Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Taking a parent to the Emergency again because someone put on the wrong kind of cast and having to watch someone in severe pain.

Guest K***e D****ls

I'm smack in the middle of a summer cold. The hell? I was fine all winter and now bam! Chicken soul and lots of liquids for moi.

I'm smack in the middle of a summer cold. The hell? I was fine all winter and now bam! Chicken soul and lots of liquids for moi.

A nap in the nude might have done that to you! :icon_wink:

TV Ads :-( Watching Bullitt...the best scene in the movie IMHO is the chase scene, arguably the best car chase scene in movies anywhere

and as the scene starts, they break for an ad. Then as the chase scene progresses, they break for another ad...like WTF!!!

RG

TV Ads :-( Watching Bullitt...the best scene in the movie IMHO is the chase scene, arguably the best car chase scene in movies anywhere

and as the scene starts, they break for an ad. Then as the chase scene progresses, they break for another ad...like WTF!!!

RG

You need a PVR, where you can tape stuff and watch it later. Then you can fast forward at those parts, or better yet, learn how to stream movies for free from the internet and watch on your laptop connect to your TV.

I cancelled cable months ago and have netflix and stream movies from other sites on the net.

BTW, Bullitt is one my favourite movies and I said if I ever won the lottery, I'd have to get me one of those classic mustangs.

• Like 1

You need a PVR, where you can tape stuff and watch it later. Then you can fast forward at those parts, or better yet, learn how to stream movies for free from the internet and watch on your laptop connect to your TV.

I cancelled cable months ago and have netflix and stream movies from other sites on the net.

BTW, Bullitt is one my favourite movies and I said if I ever won the lottery, I'd have to get me one of those classic mustangs.

Actually I've got a PVR Angela, unfortunately it was recording another movie at the same time I was watching Bullitt...and I stayed up late just to see that movie, especially the chase scene

I love that fastback Mustang too

RG

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls
A nap in the nude might have done that to you! :icon_wink:

Touché, sir! haha

My sump pump couldn't handle the volume of water from yesterday's storm and broke down. My spare pump is now draining over a foot of water.

Irony, I am on a well in the country, I have no water from the well because the electrical switches are submerged.

Silver lining, someone else on the board was asking on how to purge and get rid of things, a flood is very effective but not recommended.

Hobbying on hold till damage is assessed and things are repaired or replaced.

Touché, sir! haha

Lol... I had to google and look up the word Touché to see what it meant!

I know Toucher is to touch but not in the use as a slang.

Next time, if you are taking a nap, let me know, and I will come and keep you warm and to cover you up! hehehe... :icon_biggrin:

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

Seeing adorable baby animals, puppies, kitties, other adorable things, and wanting to bring them all home with you to snuggle. But then realizing that you might be a borderline pet hoarder and feeling guilty. haha Or just feeling sad that at this time you can't add a pet baby to your family. Why do I torture myself by looking at adorable baby animals that I cannot have?! worth it though, they are so cute! >.<

Receiving a nasty phone call with the person saying "You shouldn't be in the business no matter how pretty you are or how much people like you, you don't have blue eyes and blonde hair and don't belong so quit ******".

That is the watered down version, people can be so cruel and hurtful but I'm here and don't plan on going anywhere.

I may not be everyone's flavour or preference because I'm naturally "tanned" but they're many who enjoy me for the lady I am and not my skin tone and the ones who don't, they're the ones missing out over something so superficial and trivial. Everyone is entitled to their preference and respect that.

In reality a phone call like that does effect me and my heart but it also makes me strive to be the best quality companion possible.

Seriously, if someone has an issue with my skin tone why call or use any form of communication and contact me. There is no need to contact me with their hate.

That's all....Douchebag caller...

• Like 4

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Having spent most of the weekend @ HSN in Sudbury and watching a family member suffer through delays in scheduling his surgery and not being able to eat or drink for hours and no information given out on why there was so many delays and bumping of patients. Finally he had his surgery on Sunday night to repair a shattered arm Hopefully this is the last of my visits to this hospital for awhile.

It sucks to feel like no matter what you say you end up feeling like your fucking Wrong.....

It sucks to feel like no matter what you say you end up feeling like your fucking Wrong.....

you married too?

• Like 1

This is almost a really cool thing... but....

I live downtown. On nights in early July when you don't need the ac on, it's really cool to open up the balcony doors and let the breeze come in to naturally cool my place and watch a little tv ....

BUT....

... last night was the opening night of Bluesfest. I like Bluesfest.

It was country rock night. Not my favourite genre of music, but ... okay.

Soooo... my friend was over and we were finally getting her caught up on Game of Thrones.... and BOOOOOM. TWANG.

Holy schmidt. The volume at Bluesfest combined with the atmospheric conditions were the ideal mix for sound carrying. I didn't have to pay to hear live music. It was in my living room. IT was loud.... and it made hearing the "Red Wedding" episode (season 3, episode 9... perhaps the most shocking of all episodes) really difficult.

Sooo... up with the TV volume. Closed went the balcony door. On went the AC.

I just hope that when the bands I wanna hear are on stage, I can take advantage of my balcony to hear some premium live music absolutely free....

• Like 2

People who let little kids run and play in the house. I now have an upstairs neighbour, and she had some family in for the weekend. Including one or more small children who repeatedly ran the length of the house, shrieking at the top of their lungs.

I know kids do this, but heck! This house is on a farm. Put the little tiger(s) outdoors to wear themselves out. When I was a kid, we certainly weren't allowed to run in the house. Nor was my daughter. These people will probably be wondering, in about ten years, why their teenager has no respect for his or her home.

There's only one response to loud neighbours: OPERA!

• Like 3