Things that suck, and not in a good way.

My mum (age 73) has cancer. She had a mastectomy in October and will be starting radiation treatment this week. Even though we have never been close, I am worried for her. I call her every week to see how she is doing and let her know that I do care.

• Like 4

I am not always in a position to speak on the phone and therefore I include in my ads the fact that first contact must be made via text or email. I am just trying to be discreet! Well, I received a text from someone who called saying that he will eliminate my number since I won't take a call. Jeeze, perhaps you could just ask "when is a good time to call?"

• Like 2

Looking forward to a travel day and having every flight delayed or cancelled, then being put on 4 planes to get where I need to go...WTF...Not a happy camper - as well having to deal with a Bitch of a flight attendant...

• Like 3

First is more an inconvenience I guess. Mom's surgeon has a pre-op appointment scheduled for her next week. Had plans that I had to cancel, in order to take her to the appointment. More disappointed than anything, but sh--t happens.

Second, more serious, dad fell last week. When they took him to the hospital they discovered he has pneumonia. He thought his weakness was from the leukemia. Kicker is, untill the pneumonia is beat, they can't begin chemo to battle the leukemia. Cancer being what it is, the sooner you treat it, the better. Turned into a pretty lousy day today, you could say it sucks

RG

• Like 5

Coming home to find some poophead ate the slice of pizza I set aside for a midnight snack. And his explanation is, he's a dog, that's what dogs do, and it's my fault for leaving it out on the counter where he could get it. And then he wants kisses and has pepperoni breath. That should have been MY pepperoni breath!

• Like 2

Logging on, finding that I had lost three cerb friends. Can't figure out who they were. Bummer.

I stayed at a friend's house one night and they have a parrot who had established a very good vocabulary along with short phrases. We were discussing one really bad dinner when someone we both know cooked for us. It was a disaster since we got sick that night through the following morning. Her efforts were appreciated but frankly it was crap. Worse than my one time bad meatloaf Lee Richards!

Later that day, the person who cooked stopped by. Out of nowhere, all we heard was" Xxxxx is a shitty cook." "Xxxxx is a shitty cook." "Xxxx is a shitty cook." ( infinity). There was a pause for a few seconds which felt like an eternity and my friend and I just wanted to run and hide after that moment. Boy, were out faces red!

I stayed at a friend's house one night and they have a parrot who had established a very good vocabulary along with short phrases. We were discussing one really bad dinner when someone we both know cooked for us. It was a disaster since we got sick that night through the following morning. Her efforts were appreciated but frankly it was crap. Worse than my one time bad meatloaf Lee Richards!

Later that day, the person who cooked stopped by. Out of nowhere, all we heard was" Xxxxx is a shitty cook." "Xxxxx is a shitty cook." "Xxxx is a shitty cook." ( infinity). There was a pause for a few seconds which felt like an eternity and my friend and I just wanted to run and hide after that moment. Boy, were out faces red!

Well now Wifey....great idea :) I shall get a parrot and leave at your place for awhile.....

I am sure I will learn all sorts of things except I doubt the parrot will ever be able to repeat ....."Nicki !!! more meatloaf !!!!"" he he he

Now you have a wonderful day sweetie ;)

Logging on, finding that I had lost three cerb friends. Can't figure out who they were. Bummer.

Don't take it personal as I think you were one of the first to send me a friend request... probably people that haven't posted and therefore if they remove all other trace of themselves the account can actually be deleted as opposed marked inactive with the asterisks in the name.

To Cowboy Kenny: All dogs can talk. But not all humans listen.

Not sure about Kenny but I speak dog ....

Woof means "good pizza :)"

Woof Woof means "I didn't seen your name on it...and you aren't so Joyful right now ??"

Woof Woof Woof means "calm the hell down woman....it's just a piece of pizza !!!"

Woof Woof Woof...Woof Woof Woof ...means "fine then be like that ! I am going back to my doghouse ! " ;)

• Like 1

Not sure about Kenny but I speak dog ....

Woof means "good pizza :)"

Woof Woof means "I didn't seen your name on it...and you aren't so Joyful right now ??"

Woof Woof Woof means "calm the hell down woman....it's just a piece of pizza !!!"

Woof Woof Woof...Woof Woof Woof ...means "fine then be like that ! I am going back to my doghouse ! " ;)

In dogspeak; "ARF ARF ARF" means the pizza doesn't agree with my tummy. Dogs can't pronounce the letter B.

• Like 1

Being a clutz...I can fall by tripping over a crack in the sidewalk. Last night's power walk ended in an embarassing disaster!

1) worked 4th 14+ hour day in a row

2) then straight to rink to deep fry fries, onion rings, popcorn chicken, perogies etc... to healthify our kids ?

3) got home...showered, poured a nightcap...ahhhh relax :) phone rings and back to work I go :(

4) freezing rain out and Lee slips and slides right under his fucking truck !!!!

5) drove a rockin 50 km per hour all the way to my facility ....I don't like to drive slow !!!

6) got out of truck....fell down again :(

7) fixed problem but had to monitor so slept on office desk for 4 hours

I now need a massage or bodyslide or some action or something :D

• Like 2

Well don't know if this is things that suck or something good, well not good, dad still has leukemia. But the doctors were originally wrong, he doesn't have pneumonia. That's the good news. Bad news, he has fluid in his lungs, which is why the mis-diagnosis. Bad news. Good news, they can drain the fluid, meaning he can start his chemo sooner. But he had a stroke a few years back, and is on coumadin. He has to be off the coumadin for five days before the fluid can be removed. Hopefully there are no side effects from being off the coumadin for five days. But he can also get started on the chemo once the fluid is removed, which means sooner than later. So still worried, don't know if this is good or bad news

RG

• Like 3

Bit of a long story. I love blue jeans, but they don't love me. I'd live in them if I could, but a couple chronic soft tissue injuries prevent me from wearing them. So instead, I wear skirts. My husband makes them. They have elastic waistbands. They're comfy and they're feminine.

We just acquired a 10-week-old black lab/boxer mix. He has a new fun thing to do. He comes up behind me, grabs a mouthful of skirt and yanks it down around my knees.

Oh joy!

• Like 4

First, well it's for a good cause but spending most of the day either on the road or sitting in a hospital waiting room because I have to take mom for a pre-op appointment.

Second, plans made for today cancelled because I had to take mom for her pre-op appointment

Third, well even though it gets the internet, it sure is hard reading and posting on CERB using my Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone which I used while I was sitting in the waiting room (no, no one saw what site I was on LOL)...glad I'm back on a computer

RG

• Like 1

Discretion is the better part of valor. I have a part time employee who has been giving me fits lately with inattention, tardiness, and brain cramps. She recently went through a messy domestic relationship breakup and I have been cutting her a LOT of slack- partly out of respect for her mother (a valued employee) and partly out of sympathy- but it has been wearing thin and costing me money. She has two children (4,1) and a useless ex and this morning, she took her youngest to the hospital. Long story short, her child is very sick and may be hospitalized for several weeks.I am so thankful I didn't blow up at her recently and terminate her employment.....but it was close. The good part is that I can cut her a paycheck and an early Christmas bonus. The part that sucks is that she will spend her second Christmas in a row at the hospital with her son. Last year, he survived meningitis.

• Like 2