Guest *ig*a**

What I can't beleive is that this place is still here it must be Ottawa's oldest establishment,I wonder if Frank still owns the place?

What I can't beleive is that this place is still here it must be Ottawa's oldest establishment,I wonder if Frank still owns the place?

Is it? I would've guessed that Barefax and Pigales have been around at least as long.

Guest **oo**e

The Playmate was opened in 1970. 42 years ago. Frank does not own it. Claude does.

Pigale was known as Cabane d'la Cap. There are photos of it from 1975 but I am not sure when it was first built. It's first substantial renovation occurred in 1994. Both Frank and Joe owned Pigale.

The Barefax was opened in 1991. Frank and Joe also owned Barefax and several buildings in the Ottawa-Hull area.

Edited by **oo**e

Guest *ig*a**

Thats right but Frank used to own the mate then opened up Barefax and then had Pgales.

Guest **oo**e

Yes Frank used to own the Mate. Claude has owned it for ages though.

Joe and Frank owned Barefax. Phil is the owner now; though Frank may still have an interest in it.

As you probably all know Joe and Frank owned a number of strip clubs in the Ottawa, Manotick, Vanier, Hull and Gatineau area.

Yes Frank used to own the Mate. Claude has owned it for ages though.

Joe and Frank owned Barefax. Phil is the owner now; though Frank may still have an interest in it.

As you probably all know Joe and Frank owned a number of strip clubs in the Ottawa, Manotick, Vanier, Hull and Gatineau area.

All these guys seem to only have a first name. :confused0024:

Joe, Frank, Phil, and Claude...Short first names, too...Must be a requirement...

Guest **oo**e

OK, Joe, Frank and Phil Bentivoglio.

Truth be told Frank and Joe co-owned seven clubs in the area with André Fréchette .

A fellow cerbite reminded me in PM that the owner of the Mate is Jacques. Jacques Campeau actually.

Before being turned into a strip club the Mate was a discotheque.

Doug Petitt owns the NuDen by the way.

Does anybody remember that a patron of the Mate fired a shot at Frank and a bouncer narrowly missing both years ago ?.

Edited by **oo**e

Truth be told Frank and Joe co-owned seven clubs in the area with André Fréchette .

Technically, it is called a monopsony...Has its advantages...

thanks for the local history lesson.

best,

toine

Guest **oo**e

best,

toine

Actually no. A monopsony is a market where a single, usually large, buyer controls multiple sellers and has the ability to drive prices down.

best,

toine

And thanks for the english lesson. I've never heard that word before today. :)

Additional Comments:

Actually no. A monopsony is a market where a single, usually large, buyer controls multiple sellers and has the ability to drive prices down.

Isn't that what this would be? If a single group owns all of the stripclubs in town, then the strippers can only sell their services to that one group.

Guest **oo**e

Isn't that what this would be? If a single group owns all of the stripclubs in town, then the strippers can only sell their services to that one group.

Granted. It can apply to a supplier/purchaser relationship as well.

Perhaps describing it as a geriopoly is more apt these days ?

While on the history lesson, I gather the Silver Dollar used to be a pancake house with the same name (Silver Dollar Pancakes). It changed to a strip club sometime in the 80s.

I was driving by last tuesday night at around 8:30pm and their was a blond hair woman with huge boobs standing outside having a smoke. She had long hair and a long black jacket. If anyone know know if she is regular there every tuesday nights (or know which of the nights she is working) that would be great!

I was driving by last tuesday night at around 8:30pm and their was a blond hair woman with huge boobs standing outside having a smoke. She had long hair and a long black jacket. If anyone know know if she is regular there every tuesday nights (or know which of the nights she is working) that would be great!

You are not giving much as this may cover a large spectrum of dancers however, as a wild guess I would say that Annika who is tall with long blonde hair, sky blue eyes and pretty face with huge boobs qualifies for your description. I have never seen her dressed so I don't know about the color of her jacket lol. She has been at PM for many years and is regular as well very open minded in the CR.

Had an evening out, met with the following ladies:

Natalie: I've reviewed her before, she's a MILF with large knockers. Apparently she's been gone for awhile and this was her first night back.

Sasha/Natasha/Lady Class: She's a mixed ebony girl, also reviewed by me in the past. She's a spinner, and quite eager to please. She looked in her early- to mid-20's. She's also another one making a comeback here this night after several months away. She was known as Natasha or Lady Class before, tonight she was known as Sasha.

I also had a chance to talk to or see a few other girls, but didn't get a chance to see them personally:

Sasha: Yes, there were two Sashas here tonight! She was an ebony girl too. She looked like in her early 20's. She's from Jamaica, and also a spinner. This Sasha is a little darker than the other Sasha, otherwise it would've been impossible to come up with any adjectives to distinguish between these two. We chatted with her but didn't have time for a dance.

Valentine: A white blonde spinner, with a few tattoos. She looked like she might have been in her early- to mid-20's. The thing most distinguishable about her is that she was fantastic in her stage shows, extremely acrobatic. Maybe not quite as good as Ashley on the pole who works during the weekdays and wasn't working tonight, but quite a lot better than anybody else.

Hope this is appropriate to post an article on this thread. I follow it since once a year a come to PM and enjoy the experience in contrast to Calgary. This is an interesting discussion to follow from Calgary - http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/16/toronto-considers-easing-no-touch-rules-at-strip-clubs/

What ever rules are in Ottawa they seem at odds with what is in the discussion but seems to work since the dancers, for the most part, are in charge.

Hope this is appropriate to post an article on this thread. I follow it since once a year a come to PM and enjoy the experience in contrast to Calgary. This is an interesting discussion to follow from Calgary - http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/16/toronto-considers-easing-no-touch-rules-at-strip-clubs/

What ever rules are in Ottawa they seem at odds with what is in the discussion but seems to work since the dancers, for the most part, are in charge.

Yeah, Toronto is going to be allowing customers to shake hands with the dancers! How will the moral fiber of our nation remain intact with lax laws like this!?! :icon_lol:

One thing about Ottawa clubs as opposed to Gatineau clubs, for example, is that CR's are supposed to be completely uncovered and open. When the CR's were more private, there was lots of scrutiny in there (bouncers walking through constantly). Now with CR's being open, it actually seems things are more naturally conducted in there.

Some further discussion of this in the thread 'New Rules' re the G&M article about this development.