I have to agree with @SarahAlexxx here.. if you get scammed that much then you’re not putting in the effort to make sure your provider is reputable. @Quietfun feel free to send me a message if you’d like a little run down of what you can look for to avoid being scammed again. 

• Like 4

On 11/3/2021 at 9:36 PM, East Coast Kimmy said:

I’ve recently had some no shows/cancellations locally and while touring. 
(No — I didn’t ask for a deposit in these instances because I usually only get deposits for outcalls) 
Most don’t send a “fee” for cancelling/not showing up even after requested to do so. When this happens what do you do (ladies)? 

I have also had a client who no showed on a duo booking offer Amazon Cards to me & the other provider for the compensation. I’ve never done this or used these and wasn’t sure how to accept the card (if possible to do safely) — does anyone know if it is safe to accept them (deposit them onto an Amazon account before someone had an opportunity to personally deposit the card by the code sent). 

Thanks in advance for any advice 

Thats what I started doing, requiring a nominal amount (not 50%, only $50) as a deposit via amazon GC before making plans. 

It stings not getting the extra 50 in cash, but Ive seen a huge drop in no shows so its worth it. And I enjoy that its anonymous for both parties. I just get the claim code and put it on my account and make sure it is added to my balance prior to establishing dates.  Ive never tried (now that i think of it I just might try) but I think its safe to say theres no easy way for the gc purchaser to see what amazon account a gift card was applied to. I dont know for certain but I highly doubt that even contacting amazon support would result in them being able to give that personal info, even if the nosy client tried to say it was a scam, amazon would very likely ONLY give that info to authorities and ONLY on request. 

Im personally not booking without it any more. Deposits from everyone, and ID from new people. Pretty much just what sarah alex said in her post. The lost time costs me more than 50 dollars.  And it helps being a legit provider bc Im not in it for just the 50 😉 thats simply my new assurance policy that its worth all the time and effort I put in beforehand, which I cant get back. Wish i had been doing this since day 1 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/14/2022 at 7:22 AM, SarahAlexxx said:

Then you aren't doing enough research and that's on YOU. 

100 Times out of 100 I never lost a deposit...(well paid in full in advance)

Reiterating what Sarah said, you do need to do your research 

Good Luck

RG

• Like 4

If she insists she needs a deposit for travel send a rideshare to pick her up and emt the driver a small amount first for showing up at the pickuo kocation and waiting and the agreed amount forthe ride to the dropoff point once the rideshare verifies he has the passanger.  If no one shows up your only out $10 or whatever the first pickup amount with the driver was.  And if shes real she has her ride and you avoided the deposit.   She doesnt like rideshare? Ask the cab company to call you instead once it has the passanger and pay the cab directly when she is dropped off.  Or leave cash at the front desk to cover the ride.  Whatever.  Pay the driver fir the travel.  

If she needs gas for travel tell her to catch a cab or rideshare i stead and leave her car parked.  A real provider wont have an issue with this.  Only a dcammer would iinsist on a deposit being sent .

Those are my thoughts to avoid being scammed. 

15 hours ago, QuakeRegina said:

If she insists she needs a deposit for travel send a rideshare to pick her up and emt the driver a small amount first for showing up at the pickuo kocation and waiting and the agreed amount forthe ride to the dropoff point once the rideshare verifies he has the passanger.  If no one shows up your only out $10 or whatever the first pickup amount with the driver was.  And if shes real she has her ride and you avoided the deposit.   She doesnt like rideshare? Ask the cab company to call you instead once it has the passanger and pay the cab directly when she is dropped off.  Or leave cash at the front desk to cover the ride.  Whatever.  Pay the driver fir the travel.  

If she needs gas for travel tell her to catch a cab or rideshare i stead and leave her car parked.  A real provider wont have an issue with this.  Only a dcammer would iinsist on a deposit being sent .

Those are my thoughts to avoid being scammed. 

I prefer to have my own modes of transportation available encase something were to go wrong. I am able to leave asap and not wait for a ride to show up. 

Deposits (for me) are required for new clients, clients that have a history of canceling and when touring. If you don't like it, don't book a person that requires it to book. 

To me, they show you are committed to showing up and make my day much easier and our time more enjoyable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, StephanieMystique said:

I prefer to have my own modes of transportation available encase something were to go wrong. I am able to leave asap and not wait for a ride to show up. 

Deposits (for me) are required for new clients, clients that have a history of canceling and when touring. If you don't like it, don't book a person that requires it to book. 

To me, they show you are committed to showing up and make my day much easier and our time more enjoyable. 

There is no other way to put it honestly...I just do not understand why some  make such a big deal about sending a deposit if not comfortable doing so they can always contact a lady that doesn't ask for one..problem solved!

It's fcked up that people have been scammed but it's also fcked up that WE deal with  those that fake book us and waste our time as well 

I no longer have to deal with those types of people thank God

Our time and safety is just as important 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A thread reminding me to post here that my 3rd deposit has been sent to a lady...by the time I see her she will have been paid in full.

Deposit required...??? I pay in full prior to a date...less risk than this small town boy going to the big city lugging $$$$ in cash with him

JMO

A Rambling

RG (I know really RG1 but we're actually one and the same...omg this headache 😆

And today I sent another payment... number four to be exact to a companion for an upcoming date...a date I'm likely having this July. By the time date time rolls around this lady will have been paid in full via etransfer.

Just a Rambling From Someone Who's Paid Companions In Full Using etransfer Since 2011 And It's Never Been A Problem. 

RG

Use a separate bank account if you need to cover your tracks.  I doubt it would help legally, but an e-transfer would be circumstantial at best.

And do your homework.  Online presence, review boards, reverse image searches, alternate ads, ads posted in multiple cities at the same time, etc.  If they are screening it also adds to the legitimacy as scammers likely would likely want to cast a wider net.

If you think something doesn't sound right, don't send a deposit.  

Some ladies require a deposit every time even if you've met them before, too many time-wasters out there.  I use it to save time getting cash and will often send the full amount - it is usually well received.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 7:49 PM, StephanieMystique said:

Thank you! You have everything right. 

DO your research! It'll be the fastest and easiest way to verify the provider. Do they have more links to other profiles, website, Twitter, Lyla, ect? 

I know a few ladies that run a non-verified ad for an extra ad. Or they want to test a new area here without commiting a large amount of money. 

Do a reverse check on the photos. There is a great thread for how to her on Lyla. 

Google the name and phone number, does it come up with the same information or something else? 

I have made deposits mandatory for new clients as there has been too many time wasters and no shows during covid. It's also added an extra layer of security for myself for knowing who I am seeing. My no show/cancelations have dropped to less than 2% since implementing it. For me it's been worth it. 

If I have someone saying they don't send or scam, I give them lyla.ch for a good start of research and tell them to have a good day. I have done all the work to verify myself for you, active website, Twitter, Snapchat, and presence here on Lyla. You just have to spend 5 mins to 30mins verifying me. Then politely introduce yourself. 

Yes, there is scammers out there, but just like we have to research anything else we want, do you research and it will help you 99% of the time. 

Yessss girl, this is exactly right. We have to wean out the time wasters so sometimes it’s what we have to do. But it’s always up to the client to decide if they’re going to do it or not. So if they don’t want to it shouldn’t be an issue, off to the next. What I always do is say my part to new clients and if they don’t want to because they have suspicions then their loss. 

Edited by Candy Baby
  • Like 1

And yesterday I sent a lady her fifth and second last payment (in full not just a deposit) for a date I'm having the end of July.  I haven't lost a deposit...well payment in full by paying in advance.  And I've been doing this since 2011 along with giving screening /verification information. 

A Lighter In The Wallet...But Lighter In A Good Way Rambling 😄

RG

• Like 1