycheque. So needless to say, the same is true in this biz. Tipping gets you onto the VIP list. I would encourage it if you want a particular SP to remeber you, or if you had an exceptionally great time. It is a nice way to get into her good books, but once you become a regular, tipping would not be necessary. Unless of course you find a fun toy to experiment with, or lingerie you'd like to see her in.

Guest i***k***
I have had jobs in bars and restaurants, and whenever I saw a big tipper walk in, I made sure they got excellent service. I wasn't there for the minimum wage paycheque. So needless to say, the same is true in this biz. Tipping gets you onto the VIP list. I would encourage it if you want a particular SP to remeber you, or if you had an exceptionally great time. It is a nice way to get into her good books, but once you become a regular, tipping would not be necessary. Unless of course you find a fun toy to experiment with, or lingerie you'd like to see her in.

I don't tip SPs... I repeat if I really like the lady... Sometimes I'll bring a little gift or something but personally I don't think tipping is needed. If a lady provides top end service they'll get my business again, if they don't they won't. If I need to tip to get on a "VIP list" I probably don't want to be seeing that particular lady at all.

I don't tip SPs... I repeat if I really like the lady... Sometimes I'll bring a little gift or something but personally I don't think tipping is needed. If a lady provides top end service they'll get my business again, if they don't they won't. If I need to tip to get on a "VIP list" I probably don't want to be seeing that particular lady at all.

I'm of the same mindset. I always go out of my way to be respectful and entertaining, and generally go for 90 min or 2hr visits when first meeting someone to ensure that a personal connection is made. Quite often more than half the visit is get-to-know-you chit-chat, where anything sexual is not discussed unless it comes up as part of the conversation. I need that to happen to enhance the experience, and it's obvious that real personal intimacy is very much appreciated, probably even more so than simply handing over an extra brown bill. If I had the means, maybe it would be different...but I don't.

This is very interesting. I'm still a newbie, well not even that. I've called now and than (like once a year) and everytime, I was told that for just a CBJ I have to tip them $xxx amount and FS was like twice the advertised price. And these were from an Agency in the Yellow Pages -long before I knew about CERB.

So I gather from what you're all saying is that typically the posted fee is just that -no hidden costs for FS or even GFE if the SP has it advertised (unless stated otherwise)? I was surprised when the SP wanted like twice the posted rate as a "tip" upfront. It's kind of a mood killer when I feel cheated by having to pay twice what I agreed to, but it's too late to turn her away, my other brain has been in hyperdrive for an hour already!

Don't get me wrong, I believe SP's should deff be paid a fair rate and I found Cat's responses very interesting -I didn't realize an SP may only make like $10 on some calls (extreme cases I assume) which is not right either.

I was replying to the question of when to tip, but forgot to attatch the quote, so my previous comment may have seemed a bit out of context! But since we are headed in this direction, I feel a need to elaberate!

I am not a volume girl, and, on a "day off", I may choose to see a regular, even if I had made other plans. So technically, they would be on my hypothetical vip list!

Edited by ASHLEY XOXOX
replied to the wrong thread...

Ahhh, the ?tipping? debate! I noticed there was a decided void in SP response so I will take a minute to share my thoughts?

From an agency girl perspective, tipping is often a way to generate extra income because after they pay the agency and the driver, they usually end up on the short end of the stick. 10 years ago, I ran for an agency, we collected $260 for an hour, with $110 going to the house, $40-$100 to the driver depending on where the visit was located, which left me maximum of $110 with as little as $10 in my pocket. With a $15 book on fee and mandatory car cell phone fees of $25 per night, I needed 3 full fees per night to make working worthwhile, God forbid I get credit card calls, which somehow always worked out us getting nothing. We were not allowed to refuse a call so we had to find creative ways to ensure we were paid. Tipping for extra service was the only way to keep our heads above water. The nice thing was that we had a shift, we worked, and we went home and had a life. That said, it was unfair to the guest who would end up with less than what he expected because he was not prepared for the extra fees.

Independents are in a slightly different boat. We usually have a higher upfront fee, but we also assume ALL the costs incurred, which is far more than many realize. If we charged what we feel we should to get our ROI, the protests would be heard long and loud. Many Indies have a smaller bottom line than an ambitious girl at a well run agency. So when it comes to tips, many things need to be considered.

In the south, SP's are tipped much in the same manner as a restaurant. Anyone walking a restaurant wouldn?t consider walking out without leaving a tip if everything was satisfactory. I tip everyone in the service industry, from the girl who washes my hair, to the man at Suny?s who pumps my gas because a little bit from many adds up at the end of the day.

Flowers and trinkets are lovely in thought, but a girl can?t deposit wilted stems into an RRSP, and my bank doesn?t seem to take dildos, massage oil, garter belts or silk stockings on deposit -go figure! As Joyful C has so wisely stated, most SP?s live a fragile existence financially. We provide an illusion of playful luxury for our guests benefit, but rest assured, 90% of the time it is smoke and mirrors. Behind the scenes we struggle to pay our bills, put diapers on our babies and try to take care of those we love, all the while working on a way to get to a normal existence if that does in fact even exist.

An extra $20 from each client equals a full appointment by the end of the week, and at the end of the month that pays the cell phone, buys the groceries and lets us take the little ones away for the weekend after we have paid both rents (home and incall), all our advertising, babysitters, hydro, car repairs, personal maintenance and the same expenses everyone else has. Not to mention the monthly payments on augmentation, lifts, tucks and anything else to keep us up to the exceptionally high standards expected if we want to continue making money in this arena.

There are few SP?s who can keep up the daily client service to ensure long term financial viability in this business because of the emotional and physical toll this business extracts which sometimes means extended time offs to get our heads, hearts and bodies back in order. We have no paid holidays, benefits or paid personal days. If there is a crisis that forces us to take time off, we lose money and clients which often means we work regardless of illness, pain or any other of lifes challenges.

Each SP has her own reasons for working, but the universal element is that we all are trying to achieve some sort of financial stability. I never expect tips, and I can count on one hand how many I have received since my arrival in Canada because of the nature of the business here. Hate to tell you guys, but Canadian men are not known for their generous nature, they rank a close second to Germans in this realm (I think the outlandishly high taxes inflicted in both countries has something to do with it!). I would never expect a tip from guests that have me on retainer, I see them weekly. But unless you are going to be a bankable commodity in a SP?s life, a tip relative to the quality of service is a sure way to say thank you and have her know you mean it...

Catherine

I must say after reading this, it make me want to stay away from the angencies!

Apex

I must say after reading this, it make me want to stay away from the angencies!

Apex

I don't think you should entirely. There are well run agencies around and also agencies run by the SP themselves. My hypothesis is having gone through it an SP run agency might bias itself in favor of the provider.

As a shameless plug have a look at this thread http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7425

I don't think you should entirely. There are well run agencies around and also agencies run by the SP themselves. My hypothesis is having gone through it an SP run agency might bias itself in favor of the provider.

As a shameless plug have a look at this thread http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7425

I will not go unless the SP make more than 80% of the fees! IMHO!

Apex

Well I'll offer my two cents as a newbie. When I see my first SP I'll pay up front what the fee is. After we're done, she will get a tip, based on how good a time we had.

I'm a good tipper, whether at a restaurant, getting a haircut (what little I have LOL) etc, and I see no difference here

RG

I always says, tipping is not expected, but appreciated. Like Cat suggested, I set a rate and rely on that, not tips. I also agree with her that Canadian men are not overly generous with tipping, but it may also be regional because I remember getting more tips when I worked in Northern Alberta in the mid-90s than I ever got in Toronto or Ottawa.

I chuckle when I am asked to give "change back" (I'm talking $10 sometimes). I have also been paid in "rolled change" in which case I ended up getting a $20 tip for my troubles.

The best "tip" I can receive is repeat business. That's all I can say.

Guest s******ecan****
I also agree with her that Canadian men are not overly generous with tipping, but it may also be regional because I remember getting more tips when I worked in Northern Alberta in the mid-90s than I ever got in Toronto or Ottawa.

I think it is partly due to the fact that entreprenurialism is still not part of the Canadian mentality. People who are self employed, or are business owners generally tip more generously (although are likely much more selective about when and who they tip).

If I am happy with the service not only do I tip, I love to do it. I really enjoy recognizing others for excellent service. This counts not just for SP's but other services. I'll also take the time to write letters of recognition, pay compliments etc. Last year I had to go see the Feds about passports for some family members. The lady handling it was polite, and extremely competent. At the end I paid her a sincere and generous compliment. Her reaction made it clear it was rare to hear something of this nature.

For SP's I always tip in cash so the lady can use it for anything she needs.

To me you pay the SP her fee for showing up and providing the service. You should tip based on how satisfying or pleasurable you found the encounter (YMMV). For me that means sincerity, enthusiasm, hygiene, manners, etc,.;-)

Ahhh, the ?tipping? debate! I noticed there was a decided void in SP response so I will take a minute to share my thoughts?

From an agency girl perspective, tipping is often a way to generate extra income because after they pay the agency and the driver, they usually end up on the short end of the stick. 10 years ago, I ran for an agency, we collected $260 for an hour, with $110 going to the house, $40-$100 to the driver depending on where the visit was located, which left me maximum of $110 with as little as $10 in my pocket. With a $15 book on fee and mandatory car cell phone fees of $25 per night, I needed 3 full fees per night to make working worthwhile, God forbid I get credit card calls, which somehow always worked out us getting nothing. We were not allowed to refuse a call so we had to find creative ways to ensure we were paid. Tipping for extra service was the only way to keep our heads above water. The nice thing was that we had a shift, we worked, and we went home and had a life. That said, it was unfair to the guest who would end up with less than what he expected because he was not prepared for the extra fees.

Independents are in a slightly different boat. We usually have a higher upfront fee, but we also assume ALL the costs incurred, which is far more than many realize. If we charged what we feel we should to get our ROI, the protests would be heard long and loud. Many Indies have a smaller bottom line than an ambitious girl at a well run agency. So when it comes to tips, many things need to be considered.

In the south, SP's are tipped much in the same manner as a restaurant. Anyone walking a restaurant wouldn?t consider walking out without leaving a tip if everything was satisfactory. I tip everyone in the service industry, from the girl who washes my hair, to the man at Suny?s who pumps my gas because a little bit from many adds up at the end of the day.

Flowers and trinkets are lovely in thought, but a girl can?t deposit wilted stems into an RRSP, and my bank doesn?t seem to take dildos, massage oil, garter belts or silk stockings on deposit -go figure! As Joyful C has so wisely stated, most SP?s live a fragile existence financially. We provide an illusion of playful luxury for our guests benefit, but rest assured, 90% of the time it is smoke and mirrors. Behind the scenes we struggle to pay our bills, put diapers on our babies and try to take care of those we love, all the while working on a way to get to a normal existence if that does in fact even exist.

An extra $20 from each client equals a full appointment by the end of the week, and at the end of the month that pays the cell phone, buys the groceries and lets us take the little ones away for the weekend after we have paid both rents (home and incall), all our advertising, babysitters, hydro, car repairs, personal maintenance and the same expenses everyone else has. Not to mention the monthly payments on augmentation, lifts, tucks and anything else to keep us up to the exceptionally high standards expected if we want to continue making money in this arena.

There are few SP?s who can keep up the daily client service to ensure long term financial viability in this business because of the emotional and physical toll this business extracts which sometimes means extended time offs to get our heads, hearts and bodies back in order. We have no paid holidays, benefits or paid personal days. If there is a crisis that forces us to take time off, we lose money and clients which often means we work regardless of illness, pain or any other of lifes challenges.

Each SP has her own reasons for working, but the universal element is that we all are trying to achieve some sort of financial stability. I never expect tips, and I can count on one hand how many I have received since my arrival in Canada because of the nature of the business here. Hate to tell you guys, but Canadian men are not known for their generous nature, they rank a close second to Germans in this realm (I think the outlandishly high taxes inflicted in both countries has something to do with it!). I would never expect a tip from guests that have me on retainer, I see them weekly. But unless you are going to be a bankable commodity in a SP?s life, a tip relative to the quality of service is a sure way to say thank you and have her know you mean it...

Catherine

This thread, and in particular this post by Cat, is very useful and lights up my mind about the tipping issue.

Each time I look at ads and websites of an agency or of an indy, donations, rates and services are key informations to me. Besides the enthousiasm and the charm of those beautiful ladies, this hobby is related to a business, and money is a real issue.

When I began to be an hobbiest, I want to take that seriously and be able to respect the ladies in very way I can. One critical issue is the way we give the donation, how we respect the rates without any negociation, and how we can ( or have) to tip, to manifest how glad we are with the moment shared. Bad tipping could be felt as an insult, like leaving pennies in a restaurant; a good tip will be appreciated and will be a good sign of respect.

Cat's post explain that very clearly, and keeps the relationship between the sp and the hobbiest in the reality of life. Tipping is not only based on the quality of what was given, but about the experience shared. "Efficiency" in that matter does not rely only on the sp, but, obviously also on the hobbiest; it needs two to tango!

For sure, to have a good time with a lady and to share the good time with her are the main goal of what I do here. When tipping comes in mind, my feeling is that it gives me an opportunity to share above the plain "donation".

With my many thanks to the wonderful ladies of cerb.

I've had almost 2 years to learn and grow and change from what I posted almost 2 years ago, and I still feel the same way: I don't believe tipping is expected, nor should we feel obligated to tip, but if you feel you got great service and want to tip, then go for it. And just because you tip once doesn't mean you have to do that every time from now on. And who cares if you tip before or after you get there....do it whenever you want, there are no rules about it!

I have learned that tipping with gifts, especially thoughtful gifts, goes a long way to helping to build a relationship...just like in the real world.

• Like 1

You are right, Capitalman. The key is word is "real world". My understanding is that when I want to take care of a relationship, I should try to find ways to manifest that. Gifts or tips, it depends on the situation and your personality; the main issue is to stay in the "real world", as you say.

Tipping is never on my mind and I truthfully never expect it. I only expect the amount I request to be in the envelope. However, when someone does choose to tip me, it makes me feel incredible. Only happens sometimes but when it does I feel like doing a little happy dance right in front of them. :grin:

• Like 1

I've always been a big tipper - restaraunts, haircuts, taxis, SPs, you name it - although I realize it's probably because I'm fairly well off, and like to brighten someones day whenever I can! You only live once, so why not make the experience fun for everyone around you.

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the helpful info. If I've had a wonderful time, I like to leave a little extra something for the lady (either a gift I know they'll enjoy, or a tip).

I've been tipped 3 times.. I've only been doing this for a few months. I never expect a tip so those few times really had me going "Omgosh you're so sweet!!". I would love a good review or repeat service over a tip anyday though. :)

• Like 1

Seriously guys...especially at the parlours...they are awesome and everything...but just like waitresses and dancers...they go by the tip...they need them pretty bad. Not to be disrespectful...but like the song says...they work hard for their money.

When you tip a Courtisane you are merely making sure that the lady knew you appreciated it and wants to make sure the next time you see her...she will look forward to it:)

Gifts are nice as well...means you were listening:)

Tipping is never on my mind and I truthfully never expect it. I only expect the amount I request to be in the envelope. However, when someone does choose to tip me, it makes me feel incredible. Only happens sometimes but when it does I feel like doing a little happy dance right in front of them. :grin:

Same for me also. Never expected but always appreciated.

I got a question about tipping, for me it's not should you or shouldn't you, I will.

The question is, is there a rate. For instance waiters/waitresses it is 15%

Is there a percentage rate for tips for sp's?

Thanks

RG

I got a question about tipping, for me it's not should you or shouldn't you, I will.

The question is, is there a rate. For instance waiters/waitresses it is 15%

Is there a percentage rate for tips for sp's?

Thanks

RG

I would say not at all. But look at what the rate is you are paying, and where you are going. Someone who is independent already has a rate they like, and keeps it all (outside of expenses). An agency or mp sp does not, and an extra 20 goes a long way on top of whatever they normally keep out of the full donation.