Things that suck, and not in a good way.

This bed just ain't big enough for the seven of us.

Don't anybody get between me and my inversion table today.

I never knew this could happen, but the handle on my bathroom faucet popped off. More accurately blew off. I had a huge geyser of hot water spraying all over my bathroom. My first hint that something was amiss was seeing the cat bolt by me ... may be she was responsible ?

Anyway I was able to shut of the water but not after getting a nice shower in the process. Needed the wet vac to clean up the mess. Nothing too terrible although my daughter's Dr Seuss "Oh, the places you'll go" suffered in our little Posiden adventure and will probably have to be replace. She was not too happy when we had to subsitute another book for bedtime.

Wasted too much of my weekend cleaning up and replacing the faucet. Weekends are short enough so to lose a few hours to something stupid like this is frustrating. On another note, I have never heard of this happening before.

Having someone phone up and play 20 questions. When I ask him if he's seen my web site, he insists he has not. I ask him where he got my phone number then. He insists it's in my ad. Wrong! In fact, it's not anywhere online EXCEPT on my web site. He insists he's looking right at it.

I don't get why some guys lie to me. Who does he think places my ads?

I had to hang up. I never know what to make of that nonsense.

Can I puts hit out on my mom?

If you find somebody good, let me know and we'll see if he'll give us a group discount. I have a list... ;)

cat

If you find somebody good, let me know and we'll see if he'll give us a group discount. I have a list... ;)

cat

somedays i think I need a family group rate!!

Blank profiles... arghhhh!

No shows and last minute cancellations.

Missing the bus to get to work.

Slipping on ice and breaking something.

This year's nasty flu bug.

Drivers that cut you off... and don't speed up to get the hell out of your way.

6 more working days before i change jobs, still got a ton of work to complete, on top of meetings and training my replacement that arrives tomorrow (so we spent 6 days "together" on top of my workload), just to have management hand me more stuff to do as "i'm the only one who can do it" ... 2 days in a row.

Mmmmm sometimes i wonder .....

• Like 1

19 day preemie heifer calf born an hour ago and it is blistering cold, so I put her beside a forced air heater and am thawing out colostrum. Decided to put a glove on and check her momma. Fml......another calf in there. I'll wait for momma to settle down and then deliver the second calf. It is going to be a short night after a long day with another day of -29 here tomorrow.

• Like 4

I went to get what will be my last tub of drywall plaster to finish the seam filling in the room that I am renovating. Upon getting it home and opening it all ready to go to work I find that it is frozen solid. It obviously was just brought in from the warehouse or off of a truck. Well, that sets me back a day.

So instead I changed out of my work clothes and opened an early beer. Sure am glad that I have this wood furnace!!!

• Like 2

I went to get what will be my last tub of drywall plaster to finish the seam filling in the room that I am renovating. Upon getting it home and opening it all ready to go to work I find that it is frozen solid. It obviously was just brought in from the warehouse or off of a truck. Well, that sets me back a day.

So instead I changed out of my work clothes and opened an early beer. Sure am glad that I have this wood furnace!!!

drinking beer rather than drywalling ... seems to me this should be in the highlight of the day thread.

Porthos

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Emptying ashes out of my woodstove and now getting a downdraft that smells like creosote!

Being given pages and pages of paperwork to sign off on a new mortgage and realizing that the lender spelled my name wrong!!!!! Just hurry up and let's get this over with already... Pfffffffttttt!!!!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Being flooded in your basement and will be losing some stuff that I worked hard for and having to throw it all out. Rugs, electronics and other stuff that has memories attached to them and oh yes furniture!

My food being cross contaminated with shellfish on January 17th landing me in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. Worst and scariest allergic reaction to date. The few times I leave out the house for dinner without taking my first line of defense Benadryl this happens but I'm lucky to always have an epi-pen on hand. All better now:icon_biggrin:!!

• Like 2

Getting a call at 7 am to find out a close friend was killed in an accident.

going to miss you Kechara

• Like 7

Getting a call at 7 am to find out a close friend was killed in an accident.

going to miss you Kechara

OMG so so so sorry to hear this:(

I hope you can overcome this with grace! Best wishes and most sincere condolences to you and her loved ones.

• Like 1