Things that turn you off when you see an SP?

I would appreciate if we can go back to the original topic and find out whether other clients have experienced many unpleasant encounters with SPs from this forum. So far, it seems very few of them did which I am glad to hear. :)

H.

It really seems like you're beating a dead horse here. It doesn't seem like anyone wants to go back to the original topic - and for me, in addition to my previous comments, I think the reason is this: you're not asking for 'turn-offs'. You're asking specifically for things SPs have 'done wrong', and for people to share. No one wants to shit-talk ladies here. Period. Now if you want to discuss things that would turn you off when seeing a lady, like bad breath, dirty bathrooms, etc, I'm sure people will chime in - I know threads about those very things exist on this board. But to come on and ask people to share negative experiences on this board is going to do nothing but breed more negativity.

Hmmmm. Things that turn me off when seeing an SP.

Chainsaws. Chainsaws are bad.

Big hairy men in the living room. Big hairy men are a bit of a turn off. Big hairy men carrying chainsaws are bad too.

Evidence of ritual sacrifice. Especially when a big hairy man is wearing some sort of talisman and is eyeing me as "next."

Rabid house pets.

Oranges. They scare me. I have no reason to fear them, but they scare me.

Celine Dion posters.

Hobbit feet. If you have abnormally large hairy feet, please let me know before the appointment.

Anything stored in formaldehyde.

The undead.

"Mein Kampf"

Bottles of horse tranquilizers.

A supply of body bags.

Barry Manilow CDs.

Livestock.

• Like 3

Dang, I guess I will sell my Manilo collection on Ebay!

No need. Just give them to the big hairy guy with the chainsaw when you send him on his way.

Guest W*t D*****

Just my first post for what it's worth. There are many things in life that turn me off, however there are many more that turn me on hence I do not dwell very much upon the former. Besides, what turns me on may, in fact, turn someone else off. It is what it is.

I don't know about the others, but I'm not debating the idea that recos alone on here should be the only info. What I'm saying is, if there's something about an experience that didn't sit well and you want to provide feedback, do it in person, not on a thread on a board that she may not even read. Feedback is best given in person, if you genuinely want the person to take it into consideration.

• Like 1

It should be emphasized that cerb is a recommendation board NOT a review board. Everyone has known that since day one when they registered. There are many other sites that will offer what you are looking for if you can't find it here. To write something negative would go against the whole purpose of a recommendation board so why fight it? It's the premise of this site. Reviews as oppposed to recommendations implies something entirely different. I would also like to add that just because the recos here are positive does not necessarily mean that all the reviews on other sites speak the entire truth. There are definitely shills happening elsewhere along with bashing SPs and people almost take it as gospel. Not always.

It's almost as if there is a SP v.s. hobbyist mentality beginning to transpire and that's not something I want to be a part of which is why I'm a member here. And for the record, I'm not a big fan of recos or reviews. I really couldn't care less. I'm assuming it was never the Mod's intention to start another review board since there are others available and wanted something different that would appeal to others. For those who think it's too rosy because they can't write anything negative ( yet you're still here) then you know where the door is. Sorry had to say it.

• Like 3

Having been away from the board for a couple of weeks, returning to see this thread is a little surprising. Seems like we can't avoid diving into some controversy every now and again... :-)

Hornet, I get that you're frustrated with an encounter (or encounters) that didn't meet your expectations, but I don't think it's fair to blame this on faulty recos. I would encourage you to re-examine your expectations...of both your encounters and what you find here on CERB.

First off, the encounters: it is unfortunate when the reality of an encounter doesn't match up with the scenario we had playing around in our heads, but it is a reality of this hobby, and you should be careful about even assuming your encounter with an SP can be generalized to all encounters with that SP. As we so often say, Your Mileage May Vary, and that doesn't just apply to services, it applies to everything about the encounter. The lovely ladies we're seeing are not selling cars that come off an assembly line...and above all else, you need to remember that they are people, too, and everyone has a bad day at some point. I get paid for my job, too, but that doesn't mean that I perform the same way every day that I go to work. Most days my employer gets 10-12 extremely productive hours out of me, but every now and then they wind up with 6 hours of me socializing, surfing the internet, or making plans for the weekend.

Please note that I'm not trying to make excuses for what sounds like a disappointing experience...I'm just encouraging you to accept it as something that does happen once in a while, rather than trying to turn it into a "lesson" for all SPs. As you've already seen on this thread, the SPs who put a great deal of effort into making sure that most of their clients' expectations are met aren't going to take too kindly to that kind of "lesson".

Now, as for the recos here on CERB...of course they're not telling you the whole story. As the tag line says, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. That isn't a mantra designed to put all "truth" out on the table, it's a recognition of the fact that we, as a large collection of anonymous people, are not capable of sticking to "truth" when there are no controls put on us. When I first started hobbying about three years ago, I used some of the other boards as well, and quickly became frustrated with how often the threads dissolved into extremely negative and childish behaviour. The rules here prevent this board from becoming like that, but of course that comes at a cost. It means we as hobbyists need to be a little more careful about how we read the recos, and as someone else mentioned, we need to be able to read between the lines as well. But I'll gladly take that in order to maintain some sense of community here. Besides, it's not like those other boards aren't still around for you to make use of, if you really want to.

As for the mod becoming the arbiter of recos, I think he'd be the first to tell you that he doesn't have that kind of time. What you suggest would require a large investment of resources, and you need to understand that CERB isn't the money-maker here...it's the board that is provided to us in concert with EC, and I'm pretty sure we already take enough of the mod's time as it is. :-)

I hope my points above provide some perspective, particularly on why most of the other members are reacting to your comments and suggestions.

• Like 2

It should be emphasized that cerb is a recommendation board NOT a review board. Everyone has known that since day one when they registered. There are many other sites that will offer what you are looking for if you can't find it here. To write something negative would go against the whole purpose of a recommendation board so why fight it? It's the premise of this site. Reviews as oppposed to recommendations implies something entirely different. I would also like to add that just because the recos here are positive does not necessarily mean that all the reviews on other sites speak the entire truth. There are definitely shills happening elsewhere along with bashing SPs and people almost take it as a hard truth. Not always.

It's almost as if there is a SP v.s. hobbyist mentality beginning to happen and that's not something I want to be a part of which is why I'm a member here. I'm assuming it was never the Mod's intention to start another review board since there are others available and wanted something different that would appeal to others. For those who think it's too rosy because they can't write anything negative ( yet you're still here) then you know where the door is. Sorry had to say it.

Well said Nicolette, don't be sorry. I've been tempted to say it, but haven't.

This should be, and I approach it, as a mutually beneficial activity to all, not a SP vs hobbiest activity.

RG

A recommendation should only be written if someone wants to "recommend" that particular provider. If there are things you don't like, then obviously you would not recommend them, hence no recommendation.

If you want to review them and pick them apart, then go and do it on one of those "review" boards.

Plain and simple but some of you just aren't getting it.

If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

And if you don't like a ladies messy apartment or dirty washroom or overlit room, then give her a cancellation fee and leave.

Don't stay and follow through with the session and then bitch about it.

Like how enjoyable is that supposed to be if you're not comfortable from the get go.

And then to encourage others to share their "turn-offs", for what purpose?

These situations are in the minority unless you are getting someone working out of a crack house or something which you might expect from someone advertising on a free site or a telephone chat line.

I think this thread is going nowhere.

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

• Like 5

I have to agree with Angela.

At best this is a vent, at worst we are stirring a pot of animosity.

Let's all just hug, naked.

I have to agree with Angela.

At best this is a vent, at worst we are stirring a pot of animosity.

Let's all just hug, naked.

Best way of saying it Old Dog! hehe

I can assure you that none of the above could possibly be directed at you Carley Chase!!! lol

-- Simply being a member on here does not guarantee good service, btw

Totally agree on this: you don't get tested for cleanliness or general good behavior to be a CERB member, so...Plus everybody nowadays can have a computer and ask to be a member. I am not naming names but you know them already I am sure.

Definatelly you are not naive, but highly professional.

I just don't want to deal with potential negative consequences if she doesn't take constuctive criticism well. :)

The last thing I want to happen is that a sexy lady approaches me somewhere when having dinner with friends and asks when I'll stop by for another "session". :)

I would rather avoid that kind fo risk .. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh for gods sake.

Not even half way thru this "UN" complaint, and we've already covered about 90% of the sp stereotypes of how they will ruin the lives of someone who posts a trash review/comment. All pretty much from one person here. And all because you are on a board where you can't name your enemy?

And then i get to the part about how you also want to the right to post accusations about stds from sps. Well, heck, if you don't also present the proof of that, don't care where you post it, its slander.

Then, the solution is pretty clear: go to these wonderfully fair boards (of which I know of NONE) and go do that right now and get this horrifying experience(S) off your chest there, instead of here.

Edited by fortunateone
  • Like 5

Guest S***dst***

I will only make one post in this thread, as I believe the original Idea has been brought up and posted multiple times; and I have already given my response to the original topic before.

Then why bother with this one? Reading the various arguments going on within this thread. I just wanted to give my two cents on the "non-use" of recommendations.

People say, "I don't use the recommendations because they aren't always accurate"

There are a LOT of things you have to look at and keep in mind when you read them.

1) Is this the persons first reco? Have they contributed at all before making one?

2) Are you looking for an encounter to be EXACTLY like that person describes? Sorry but you are likely going to be out of luck if this is how you choose via a reco.

You are not the client who wrote it.

Why does that matter? You do not have the same mind set, attitude, personality or experiences that person has.

Why is this important? Chemistry. If you don't get along with each other, it won't be as enjoyable regardless of menu options, physical beauty etc

Unless she is some kinda of cyborg sent back in time with one directive and mode of operation that plays out exactly the same everytime she meets someone...how mechanical does that seem.

Don't be angry with yourself (or her) it just wasn't ment to be. Like life and love..you can't force someone/thing if it doesn't fit.

3)(kinda ties into 2) If the client has had multiple visits chances are they are comfortable with each other and therefor more open and receptive to each others advances.

You are going into someones personal space, don't be arrogant enough to think they should trust you right away; Sp are human beings after all.

There are a lot more factors to consider but those are the BIG ones and I really don't feel like making a laundry list right now.

Well, some of us gents don't want to offend the ladies, especially knowing that not everybody knows how to run a sustainable business. :)

In this case I decided to stay but never come back. I might be wrong but I think many of gents here would do the same.

Or maybe I am just too nice :)

H.

Posted via Mobile Device

No, this is just a case of the little head making the decisions before the big head. Opps... sorry there's that pesky inner voice coming out again. ;)

This thread has provided some good discussion and feedback but is headed in downward spiral very quickly. Hornet, you got your answers please don't stir the pot. If you don't like the answers received then maybe you should read into that.